Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Siege cruisers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(archer) Liberty cruiser
[Image: 254px-Li_cruiser_s.png]

Guns: 1/7
armor: 295,000
Power: 1,800,000
Angular turn speed: 22.92

(Kagutsuchi) Dragon cruiser
[Image: 254px-Kagutsuchi.png]
Guns: 1/7
armor: 250,000
Power: 1,400,000
Angular turn speed: 20.63

Both of these cruisers are agile and have devastating long range forward guns and pretty much the same kind of ships but one has much better stats than the other.
i always wondered why that is
Now compare the number of their guns with others and how you can shoot from the Siege gun, because it can only be fired at the Battleships or the Carriers (and provided that they do not react).

In short, the siege weapon in them is not always beneficial (in 2 cases out of 10). The number of guns is also balanced. By the way, these two cruisers have fewer guns than others, for which they received flexibility.

In the tank, they will die first, therefore, as a rule, it is better to keep distance.
(01-13-2018, 10:01 AM)Mr.Mike. Wrote: [ -> ]Now compare the number of their guns with others and how you can shoot from the Siege gun, because it can only be fired at the Battleships or the Carriers (and provided that they do not react).

In short, the siege weapon in them is not always beneficial (in 2 cases out of 10). The number of guns is also balanced. By the way, these two cruisers have fewer guns than others, for which they received flexibility.

In the tank, they will die first, therefore, as a rule, it is better to keep distance.

I don't believe this is what he was asking about.

He is talking about the fact that the BD cruiser has worse stats than the Archer.
(01-13-2018, 10:01 AM)Mr.Mike. Wrote: [ -> ]Now compare the number of their guns with others and how you can shoot from the Siege gun, because it can only be fired at the Battleships or the Carriers (and provided that they do not react).

You missed his point. He's comparing them with each other. Not with other ships in the game. Just those two with each other.
(01-13-2018, 10:04 AM)Bulldog. Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't believe this is what he was asking about.

He is talking about the fact that the BD cruiser has worse stats than the Archer.

Yes, that is the question
I am "guessing" from a RP perspective, the LN cruiser uses the best components available and serves a larger organisation (Liberty Navy).

Dragons as a whole struggle to keep up with maintenance and cannot really afford to have the best components.

This is just a speculation. It CAN be buffed provided there is really a need for it. Capital ships for dragons are rarely thrown into battle anyways.
In the spirit of helping making kusari great again BD| are taking a lot of capital fights out of RP and trying to promote more so you will be likely to see the ship used more often
Balance devs, especially me. I look at ship size and design before balancing the ship.
Dragon Cruiser is smaller and thin compared to Liberty Cruiser, so that means dragon cruiser falls to Light cruiser category
LSC compensates a bit for its blockiness. There was a time that the LSC was a low-tier ship. And it was ultimately turned into a great support ship.

The dragon cruiser on the other hand used to be much scarier, as its very excellent to dodge with the shape it has. The crosshair points at quite a thin section of the ship and that made it a very excellent cruiser in fights against both battleships and cruisers.

My guess is that the dragon cruiser lost a bit of its stats when devs were trying to elevate the KNF hatchet a bit.

But id say you best ask a balance dev or so.
https://imgur.com/a/3mwuC

The ships are actually quite comparable in terms of size, The Dragon Cruiser being slightly thinner on the top but having a slightly larger profile at the front (Cool axe thing) and the back (big ass engine)

I think the idea of the Dragon Cruiser being a light Cruiser makes sense but then it should be able to behave like one. The Archer being only a bit bigger on the top and bottom yet having more armour, better turn speed 400,000 more power core and 10% faster core regen does tip the scale aware from the Dragon Cruiser.

Would you consider increasing the Dragon Cruisers turn rate to be better than that of the Seige cruiser (only slightly as it is only slightly smaller) or bringing the turn speed and regen up to the same whilst accepting the 45,000 hull point difference as the cost of being that bit smaller?

Edit:
Or third idea scale it down so that the loss in those 3 areas are made up by the size being a noticeable difference.

Edit2: not ever been, nor claiming to be a balance dev. The above is just my interpretation of the stats from FLstat and ship size seen in game.
Pages: 1 2 3