Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Ship -> ID lost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I just found out about your server yesterday, so, hi there. Wink

I bought a Sunrider on Erie and that seems to have lost me my starting items, including my ID?

However, for a new one, Erie only sells Liberty IDs?

What do I do now?

Thanks in advance.
Hello there.
When you buy a ship, your scanner and ID are by default transferred to the old ship to be sold. To prevent this next time, simply transfer it over in the ship dealer window when buying a new ship.
For now, you can buy a Freelancer ID and find a base which sells your old ID.
Hello, and welcome to Discovery!

When buying a new ship, the game will automatically attempt to sell your current ID and scanner to the ship dealer. You'll have to make sure to transfer the ID and scanner back to your hold and equip both before finalizing your purchase.

What sort of ID do you need to get back?

Edit: Dang, Ends is even faster than me! Ninja'd.
Thanks for the quick replies, I indeed did not transfer those back when buying the ship.

Now the game won't let me launch without an ID, if I'm not mistaken.
However, I don't think the planet sells and other IDs except for the Liberty ID?

I suppose I should try to buy back a Freelancer ID.
I believe that all bases should offer the Freelancer and Recruit ID. If you're looking for the right ID but you're not sure where to find it, I would suggest a Recruit ID; that'll allow you to roam around un-harassed by potential enemy players, since it's a temporary ID for non-RP time spent getting your ship set up.
Every base in entire game sells freelancer and recruit ID, except POBs (player owner bases). If you have sell ID to POB and now you are on one, only administrators of server can help you get one ID, or to "teleported" you to closest NPC base.
I might have just overlooked the IDs in the crowded store front then. ^^