Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Quick question re Bretonian Privateer ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that there is no direct restart command for it, etc. I have researched out how the correct IFF could be achieved and where the ID itself could be bought....I reckon that I could have a character up and running with minimal fuss.....My concern is that I seem to recall that this was once a special ID....or in any event, you needed to "apply" or obtain permission for it...(rather like a Nomad?)....you couldn't just set up a character and fly off, type of thing....perhaps I'm wrong but I've searched and this no longer seems to be the case....Is it ok to just go ahead and make such a character, as one would any other (a little more difficult with the running missions and dropping reps and whatnot, but otherwise.....)?
Privateer ID is not a "special" type of ID, so yes, you're free to use one and fly with it. Just make sure to read ID lines and follow them.

If you want to buy one, just use /restart brarmy which will give you a normal BAF restart. You will appear on Battleship Harlow in Manchester, where you can buy Privateer ID for 100,000 credits. Re-log your character to get full Privateer IFF and use /droprep if it's not flashing. Your Privateer char is ready to use!
Cool!....as an added bonus, I find the Bretonian Armed Forces uniform rather "dashing"....fits the part....(the Police one is OK, I dig the hat,,,..but it'd be a bit too formal maybe....in any case it'd be a "Coppers" hat.....can't really imagine a Bucaneer type wearing one, except as a joke...)....
Anyhow, that's great news about the ID....Thanks a lot for the info and input.

EDIT....weirdly...now both restart types seem to include the "Solar Toppee" Victorian type uniform hats...well,not to worry...must have been focusing on a hatless NPC when I tested it...ah well....its only a hat....
EDit2
a bit OCD....and I'm quite sure nobody cares....but it appears that /restart BrArmy gives "you" a red hat....wheras /restart brarmy leaves you hatless,case sensitive it seems....kinda weird....hopefully the various reps are identical....