Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My opinion on why the game has constantly been losing players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
^ pvp aces will kill mediocore players in any situation.
If someone is to much of a nuisance ,i just log off character and switch to one in diferent system , or i crash in planet in worst case , thats how i deal with pvp whores who want kill at any cost , i leave them dry . They eventyaly learn that is no point in stalking me , becouse i will not provide them with free kill.
My point is , lets increase population first , we will deal with posible problems later . Dont worry about problems that may or may no apear . Populatin will not increase if we leave things as is. Lets try this for a week , if it works great, if not , we only wasted one week , whats harm in that ?
(07-10-2018, 10:33 AM)Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 05:35 AM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]A really neat feature that FLHook has is the ability to turn PvP off in certain systems. We could keep Conn open but disable PvP damage in it.

Disable conn? where will ppl train and test loadouts or enjoy pvp in general?
most systems have 2hr death timers, except for few places which have 30min.
Leave system where they are killed and go to some other system other that conn perhaps ?
And if conn is disabled for pvp , other system will be populated to .
Seriously, why are people obsessed with removing/nerfing Conn and expecting it will bring more good than harm? What is positive on forcing players which want to have just and only PvP to leave their training grounds and go have "encounters" with those who mostly do not share this hobby? Basically they will either stop logging altogether, or they will be those "Enemy in my sights, engaging" attackers with minimal mandatory two or three lines which everybody later complains about for "lack of RP". Or they will start creating their own private Conns is some remote areas in systems where they will be killing each other and accepting re-engaging between each other. I really don´t see any benefits for anyone, especially not any possible raise in player count. Quite the opposite, actually.
(07-10-2018, 10:40 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, why are people obsessed with removing/nerfing Conn and expecting it will bring more good than harm? What is positive on forcing players which want to have just and only PvP to leave their training grounds and go have "encounters" with those who mostly do not share this hobby? Basically they will either stop logging altogether, or they will be those "Enemy in my sights, engaging" attackers which everybody later complains about for "lack of RP". Or they will start creating their own private Conns is some remote areas in systems where they will be killing each other and accepting re-engaging between each other. I really don´t see any benefits for anyone, especially not any possible raise in player count. Quite the opposite, actually.

I won't say that conn should be removed, but it does have some negative aspects (not saying they outweigh the positive ones).

Before /conn people would consentually train pvp and duel as "simulated" fights (no pvp death rulewise) in places like alpha, without removing themselves entirely from the RP environment. That left them there as targets for raids, roleplay, bounty hunters, partners for people who want to do missions, etc.

One of the biggest problem and reasons for the population decrease is that people actually have very little to do in the RP environment except grind for cash and "shadowlog" through skype emergency channels, without being online before there was a juicy target. No repping with missions, no gear gathering, no training, no dueling, little money to be made by being in places in alpha themselves, exept the occasional smuggling in-out. Those things may not be active roleplay, but at least the players are still AVAILABLE for role play if someone sees them. In conn, not so much.

About the skype emergency channels, I have the feeling that a lot of people are sitting logged off waiting for someone else to log so they can raid them. But if that other player is instead also logged off or in conn waiting for a message in the emergency channel, guess what happens.
(07-10-2018, 10:40 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Snip.

I sadly have to wholeheartedly support your opinion. Removal of Conn would only make situation even worse for the "average" players and make them disappear from the server due to getting killed again and again. I have been to two or three planned events that became solely one-sided fights in which best PVP fellas formed against the weaker members who just wanted to do something fun.

Even since I suspected that was done due to hate towards certain players or/and factions, but I am not going to point my finger.
(07-10-2018, 05:22 AM)Corpus13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 04:35 AM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]What about turning conn off for 1 month just see how it actually effects the playerbase

Conn is important for trading codeguns and transfering stuff, which will become quite problematic without this. Just imagine, you want to transfer your shiny CAP 8 to another ship and your armory gets destroyed by someone with minimal RP effort in it. You will need to move armorless ship to a proper location as well, which means feeding with blues again. Good stuff? Not.

That was kind of my point, conn makes it too easy to get around the game. Jump Drives, Drones and Conn all contribute to disco quality of life upgrades that although seem useful take too much out of the game.
(07-10-2018, 10:34 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]^ pvp aces will kill mediocore players in any situation.

