Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is there a full range of "reconditioned" Junker engines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where the wonderfully redone CSV (well, its new to me...) comes with a an "MS-H4 MK 1 refurbished fusion core", the CSF I bought has a Borderworld engine....not a major thing, especially when you'd well imagine Junkers bolting in anything they could get hold of...but still, I was wondering if there's a freighter version (and/or larger) of the "refurbished" kind? The CSV being such an odd little freighter it has a fighter engine...is there an MS-H5....or whatever? In messing about on various Junker characters....going for the miss-matched, cobbled together thing....I find myself sort of defaulting to using the likes of Edge world engines on civvi ships and whatnot (when I have the time , I'm going to haul all my Junkers through a shipyard and give them all a few randomly coloured "replacement" running lights etc....) I'd rather have mostly proper Junker engines, with just the odd craft with a "Pirate" replacement or whatever, though....I haven't come across anything bigger than that MK 1 however....
Not yet, but at the moment it is a work in progress as far as I know
Try CSF (Combat Service Freighter with 500 Cargo space) , or Junker Salvager (A junker transport with mountable Gunboat guns and 3k+ Cargo space)
As i'm not sure have you mentioned owning CSV or CSF, or both? Big Grin

I'd say these two following ships are good Junker ships
CSF is sold on Allentown in Pennsylvania for example and Salvager in Vieques Shipyard in Puerto Rico system.
Well, with regard to the Junker specific engine line (or present lack of one), there's so far only the MK 1 type then, that's a pity but I'll look forward to it being implemented fully at some point....its mostly an RP thing but its a nice touch, I feel.....in which regard, of course, there's all sort of scope for various replacement engines...I totally love the CSV, so Ill just keep that with its Junker engine...I'm not too crazy about the BW engine effect on the CSF, just personally....My character with one is presently down in New Berlin, checking out a business opportunity.....I may just RP that awful moment that occurs (sometimes, if you've ever had an old car) when you stroll out to it one morning and there's this awful flood of fluids underneath...from 15 feet away you know "That just CAN'T be good, man....)....there's Rheinland engines at Kreuzberg Depot, for example, where Traffic control speaks German ("Yunkers"? hahaha)....RP wise, I'll just be happy with any slightly odd combo of ship and engine for now, I guess....
I'm working on a whole clan of Junkers....so yeah, logically one of them should have a Salvager which seems to be the Scrappers dream ship ...
amusingly enough, just by the way...the whole "Clan" thing came about because I couldn't bear to part with my CSV....so instead of my character upgrading to a CSF....I made him a brother and hived off the money for the ship to him....and so it goes on....
Alright so....thanks very much for the input, guys...
(01-03-2018, 09:11 AM)Jake Logan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, with regard to the Junker specific engine line (or present lack of one), there's so far only the MK 1 type then, that's a pity but I'll look forward to it being implemented fully at some point....its mostly an RP thing but its a nice touch, I feel.....in which regard, of course, there's all sort of scope for various replacement engines...I totally love the CSV, so Ill just keep that with its Junker engine...I'm not too crazy about the BW engine effect on the CSF, just personally....My character with one is presently down in New Berlin, checking out a business opportunity.....I may just RP that awful moment that occurs (sometimes, if you've ever had an old car) when you stroll out to it one morning and there's this awful flood of fluids underneath...from 15 feet away you know "That just CAN'T be good, man....)....there's Rheinland engines at Kreuzberg Depot, for example, where Traffic control speaks German ("Yunkers"? hahaha)....RP wise, I'll just be happy with any slightly odd combo of ship and engine for now, I guess....
I'm working on a whole clan of Junkers....so yeah, logically one of them should have a Salvager which seems to be the Scrappers dream ship ...
amusingly enough, just by the way...the whole "Clan" thing came about because I couldn't bear to part with my CSV....so instead of my character upgrading to a CSF....I made him a brother and hived off the money for the ship to him....and so it goes on....
Alright so....thanks very much for the input, guys...

I am leader of the Junker's Congress, if you need help with anything Inrp or Oorp, please do not hesitate to ask Smile Also we are always recruiting.

My personal favorite engine is the Council engines on CSF I feel they fit the Junker bill to a T
Well, thank you very much, I'll certainly bear that in mind....I'm sure I'll run into you out there. Also, I'll check out those engines!