Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My opinion on why the game has constantly been losing players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Agreed. the Battlecruiser update didn't necessarily make Battlecruiser's unusable or worse, but it's rendered them so boring that I don't even bother anymore. Same with a lot of areas of gameplay in the mod (although I do like the recent Battleship changes).
(01-01-2018, 08:14 PM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]What is stopping the so called veterans from taking up the overpowered toys and being a complete nuisance for you much better than you could ever be for them?
You'll only have players that missile better than you instead of gunning better than you, and the newbies will have no advantage in any way.

A question you should ask yourself.

What's stopping "so called vets" from doing just that?

Why are they instead crying on the forum about how they got killed by noobs when they would have pwned 5 of them single-handedly if it wasnt for missiles?

Is it really because they don't like to blow noobs up out of the kindness of their hearts?

Or is it because missiles don't need 5 years training, age 15-30, russian widescreen, 129.9 frame rate, and aimbot-like aim to be moderately effective?

Was the first paragraph even more obvious than that?
(01-01-2018, 09:44 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]What you call story progression (that you s ay you doing) i call "hugging muh lore" Rhein war cant progress because you hold the gate repair hostage of Rheinland bending to your demands.

Not my problem that RheinGov is unable to respond back for five weeks despite the fact I was promised a reply in certain timeframe already.

Please stop spreading lies, deceit or misinformation.
(01-01-2018, 07:59 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]Im the one advocating ppl to join dead factions. What Kruger was when i became "leader"? Me and one player that didnt logged, and i handed it to other player in november w 19 days of activity. More than most factions of mod combined (btw, still they 18d last month, so doing well).

And as inactive faction leaders are found to their toys, ill begin a diff group of an almost ded faction, why? Because i want to play and care for the mod. The "power" leaders have is vain, is as big as their egos mostly. A faction is essentially its members. If they are mostly ppl looking for fun and fairplay, well, will be nice to interact w em, if instead they are bored bitter vets, who, when ppl see logging, log off because know will die 100% sure with not even touching its hull
well, you got the meaning.

Do you even think what you're saying throughly and calmly for a second, or is it just posing yourself as a self appointed savior of the server or what? Many people will think that I am being a jerk for saying this but you are not the first faction who managed to become an active trading/mining faction for an amount of time, sir. We even had such factions that dominated the activity charts for years. Not to mention, the mining/trading factions can easily rack up playing time since trading and mining is something that takes up time, and you'll have members who join you just to get some more cash so they can buy a capital ship completely unrelated to your faction. You do your role well at a time when interest vanes so I respect that, but it shouldn't make you feel so superior to us mortals.

As for playing another faction that lacks activity. Did you ever think that getting a faction and a location more active simply means that you have less activity somewhere else? Imagine Kusari being the most active house all of a sudden while the population is the same. How does the server benefit from their activity? It will only mean that Kusari will be more active instead of Liberty, there'll be more interaction in Kusari rather than in Liberty, then you'll have people complaining about how Liberty is a desolate, unfun place to play in.

You can not create activity for every part of the server magically. You playing and getting somewhere else more active will not bring more players to play in the server. It will only shift the focus of players somewhere else and make them roam closer to you, leaving other factions moan for the lack of their own activity in other places.

If you want to keep the diversity of factions while retaining hot activity zones so there is more interaction all over, you just reduce the limits imposed on all the different factions. The Blood Dragons, for example. They are squeezed between the Omicrons and Kusari. They have nothing to do in Kusari and their ID does not allow them to roam into Omicrons and help out their allies, the Order. Just give them ZoI reaching Delta, and they'll be able to take part in an area that enjoys spontaneous activity so the blood dragons can enjoy their diverse roleplay and enrich the area further. It may not make sense in their lore currently, but the lore is written by players and it is subject to change. Make the lore fit to fun rather than trying to fit fun to lore. (this whole paragraph is an example is not really what I am suggesting after a lot of thought, but you get the idea)

This way you can just enjoy any faction you'd like to join, and each would have more contribution to the general activity of the server, retaining their viability for the player, and hopefully through this enrichment there'd be a gradual increase in population. The current system of dividing the active player base between different zones of activity, separating all factions through strict ZOI will not help some to survive no matter how hard you try. Let alone factions, this is killing the server itself with everybody spread all around, with huge gaps of no activity in the areas inbetween. We no longer have 200 players that can easily fill all the zones and make playing everywhere viable. Get real.

