Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, found the game the other night, started my pilot and managed to get killed today over by leeds, for some reason they do not like me there even though I have not even defended myself from anyone
Welcome fam, have fun and don't rage quit or anythin'.
Welcome!
Just fly again. Death is just a temporary problem. Wink
(01-08-2018, 05:53 AM)Kubla Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, found the game the other night, started my pilot and managed to get killed today over by leeds, for some reason they do not like me there even though I have not even defended myself from anyone

Maybe you have ben killed by NPC, they shoot without warning, while human players are obligated to anouce their intention to open fire, and they can only open fire on, to them, hostile ships. For example, if you use Bretonia restart and wonder your self in Leeds, thats Galia ocupied system , they are in war with Bretonia and they NPC will shoot you, while Galia human players will do some "you are my enemy" role play and then either kill you, or if you negotiate and talk some roleplay play with them, they can just chase you of their teritory.
To not to be killed, stick to friendly or neutral teritory.
If you do wonder in to it then equip your self with good armour, Shield, thruster to manouver better, Countermeasure to defend against missiles and cruise disruptors when you are in cruise flight and suplay of nanobits and Shields bateries, for emergency repairs.
Killed by NPCs r quite normal in disco mate,just respwan ! xD
Will to offer any help if u think u need~
I am pretty sure it was an NPC, there were no players on my scanner screen in the lower left, I did respawn but lost all my cargo and all my money, good thing I had upgraded to the big freighter that I could sell for 4.7 million and go back to the sunset I started with and some money to outfit it, not doing the big freighter again, started in liberty I think, Pennsylvania , freelance ID
Hello and welcome to Discovery! For some helpful information on getting started and what to do, give YouTube channel a look. Good stuff. Also, check out the link below for more helpful info.

Good luck, have fun and see you in space!
When you die, you only lose cargo and all UNMOUNTED equipment, you not lose any money (except if you have set auto buy all option, in that case you will auto buy maximum number of amunition and bits everytime you respawn, that can give ilusion you lost money if you really have little money) .
Pensilvania is good place to start safe and grind some money just either mine helium behind starting planet and sell in Erie, or buy neon on Erie and sell it on Manhatan planet in New York system, then buy Liberty ale there and transport it back to Erie for easy beginner trade rute.
Hello stick around
For surviving nasty NPCs we have here, you will need for your freighter:

- best freighter shield
- AU8 armor
- Counter Measures to escape their Cruise Disruptions (if they are trying to disrupt you)

And run on cruise. They can't catch you then.

In case other players intercept you, they will have to talk to you first. They must role-play. Read what they are telling you, relax and you will find your way out. Have some money on side, in case pirates catch you.

In case you try to run and not talk back to players, they will feel like shooting you down.