Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: About Rogue Bombers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im planning to buy a rogue ship for piracy/Rp...may i ask which one is better for solo missions?

I got 3 choices here:light bomber heyna,heavy bomber barghest. or just VHF/SHF with fighter torpedo/codenames loadout?

Barghest gets poor agility and heyna is kinda big form both sides...Is there a point i can blance agility and fire power?

Really needs suggestions here lol

Many thanks!
For pure piracy, Barghest is the best choice as the firepower is enough to coerce people to pay and if they refuse, can make short work of a transport. But this suggestion comes from person who enjoys proper piracy - leaving the area if cops who can do harm to my Waran show up.
(01-11-2018, 02:07 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]For pure piracy, Barghest is the best choice as the firepower is enough to coerce people to pay and if they refuse, can make short work of a transport. But this suggestion comes from person who enjoys proper piracy - leaving the area if cops who can do harm to my Waran show up.

Hyena will be better in maneuverability and size. It's harder to get into, I think. At least, this bomber was bringing problems to me. Smile

Barghest is good in firepower, but too big to get into it does not amount to.
The Hyena used to be a Light Fighter. Then the mad geniuses at the Nonsense Factory decided "Waaaait a second, what if we made this a bomber?"

And thus, a really bad ship suddenly became a fairly good one! I've never flown a Hyena myself, but I do prefer light bombers over heavier ones. Unfortunately, a light bomber is usually more of a solo bounty hunter vessel, rather than something you'd use for solo piracy.

If you're wanting to balance agility with firepower, the Werewolf isn't a bad choice, considering it's the fastest SHF, sports a Titan-grade power core and, rather than being able to mount bomber torpedoes, has a dedicated CD slot and can mount 6(!) codenames. Unfortunately, this comes at the cost at not really being able to make a considerable enough dent in Battle Transports, either because you can't pump out enough damage before they can dock, or because you're still a big target and you have to get in their gun range to deal damage.

A Barghest or Arrastra is really the best for solo piracy. In case of the former, I really would recommend a cloaking device. Otherwise, you're dead in 2-3 minutes once a fighter shows up; gods help you if it's a bomber, because the Barghest is an easy SNAC. If you go Arrastra, you'll take a slight power regen nerf, but you'll at least have fighter weapons to help against fighter craft. With the SHF however, you sacrifice that third CD slot. The Barghest needs a cloak, but the Arrastra needs a high Cap Armor. Though cloaks can be expensive, technically the Arrastra is going to run you even more in cost, due to being capable of mounting a Cap 6 or 7.

Honestly, I miss the days of gunboats being widely viable for solo piracy.

TL;DR - Barghest with a Cloak, or Arrastra with a Cap 6-7. The former has firepower and an extra CD slot, while the latter can reliably take on fighters.
From a personal experience I wouldn't use a bomber for doing missions , though I'd use them for solo-pirating.
Talking now about each bomber independently I'd recommend using the barghest, basically because you'll find firepower and fun in use. In the other hand, Hyena is a very good and agile bomber, but I'd use it for snacing vhf's -> takes skill to learn .

If you're new in pirating, even new in using rogues or bombers, try to get the hang on the barghest.Its fun and not that poorly agile.

Any other questions / suggestions ask Alcatraz Rogues /_\- Tagged ships inRP, or any LR- tagged ships.

Kudos for the interest in the rogues anyway!

-Uncle Willy
If you're determined to refill all the time, you can use any bomber as long as you mount hellfires. Hellfires are what defines and makes bombers good for piracy regardless of situation, but the downside is that you often run out of ammo.
(01-11-2018, 02:07 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]. But this suggestion comes from person who enjoys proper piracy - leaving the area if cops who can do harm to my Waran show up.
yup that is the best tartic! i'll retreat before any fighter shows up Big Grin

(01-11-2018, 02:27 PM)Mr.Mike. Wrote: [ -> ]Hyena will be better in maneuverability and size. It's harder to get into, I think. At least, this bomber was bringing problems to me.
Hyane has the highest agility,so it is kinda hard to hit with ur cruiser turrents Mike Big Grin

(01-11-2018, 02:34 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]A Barghest or Arrastra is really the best for solo piracy. In case of the former, I really would recommend a cloaking device. Otherwise, you're dead in 2-3 minutes once a fighter shows up; gods help you if it's a bomber, because the Barghest is an easy SNAC. If you go Arrastra, you'll take a slight power regen nerf, but you'll at least have fighter weapons to help against fighter craft. With the SHF however, you sacrifice that third CD slot. The Barghest needs a cloak, but the Arrastra needs a high Cap Armor. Though cloaks can be expensive, technically the Arrastra is going to run you even more in cost, due to being capable of mounting a Cap 6 or 7.

Honestly, I miss the days of gunboats being widely viable for solo piracy.

TL;DR - Barghest with a Cloak, or Arrastra with a Cap 6-7. The former has firepower and an extra CD slot, while the latter can reliably take on fighters.
Never thought Arrastra can be used in this way,i always regard it as a normal mining ship...thanks sand_spider for the ispiration u gave me and i'll try this loadout.

I remembered there was a gunship&bomber group hanging around in cali,they snac my bottlenose in pieces.There are still some gunboat pliots who do piracy these days but not as many as it used to be... i think i'll go gunboat-piracy soon. Smile

(01-11-2018, 02:49 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]From a personal experience I wouldn't use a bomber for doing missions , though I'd use them for solo-pirating.
Talking now about each bomber independently I'd recommend using the barghest, basically because you'll find firepower and fun in use. In the other hand, Hyena is a very good and agile bomber, but I'd use it for snacing vhf's -> takes skill to learn .

If you're new in pirating, even new in using rogues or bombers, try to get the hang on the barghest.Its fun and not that poorly agile.

Any other questions / suggestions ask Alcatraz Rogues /_\- Tagged ships inRP, or any LR- tagged ships.

Kudos for the interest in the rogues anyway!
After hours playing as trader and military member i find i can play more rp by piracy,but im really new in pirating.

i dont even want to pull the trigger when traders begin to flee >_> aww i'll overcome it and i have to...Rouge has good ships and i think i'll stick with it for a while.Smile

thanks for the tips uncle willy,and may i join Alcartaz once i get used to piracy? :3

(01-11-2018, 07:00 PM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]If you're determined to refill all the time, you can use any bomber as long as you mount hellfires. Hellfires are what defines and makes bombers good for piracy regardless of situation, but the downside is that you often run out of ammo.

Wow Antonio im a big fun of ur snacing skill,Luv ya. Heart

Never tried hellfire,i thought it was just another "useless missile/torpedo" thing,i dont even try it...

mhm i need try more weapons out i guess.Thanks for the tips.
If you want to pirate as a Rogue and want a medium Bomber, you can't go wrong with a Havoc. Lib Civilian techcell and Medium Bomber powercore.

You'll need someone to throw you the Rogue ID in Conn though.
(01-12-2018, 04:14 AM)Teresa Brooks Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to pirate as a Rogue and want a medium Bomber, you can't go wrong with a Havoc. Lib Civilian techcell and Medium Bomber powercore.

You'll need someone to throw you the Rogue ID in Conn though.

Thanks Brooks but i found it is impossible to trans IDs.I tried to give kruger id to a ship but failed
wait i was using the trade way...not drop it :o
ID slinging still works

It involves a faction restart stargazer, a FL ID being mounted, and being shot, in that case
Pages: 1 2