Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yeah, as you saw it, my idea for a "better" discovery with such a "small" playerbase.

Since we are mostly all looking for interactions with other players (RP, mining, trading, pvp...) we all run into the same problem. Way to many systems, so the amount of playerinteractions (until you fly in Liberty xD) is kinda low.

So, I had the idea to remove alot of Systems with a certain inRP Background: Nomad Suncrusher came with alot of Nomads and managed to destroy alot of Systems.

[Image: 71y3L3X.png?1]

Yes I know epic paint skills.

Well, imagine this, all the houses are getting reduced to having 3-4 Systems. Now, we have the red circles, this would be the borderworlds, omicrons etc. where pirates and other factions (Zoner, Core, Order etc.) are having their home which are only reachable with jump holes. (Big fat black lines are Jump Gates)

The mining System in the middle would be the perfect spot, where People would fight about that field, so we can see who is actually trying their best to give their Corps a stable income (ooRP and inRP). The houses (Military, Police, Intelligent faction) would fight in that System, while pirates and all the other scum tries to get their Money from the poor Traders and miners.

Yes, this would increase the Player interactions alot, and People with their Military ships had actually a Job to stay in a System for several hours to protect their miners and Transport.

We could have shady alliances, some new alliances where People create treatys so they can get some ressources and Money.

Ofc we could also have multiply mining Systems to have varianty, and more playes for RP and pew's.

Smuggling would become a big part again, because People could smuggle between the houses when they are at war.

About the Prices: Everyone has the equal distance and sellpoint in his house or borderworld System.
This idea, or similar variations, has been posted time and time again.
(01-05-2018, 01:13 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]This idea, or similar variations, has been posted time and time again.

I know, and we still complain about the same stuff over and over again xD

I'm not sure, but as far as I know, we all love this game and want to have our fun here which mostly means interactions with other Players, no matter what Kind of interactions.

So maybe we should Change something to have the fun back?

Otherwise we are just circlejerking here while nothing get's changed.
This would be much easier and easier to revert or adapt too:

(09-18-2017, 02:32 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]1. About the argument of whether to add content or reduce it to increase interactions/density, consider this picture:

[Image: guwUR5H.png]

Both have the same systems (black dots), but the lanes (lines) on the left will spread players traveling between them evenly (making interactions less likely) and also require more jumps to get from one point to another (taking more time to travel). On the right, travel is shorter and also concentrates players towards points A and B, making interactions there more likely. (for example getting from point 1 to A to B takes 3 and 2 jump on the left, but only 2 and 1 on the right). The right side also makes it easier to guess where activity will be and where there will be little, and thereby where you will find activity without “shadowlogging”.
It will be easier if you create a hole in Uncharted 2 in each home system. Here to you and all interaction...
Well could be interesting... but also could be a pain, and the crying meh, rivers, oceans!
(01-05-2018, 01:24 PM)Felipe Wrote: [ -> ]Well could be interesting... but also could be a pain, and the crying meh, rivers, oceans!

Freelancer's interest was that the game had many systems and a completely live world. It will be correct if we just return to the original version, where all the systems are interesting for everyone. And then we'll move the entire mod. And to reduce the number of systems to such a minimum is a bad idea.
Any significant alterations to the vanilla structure of the map should never be considered. It wouldn't be a vanilla "expansion-pack" anymore.
(01-05-2018, 01:28 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]Any significant alterations to the vanilla structure of the map should never be considered. It wouldn't be a vanilla "expansion-pack" anymore.

Well, what would you do then to increase the amount of player interactions?
(01-05-2018, 01:33 PM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2018, 01:28 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]Any significant alterations to the vanilla structure of the map should never be considered. It wouldn't be a vanilla "expansion-pack" anymore.

Well, what would you do then to increase the amount of player interactions?

The idea makes sense, you just need to refine it. I do not mind, but changing the number of systems so much, reducing them by 80% is a bad idea. I can offer my own version, but I need the majority of the server to respond not in the style of "no, do not", but offered their ideas.
Pages: 1 2 3 4