Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My opinion on why the game has constantly been losing players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
So yesterday I've created two Discovery threads on the biggest Russian imageboard.
#1 in /v/: https://2ch.hk/v/res/3196875.html#3197859
#2 in /vg/: https://2ch.hk/vg/res/26894817.html#26898462
See how much interest it has gotten.
Both threads have drowned almost instantly.
Then put up a server and forum and play with those guys under your conditions. Crass changes to Discovery are more likely to piss off people here, which is a bad trade for a new clientel.
We have quite experienced devs out of old [RF] bunch, none of them are really interested in doing that, even for money.
Then all you can do is ask them how good their english is and whether they are willing to check out Discovery. I had to learn english as well, a bit more than two years ago I barely managed to write a post here that was understandable. Let those people showing interest not deceive you, though, I have people posting below my imgur galleries about Discovery as well but they rarely show up here, following the links I provided.
I owe my English to Disco, and I've stated that also in those threads, it's a nice opportunity to level it up a lot.
But it's still quite a niche project, seems to be too complicated to them outsiders.
(07-10-2018, 05:35 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 05:22 AM)Corpus13 Wrote: [ -> ]Conn is important for trading codeguns and transfering stuff, which will become quite problematic without this. Just imagine, you want to transfer your shiny CAP 8 to another ship and your armory gets destroyed by someone with minimal RP effort in it. You will need to move armorless ship to a proper location as well, which means feeding with blues again. Good stuff? Not.

A really neat feature that FLHook has is the ability to turn PvP off in certain systems. We could keep Conn open but disable PvP damage in it.

Why dont staff try to turn pvp off in conn for a for a test period of time ? It can actualy improve population of players is systems .
(i say staff instead developers/administrators becouse for this , as for any other thing , i dont know who decide).
(07-10-2018, 10:07 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 05:35 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 05:22 AM)Corpus13 Wrote: [ -> ]Conn is important for trading codeguns and transfering stuff, which will become quite problematic without this. Just imagine, you want to transfer your shiny CAP 8 to another ship and your armory gets destroyed by someone with minimal RP effort in it. You will need to move armorless ship to a proper location as well, which means feeding with blues again. Good stuff? Not.

A really neat feature that FLHook has is the ability to turn PvP off in certain systems. We could keep Conn open but disable PvP damage in it.

Why dont staff try to turn pvp off in conn for a for a test period of time ? It can actualy improve population of players is systems .
(i say staff instead developers/administrators becouse for this , as for any other thing , i dont know who decide).

So PvP aces killing mediocre players would enhance activity? No. See how current BHG is just killing activity and logging off once they have noone else to shoot. I wish they could stick to Conn and leave us regular people to interact with each other
(07-10-2018, 10:18 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]So PvP aces killing mediocre players would enhance activity? No. See how current BHG is just killing activity and logging off once they have noone else to shoot. I wish they could stick to Conn and leave us regular people to interact with each other

This. I couldn't agree more.
(07-10-2018, 10:18 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]See how current BHG is just killing activity

[Image: 640?cb=20160916210129]

You should pursue a professional career as a comedian.
(07-10-2018, 05:35 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]A really neat feature that FLHook has is the ability to turn PvP off in certain systems. We could keep Conn open but disable PvP damage in it.

Disable conn? where will ppl train and test loadouts or enjoy pvp in general?
most systems have 2hr death timers, except for few places which have 30min.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19