(01-01-2018, 07:59 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]instead they are bored bitter vets, who, when ppl see logging, log off because know will die 100% sure with not even touching its hull

The effort some people put in last years to make the skill gap even more pronunciated is the why some guys cant find "good pews" just easy blues. Funny enough they complain of that, as if isnt something they worked hard for, having sure no one have a chance against em.

Theres zillions more. What i want make people eralize is that we are getting new players, wecant keep em tho. Thats the main problem.

You are really getting on my nerves with comments such as these.

Yeah, there's a group of people with the only purpose of being mean to newbies and getting ez blue kills by killing them over and over. And that group of people are everyone that have an older register date than your own forum account.

(01-01-2018, 09:22 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]Why are people still digging on this salt mine?

Free post count. At least not one liners.

(01-01-2018, 09:57 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]"so called vets"

Why are they instead crying on the forum about how they got killed by noobs when they would have pwned 5 of them single-handedly if it wasnt for missiles?

Is it really because they don't like to blow noobs up out of the kindness of their hearts?

Or is it because missiles don't need 5 years training, age 15-30, russian widescreen, 129.9 frame rate, and aimbot-like aim to be moderately effective?

Is it maybe because some of those so called bittervets could have used the broken stuff that obsoletes all the other toys but they might not really think that it is the right way to enjoy a game?

One side wants broken things, the other side wants not broken things and the side that wants broken things seem to assume they have the morally high ground here. You're ridiculous, Karlotta.

By all means, get yourself a good gathering and make the devs re-introduce the broken ships with hitboxes and missiles. I couldn't care less personally. But I'll say it if I think it is not good for my fun, and if the consensus then is that what you say makes more sense than what I suggest, they can stay.

On the other hand, at the very least, you are no different than those who complain about broken stuff because they can't get ez blues, because you're complaining the very same way for the return of the broken stuff because you can't kill 'so called vets' easily despite their 5 years training. The amount of hypocrisy is too damn high here.
(01-01-2018, 09:57 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]Or is it because missiles don't need 5 years training, age 15-30, russian widescreen, 129.9 frame rate, and aimbot-like aim to be moderately effective?

I never laughed that hard Big Grin

Also, 150 frame rate, fisheye and aimbot.
Well, I started pvping a year ago and was able to defend myself nicely enough to never whine about pvp being hard after a few months, it is not that hard, really.
(01-01-2018, 10:26 PM)Shelco Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I started pvping a year ago and was able to defend myself nicely enough to never whine about pvp being hard after a few months, it is not that hard, really.

Shelco destroys me in pvp despite the amount of experience difference we have. But I don't get why winning matters so much for everyone that they think they must win without putting in any kind of effort compared to the ones who put some effort in to be good at something. For many people, this aspect of the game had been a main turn on and the reason they kept on playing for so long.

Considering the newbies though, since they are most important lately, if the ones who like this gameplay are less than the amount of newplayers such a policy could bring and keep because how easy it is to kill everyone with missiles, then they should reintroduce the missiles since that is better for the server. A few of the old ones who like this skill progression system would leave but whatever, right?

I do not even think that 'most' newplayers have gripes with this system. It seems to me that the main advocates of missiles and broken hitbox ships are those with at least 2 years of experience but still do not want to put in any effort.
I think we're at the point where all of our labors and achievements here dont mean that much. Frankly what's kept me here was the faction responsibilities. I would not be playing here if it wasn't for friends and stuff others wanted to do.

