Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FL Models - (Again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I know I've been posting this before, I couldn't find the thread because I wanted to bump that. I saw and was aware before that there are some parallel undergoing FL restoration projects. Some really ambitious but I don't have any clue about some of them.

Some tons of years back I was part of a similar project known "Freelancer Continuum" which we wanted to create some sort alternative universe of Disco but more darker and whatsoever. The idea is that I have a lot of unused models without textures, because they were not pushed for usage anyway.

Showcase link

-There are modules of stations
-There are whole stations
-Custom Trade Lanes even
-A lot of stuff basically.

PS: No. I will not texture them because they are a lot of them and basically I already did the time consuming part of creating the models.

What I want to let people know is that I desire to give them to one of these projects. Modify them, use them, get inspired whatsoever. But I want them to be taken by the most promising project that has more signs of success and completion.

So just let me know, it would be a waste honestly... Hope you like them.
I synk they are pretty awesome. Can you put the Kusari base on p3d.in ?
(01-11-2018, 07:36 PM)Nerva Regis Wrote: [ -> ]I synk they are pretty awesome. Can you put the Kusari base on p3d.in ?

They are on the other PC but I'll see what I can do later, I'll post it in the thread here.
I can have use for pretty much all of them, it would be great!
(01-11-2018, 07:47 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]I can have use for pretty much all of them, it would be great!

Heard you work on something, but tell me more !
We should use this for Discovery, there's a lot of good stuff there. Improvement of the mod is always a good thing.
(01-11-2018, 08:39 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]We should use this for Discovery, there's a lot of good stuff there. Improvement of the mod is always a good thing.

I tried that. Since I still have them, think of how it went Big Grin
The reason it went nowhere is because you've got a veritable ass load of content here that you're unwilling to texture, hardpoint, or hitbox. Models are certainly nice, but you can't expect to dump that kind of a workload on anybody in the FL community because you don't feel like it. To say you did the "time consuming part of creating the models" is frankly an insult to people such as , , and myself who undertake the miserable task of doing the dirty work that nobody else wants to touch. The actual creative process is much easier because it is fun to do. The rest is the work, and to say it any other way is a blatant lie.

I actually enjoy texturing, but why should I be asked to texture somebody else's stuff?
Hardpointing? Hitboxing? Setting up ini entries for new base components? Nobody enjoys that stuff. There's no enjoyment to take from it, except for finally seeing the finished product in game. And that's a hell of a lot less enjoyable when it isn't even your work.

Overall, I strongly doubt you'll ever see these used unless you take the time to finish them yourself, or until a new engine comes out (along with a better system/tools for linking equipment and handling collision detection) to use them on.
(01-11-2018, 08:13 PM)Dave Synk Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2018, 07:47 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]I can have use for pretty much all of them, it would be great!

Here's a picture with no context or explanation
(01-11-2018, 11:39 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2018, 08:13 PM)Dave Synk Wrote: [ -> ]

Here's a picture with no context or explanation

Oh god.

You bought me. How can I contact you further ?

There other viable less content of good quality submitted and never even touched from the community. Why do you think I'd waste precious resources and time if I know they will never be used. And I've been here around and watched with full interest the submissions + that I know of other personal cases. I am feeling sorry that you feel insulted by my way of putting things but honestly that's it. When I worked them, I was part of a team, that had various jobs. My job was a 3D Modeller, or you are not aware of that? Usually people that work in a team on a certain project, have a variety of roles that contribute to the main product. What happened was unfortunate and I got myself with full 3D Models in great numbers that can be used. There are a lot of websites that have such things, and some of them are really intricate and expensive : Untextured, 3D Meshes.

What I see is that you have some personal issues with other people's work the way you put it. There are though folks that are willing to do what you are against apparently, and are not Devs. I am not in the position to comment further, you are part of the Development team and you are organized as you see fit. And do not generalize please, if your words and the other current devs of the Discovery Mod imply to a fixated opinion about it, it doesn't mean they won't be useful to someone. As you can see, I already got subscribers. Have a good one.
Pages: 1 2