Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My opinion on why the game has constantly been losing players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(07-10-2018, 02:10 AM)Batavia Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2018, 11:49 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]My proposal doesn't cut any content , just a few jump hole connections while rerouting others. "In return" for the removed connection, a connection that allows for farther (and thereby faster) travel across Sirius along "highways" is given, while making two systems that are intended to be emptied for the benefit of the "highway" systems and connections.

You've not demonstrated that at all. If you'd actually do the math, you'd fine that the increased chance of encountering another player along these highways is a negligible percentage increase because all haulers are randomly distributed along all equally profitable paths. Chance increases in the 10's percentage range, not the multiple 100's of percentage increase that you need to notice any effect. You're dramatically overestimating the efficacy of cutting paths.

So show me how you did the math, and how you arrived at "chance of encountering another player along these highways is a negligible percentage increase because all haulers are randomly distributed along all equally profitable paths. Chance increases in the 10's percentage range, not the multiple 100's of percentage increase that you need to notice any effect."

But please do it here:
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...54&page=15

because the usual suspects are pointing the finger at me for replying to you here.
What about turning conn off for 1 month just see how it actually effects the playerbase
Why so much drama and arguing here? just play the game, takes far less effort
(07-10-2018, 04:35 AM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]What about turning conn off for 1 month just see how it actually effects the playerbase

Conn is important for trading codeguns and transfering stuff, which will become quite problematic without this. Just imagine, you want to transfer your shiny CAP 8 to another ship and your armory gets destroyed by someone with minimal RP effort in it. You will need to move armorless ship to a proper location as well, which means feeding with blues again. Good stuff? Not.
(07-10-2018, 05:22 AM)Corpus13 Wrote: [ -> ]Conn is important for trading codeguns and transfering stuff, which will become quite problematic without this. Just imagine, you want to transfer your shiny CAP 8 to another ship and your armory gets destroyed by someone with minimal RP effort in it. You will need to move armorless ship to a proper location as well, which means feeding with blues again. Good stuff? Not.

A really neat feature that FLHook has is the ability to turn PvP off in certain systems. We could keep Conn open but disable PvP damage in it.
(07-10-2018, 05:35 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]A really neat feature that FLHook has is the ability to turn PvP off in certain systems. We could keep Conn open but disable PvP damage in it.

That would actually be amazing. Dewit.
(07-10-2018, 01:18 AM)Manu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 01:14 AM)Chubicega Wrote: [ -> ]Best for not getting threads derailed into pointless discussions.

I totally agree! By not making back handed personal comments to diminish or degrade a person. Right Cubicegaaaaa?

Thing is, you can't really avoid back handed personal comments coming from Karlotta when you are talking to him, unless you don't have any thoughts on your own and just agree with him mindlessly in everything.
Enough. If you're unwilling to formulate a coherent argument for or against an idea, or at the very least agree or disagree with something, then you have no business posting here.

[Image: disagreement-hierarchy.jpg]

I'm not going to tolerate any further posts which fall below the third level of that chart in this thread. It isn't constructive in the least and in all likelihood is much more disheartening for new players than any potential learning curve.
(07-10-2018, 06:00 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 01:18 AM)Manu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 01:14 AM)Chubicega Wrote: [ -> ]Best for not getting threads derailed into pointless discussions.

I totally agree! By not making back handed personal comments to diminish or degrade a person. Right Cubicegaaaaa?

Thing is, you can't really avoid back handed personal comments coming from Karlotta when you are talking to him, unless you don't have any thoughts on your own and just agree with him mindlessly in everything.

hmmm Not so sure about that. Like I made a post regarding my experience and Karlotta among many others pointed their views. She didn't agree with a point I made but she didn't get personal. YOU ON THE OTHER HAAAANNNDDD... hmmm NOT SO MUCH!

Like I notice a lot of people criticizing her actions but basically doing the same thing or even worst. Not a good idea cause you give her permission to continue. Either way, Undermining a good idea because of the person behind it is lethal for developing a product to be optimal. If people could just concentrate to the topic at hand and keep marginal stuff aside would work wonders for the betterment of the game and the community.
Then I believe you have discovered why this game has few new players who stick around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19