Well that is because of PVP Aces knows what to do. Discovery PVP is not just about your equipment level. Everything affects PVP that is why I love Discovery PVP more than other games but it is very difficult to learn and can make people angry and leave the game because most of PVP tactics are hidden from new players and thing is You can't learn these Tactics from fun PVE you have to train with real players and DIE a lot.

If you look at EVE online PVP, it is very simple not difficult to learn but its mostly relying on your Equipment and character skillpoints(like you need to train up your Artillery weapons skill to deal more damage etc)

Of course we cant compare Discovery with EVE because Freelancer is completely different but EVE PVP is suitable for newbies. Discovery PVP is very complex and i believe there is still hidden tactics waiting to be explored. If you want to make newbie friendly PVP, you need to change everything completely.
(07-10-2018, 10:51 AM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]One of the biggest problem and reasons for the population decrease is that people actually have very little to do in the RP environment except grind for cash and "shadowlog" through skype emergency channels, without being online before there was a juicy target. No repping with missions, no gear gathering, no training, no dueling, little money to be made by being in places in alpha themselves, exept the occasional smuggling in-out. Those things may not be active roleplay, but at least the players are still AVAILABLE for role play if someone sees them. In conn, not so much.

And so has come the day in which I agree with something Karlotta has said... Oh boy.

There are no longer any smugglers outside of maybe organized convoys once in a blue moon, because money making has been made way easier and people have been saturated with cash from events as well as the fact a lot of us are veterans with heaps of cash to begin with so no reason to trade to begin with.

There are no repping missions because you just /restart and have your ship ready, all you need is to fly to the vendor to buy your ship and equipment. I can't remember the last time I've seen a Titan or Sabre/Rapier grinding missions in Alpha/Gamma to get their rep up.

There's absolutely zero reason to be in Gamma or Alpha. Hence Gamma and Alpha are also absolutely dead most of the time.

Battleship missions being good cash as well as providing gear was a step in the right direction though, providing people a reason to be logged on even when there's no interaction to be had at hand.
Maybe Discovery should become more grind-to-win game. Add t1-t2-t3 versions of the weapons,shields and make them very hard to get
maybe %15 more dps %15 more range %15 more speed etc, Make t2 drop from pve events and upgrade them to t3 with enough resources via pobs or blueprints etc

There is also problem with community, i seen many newbies leaving becuase of toxic veteran players who vomit their hate to newbies just because they dont like what they suggest
(07-10-2018, 10:34 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]pvp aces will kill mediocore players in any situation.
Right, and disabling conn will not help it anyhow. Overall it's a retarded idea, not helping the activity anyhow.
(07-10-2018, 10:34 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]If someone is to much of a nuisance ,i just log off character and switch to one in diferent system , or i crash in planet in worst case , thats how i deal with pvp whores who want kill at any cost
Poor behavior. That way you will never succeed nor be respected.

(07-10-2018, 11:31 AM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2018, 10:34 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]^ pvp aces will kill mediocore players in any situation.
(07-10-2018, 11:31 AM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ][quote='sasapinjic' pid='2013493' dateline='1531215254']
^ pvp aces will kill mediocore players in any situation.

Well that is because of PVP Aces knows what to do. Discovery PVP is not just about your equipment level. Everything affects PVP that is why I love Discovery PVP more than other games but it is very difficult to learn and can make people angry and leave the game because most of PVP tactics are hidden from new players and thing is You can't learn these Tactics from fun PVE you have to train with real players and DIE a lot.

If you look at EVE online PVP, it is very simple not difficult to learn but its mostly relying on your Equipment and character skillpoints(like you need to train up your Artillery weapons skill to deal more damage etc)

Of course we cant compare Discovery with EVE because Freelancer is completely different but EVE PVP is suitable for newbies. Discovery PVP is very complex and i believe there is still hidden tactics waiting to be explored. If you want to make newbie friendly PVP, you need to change everything completely.
There are PvP guides though, also tons of videos on YT.
People just have to learn to analyze things, and stop thinking that skills just suddenly appear out of nowhere.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19