Depending on what can be done this mod has changes almost everything about itself several times over. the only thing that we THINK is keeping us here is actually whats causing the stench in the fridge. We need to bring back alot of things trimmed out for factions to aspire to. POBs have been simplified pretty Easily but many people here and new players have said. (especially lately) that there so much community made lore they feel lost.

I have to agree with that. There's a reason why the factions out of vanilla worked... because of the canvas the mod lets us paint. I'm going to say that if we could "arrange" a more playful atmosphere.. Revitalise the thing were playing with by wiping the slate and setting up shares assets for the factions. and permitting them all to be good starts.

I just really .. i mean.. listen being and official faction does not seem to count for anything anymore. and even when it did. Ive been at the bottom and at the top in this place and every time something doesn't pan out just a little bit or even in the face of outright favoritism.. the official faction process the politics and the BS that's gone along with it. I think we could honestly live without it. This whole pile of crap.. the past as it is is too much for the admin team as is to have to balance with thier decisions. I mean everyones eyes are bugging out anytime someones gets one thing or another. and the time to wait for the dev team to fix and deliver new plans is too long to sit here and wait for our problems to be solved FOR us.

another idea

Re rolling was a practice we did in neverwinter nights for new champaigns IE new stories to be played using an existing setting or. Even a new one. Its a way for people who had been playing for years to have a main character that was new with specific bonuses levels or equipment. based on previous rp. Maybe for those of us who feel threatened or like theyd leave for a reset could set an srp to keep their interest going stuff to explore. everyone else could get a major credit rollover or. we could double trade gains for a week or month let us grind up for what we want.

Either way it cannot be ignored things are old. their cluttered. and i really doubt any one solution will fix it. People are the lifeblood here. People at different levels of being here.. new players and old is the variety that keeps them. We need to be more free with what were playing with here.

In any case thats just what i know some other places have done. theyve turned upside down thier system to make it esier for those who VOLUNTEER thier time.. to reconcile this mess to deal with. ultimately id rather they hang around and get the help they need and streamline stuff that just doesent work. If the faction system is still too complicated .. why would we need it? Why dont we just eliminate it all.. in favor for something we all can get behind and will attract new people?

just some ideas. thats all.
(01-01-2018, 10:15 PM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2018, 09:57 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]Why are they instead crying on the forum about how they got killed by noobs when they would have pwned 5 of them single-handedly if it wasnt for missiles?

Is it maybe because some of those so called bittervets could have used the broken stuff that obsoletes all the other toys but they might not really think that it is the right way to enjoy a game?

One side wants broken things, the other side wants not broken things and the side that wants broken things seem to assume they have the morally high ground here. You're ridiculous, Karlotta.

By all means, get yourself a good gathering and make the devs re-introduce the broken ships with hitboxes and missiles. I couldn't care less personally. But I'll say it if I think it is not good for my fun, and if the consensus then is that what you say makes more sense than what I suggest, they can stay.

On the other hand, at the very least, you are no different than those who complain about broken stuff because they can't get ez blues, because you're complaining the very same way for the return of the broken stuff because you can't kill 'so called vets' easily despite their 5 years training. The amount of hypocrisy is too damn high here.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Missiles (I wasnt talking about any ships or hitboxes, and not lobbying for the temporarily OP sidewinder) narrowed the gap between noobs and vets, in a game and community where the odds are already hugely stacked in favor of vets. The only reason you and your fellow "pvp should be balanced so I cant die" blue-collectors are lobbying against them is because you want to keep odds maximally stacked in your own favor.

It's not about killing vets "easily", its about not being able to kill them at all without missiles. I for one ran over 90k from Wesker's bounty hunter without dying a few weeks before he was banned, and the reason I was able to do that was because he didnt have any missiles. But keep beating up that strawman since you're so good at it, and the guys balancing PvP will pretend to believe in what you say too, out of the same reasons you're pretending.
(01-01-2018, 10:35 PM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]Shelco destroys me in pvp despite the amount of experience difference we have.

No, seriously, I really appreciate this. I don't destroy you in pvp, I think you are better than me, I just play more. What a nice compliment, though. ^-^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19