Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber NPCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why aren't bomber NPCs used outside of server events? They could act as a formidable foe in missions or as a real danger on the trade lanes. I'm also curious as to why they only use SNACs during the rare instances where they appear.
Actually, Bomber NPCs would be a legitimate way to introduce fighter code farming into missions. SNACs and/or Nova torpedoes would deter people from simply massacring snubs with battleships, and you'd have to be really good at TS to take them on in a gunboat.
The thing is that npcs have infinite energy, meaning they can fire snacs until kingdom come. Bomber NPCs were there at the introduction of Gallia iirc and it didn't make the region inviting to enter, because you could exit a jump hole and be snaced by NPCs rapid firing their snacs.
;-; I forgot about jumping into Gallia and being insta-gib'd. Maybe Novas and Hellfires are more appropriate...
Can be circumvented by introducing NPC-only SNAC with very low refire rate, making it in line with what SNAC recovery looks on regular bomber.
My dual nova bomber is saying "Yes please, more big nasty NPCs to kill at low activity times."
(01-12-2018, 05:11 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Can be circumvented by introducing NPC-only SNAC with very low refire rate, making it in line with what SNAC recovery looks on regular bomber.

Actually, that's a brilliant idea. Once every 15-20 seconds?
(01-12-2018, 05:17 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2018, 05:11 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Can be circumvented by introducing NPC-only SNAC with very low refire rate, making it in line with what SNAC recovery looks on regular bomber.

Actually, that's a brilliant idea. Once every 15-20 seconds?

That's an excellent idea there. That way, the danger is real, but not Insta-kill status.
A bomber NPC does not differentiate from a rank 90 and a rank 13.
Do you mean in the sense that bomber NPCs don't come across as dangerous, like a capital ship NPCs do? Or is it that bomber npcs can spawn inside fighter-only missions, when part of the spawn table? Or did I completely miss something?
Pages: 1 2