Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My opinion on why the game has constantly been losing players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(07-10-2018, 12:05 PM)Sanctions Wrote: [ -> ]There are PvP guides though, also tons of videos on YT.
not enough it seems, like you said skills doesnt appear suddenly. you need to put effort if you want to be capable PVP player, it is not easy i think Disco PVP is one of the hardest to get used to.
I would love to compare Discovery with Elite Dangerous, yet I can't do that on equal terms. ED offers protection from abusive players in form of Private Groups option where the weaker players can enjoy the game without bloodthirsty PKers.

On Discovery, if someone wants to abuse weaker players, they can do that that easily within scope of the rules - given knowledge what characters to target on basis the respective forums roleplays - and log different characters to harass said players. And Admins can't do anything about it, as no rules are broken.
(07-10-2018, 12:04 PM)Titan* Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe Discovery should become more grind-to-win game. Add t1-t2-t3 versions of the weapons,shields and make them very hard to get
maybe %15 more dps %15 more range %15 more speed etc, Make t2 drop from pve events and upgrade them to t3 with enough resources via pobs or blueprints etc

There is also problem with community, i seen many newbies leaving becuase of toxic veteran players who vomit their hate to newbies just because they dont like what they suggest
>t1-t2-t3
That will disattract people even more. If you're forced to grind something to be competitive, then it's just something wrong, not as this game was intent to be played.
>bad toxic vets
It's a normal behavior though, before proposing various changes, one has to be experienced enough in the first place.
This environment is not that harsh to newbies, especially compared to some hardcore communities. Such things even make you stronger, getting power through overcoming.
I offer a couple of ideas that might improve the vigor of the server environment.

1) Introduce general restarts and not specific restarts, for example; Liberty Lawful & Liberty Unlawful or just Liberty Neutral, you would be able to dock with all Libertonian factions and your rep with outside houses would reflect on the Libertonian diplomacy with other houses. For Omicron factions there would be one for Hispania, neutral with both factions. One for Omicron Delta, neutral with Order & Core, and the Nomad one would be unchanged.

This would encourage people to develop their ship and stay longer on the server. Although it may get boring real quick so I'm unsure about this idea.

2) Decrease the price of all freighters and transports, in-turn decrease trading profit by 50%. This would make getting warships (gunboats and up) a much lengthier & difficult process, but over-all would encourage for almost every individual on the server to be apart of a trading/mining organization. If they want to fund their big warships

(might need to delete all bank ships in the game for that Wink )
3) Introduce Karlotta's idea of bottleneck/crossroad/chokepoint systems & free-for-all mining zones for more RP competition and encounters. Self-explanatory.

Bonus idea that I think sounds good in theory: Increase all snub projectile flight speeds by 100ms, 4.00s refires and lower by 50ms, to counter that, give most fighters roughly 33% more nanobots than what they currently have. I think this would make pvp much faster no matter the skill level, but not make it too fast if a good pvper is just trying to seal-club some newbies.
We already forced to grind things in any case. If you even fly on snub you should sit in conn many time. It is NOT GRIND?
what is the plan exactly?
(07-10-2018, 12:14 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]2) Decrease the price of all freighters and transports, in-turn decrease trading profit by 50%. This would make getting warships (gunboats and up) a much lengthier & difficult process, but over-all would encourage for almost every individual on the server to be apart of a trading/mining organization. If they want to fund their big warships
I agree, i think getting a capital ship should be very hard. Not the gunboats though but i think Cruiser,Battlecruiser and Battleship prices needs to be increased.

Maybe bring back Capital Ship Licenses?
People complaining about aces have the attitude of a sore loser. "This guy invested time and effort to be better than me at something, how dares he!? I want tools to be as good as him without investing time or willingness myself to improve!" Yes, that's life for you. Put Discovery aside for a second, you don't get good at anything without investing time and effort into it. Get over yourselves.

Edit: It's like the guy who did nothing the entire semester trying to cheat on an exam and getting caught so he then proceeds to blame everyone from the uni to teachers and the subject itself instead of taking responsibility and actually studying. Or envying a successful sportsman for being better at a tournament while he was training 8 hours a day and you didn't do nearly as much. No pain, no gain.
I think everybody understand and agreed with your statement. Antonio. I think there more about, gap between master and noob TOO large. Discovery not a tournament, this is supposingly RP server. And not everybody want sit in conn all time in trainings, because you need spent much time on trainings to close to vets by skill.

That btw pain mostly for factions which suppose heavy military presence. When nobody from old players left in this type of factions, newbies cant play just because they always would be killed, and nobody around to help/teach.
Several duels a day would make it better than no duels at all.
I had quite a bunch of disciples throughout my Disco career, while I never had any teacher besides Salmin who I was nothing compared to, we just hanged out in conn torturing each other until we were levels above from what we used to be.
So what's preventing current playerbase to be teaching one another?
Maybe instead of wasting time on credit grinding newbs should actually learn to play, focus on something particular?
And if you want to feel that LARGE GAP - come play Quake with me, after being raped 100 to -10 you would feel what the real pain is. This game was never truly hardcore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19