Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings! Coming back sine 4.85..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Disco peaked at 4.85

Then many, many questionable decisions were made, some heavier than others.
Is the community really that tiny?
You know, I think an open letter to microsoft, to start selling Freelancer or lend the license free of charge to Disco team would do something about this.
The source code is lost.

When Digital Anvil was dissolved by Microsoft, the source code fell off the back shelf. If we had a means of going back in time to 2003 and pestering the dev team or just breaking into their computer system and making off with the source code, then we would have the source code.
Can't we keep this a thread welcoming back a returning player rather than listing off the reasons for Discovery's decline?

I remember both of those names as well. I led the ]NTF[ back in the day, I'm sure you remember us and our antics in Kansas. I also had an indie pirate boat, the Be.Good.At.It, which was pretty memorable to say the least.

Gallia is in a shooting war with both Bretonia and Liberty right now. Rheinland is pushing into the Omicrons against the Corsairs, as they're kinda desperate for both a win and more territory following the Munich disaster.

A lot more focus has been given to Discovery's smaller factions in recent years; it isn't just the Houses that matter anymore. Every NPC faction advances in the story one way or another for better or worse now, which I think is pretty damn cool.

A lot has changed, but feel free to shoot me a PM if you need help getting back into the swing of things!
Welcome back. Enjoy your new stay.

Plenty to discover tm. (hehehe)
About your fear that doping ore near base with your miner and pick it with your transport, thats not forbiden neither ingame RP rules or by server rules. As long you dont multiboxing, you are free to do that as much you like.
Wow, I remember you from 4.85, we even used to fly together. Heck, you maybe even remember me as E-Charos, the Outcast sabre.
Rings a bell Big Grin But my memory is really bad. It was years
Pages: 1 2