Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings! Coming back sine 4.85..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wasn't a part of the community on the forums, okay? So none of you know me, but I had decent times with Disco back then Big Grin

I was only about 15 yo, when I started this mod and immediately got banned for using a Zoner gunship... lel

Anyways, I figured out, thanks to someone who actually helped me, that I need to RP and eventually was RPying all the time, eventually getting into complex names, that led me to participate randomly in some events, such as an Outcast excursion into Corsair space and a massive battle full of battleship, one of which I was in. I think my name at the time was
either MNS - Skyrus, or [MNS] Skyrus. But probably without the [ as I think those were, or are, reserved for official members.

I gained massive ammount of credits, by mining as a Daumann (or Kruger, forgot which) mining ship, in the orange Omega system, that was often picked by Hessians as a pirating spot.
I've mined silver ore and sold it in Kusari - either with one of my friends I helped in Penny with the basics and IDs and all that stuff, or alone, by dropping a large clump of silver ore near the base my 5K Kusari Train was docked in. This was probably illegal, but please don't ban me? I really didn't have time to get things dones so slowly back then.

I also never joined forums, my only use was once, when I politely asked to get unbanned after the Zoner gunship incident, but my account was deleted since then.
After that, I learned most of if not all the rules, so I've actively helped new players in Pennsylvania, explained how to mine helium, where to sell it, what ships to get first (Camara on Pitt, or Dromedary idk where) and so on. Explained IFF, IDs, everything and I've never joined the forums.

Other things - I remember being quite decent in a gunboat, or a cruiser and sucking in everything else. Maneuvrable transports were also fine, as long as I had all Iron Hammers.
So middle-class ships were my thing. No battleships, altough my main was an outcast battleship.

My original account had the following characters, most of which I don't remember names;
MNS - Skyrus; an unofficial member of Outcast Guard, with Guard ID and a Ranseur, back when it was a big black ... battleship. And not the battleship which it is now. CAUVIII too.
Tokyo.Express, or something like that, which was my Kusari Train and I enjoyed driving that rout towards, I think it was Narita Shipyard from the Omega. Maybe it was Omega-3.
An additional mining character for Daumann/Kruger for mining silver.

Then I had a freelancer, or a Indie pirate freelancer gunboat (idk which), an Ahoudori, which I'd love to try again with Cau VIII. And I wrecked with that one. Transport, Liberty Gunships (Especially hated Liberty, for some reason, same with Rheinland). I performed as a Freelance Corsair, on friendly terms with Kusari and Bretonia, even though the two were in a war, which sometimes caused conflicts.
Anyways, my last one was a Marauder pilot, with as big CAU as I could get mounted. I did well in Connectitut fights in that one, but never outside. It was a pretty weak ship, but the design was SO awesome. It looked pancakey.

I am familiar with all the basics right now, well, those, that were actual during 4.85/86 You can tell me what's changed since then, storyline and gameplay wise, if you have the time Smile
I know bases are possible now, player bases, that is. But also, that they are quite hard to upkeep. Additionaly cloaking devices, jump drives for large ships.

Now, I've left the mod, because I've only actively played one game at a time as to not spend TOO much time behind the game (happened anyways) and went full Minecraft and never looked back. It was extremely popular back then. Anyways, when I've left the server was on 200 members all the time, which was AMAZING for a mod and I was in sheer awe as to what a modding team could accomplish.

Even then I've though you could pressure Microsoft into giving you the license for this series and turn it into an MMO, with some revenue coming towards Microsoft. I don't really know who owns the license, but I've always seen the dev team of this mod as some extremely capable people Smile So my compliments to you.

So, I'd love to start again, but I don't know the situation and I'd probably only get some three characters at max, two of which would be for making money. I hate routine, so I loved to change mining spots when I could as I started as a freelance miner. So I either went Dublin for gold, or Omega-3 for silver ore.
I've also had two friends in trains helped me plunder Iridium ore from Kansas, hehe. It had a better selling price, but wasn't worth it, unless I transported a large ammount of cargo. Also came with a risk of meeting Nomads (not fighting them, just RP, as they were probably new members from the Shrine) or Neofront members.

Any new tips for starting out now? I have an original freelancer, came with some kind of a PC magazine as a free game for buying it. I'll see If I can still use my online code thingy.

As for me, I love music - metal, rock, jazz, anything else, even disco, pop and DnB music. I sing, mainly metal, also play guitar, but can't do both at the same time. I lift, so don't even try to ask if I even lift, because I do, mofo Big Grin I also started working at my first job recently, i'm 20yo now. I've started this mod 6 years ago Smile

So, sorry for a long post, TL;DR; fek you if you didn't read the whole thing. It took time to type it.
Thanks for the help in advance Smile
Join Kruger|

They're an active group with cool guys.

(Also, Ragnars, good rep sheets, other goodies)

Otherwise PM me a char name and I can sling you some money if you be broke.
Are you the Rogue bomber I fought a few hours ago?

Welcome back again! The best you can do at the beginning is setting up a Freelancer ID'ed VHF and explore the universe as if the character was you. Get in touch with the community by joining active factions. The activity tracker might help you find one. Have a look at the tutorials section, there's a lot of stuff you should know. If you have any questions or just look for someone to fly with, feel free to contact my Skype (torusatoplayer).
Definitely not, i'm not installed yet, I'm only thinking of coming back.
But I WAS in Rogues. I had a Scylla and went around liberty murdering unpaying merchants and snoopy cops as well, if they wouldn't leave me alone :3
Hello, nice to meet you Smile
I actually remember both those names. Booped your trader a few times back in the day 8|
Welcome back and ask questions so that you get re-acclimatized faster.
Greetings, greetings! Welcome back into the universe of Discovery.
Could be actually Big Grin YOu're probably the best person to ask.
So, what's happened since reunion? Is the main server still so active? Who is in a conflict with whom? I only need it simply put. I've read the Nomad Gate Wilde built collapsed and small details like that.
Also Gallia is now in Liberty.
Welcome back.
Oh, by the way, why is the server smaller now? Sad
The mod got huge and the playerbase smaller? Was there a change nobody liked or is it because Freelancer never got sold on Steam or anything similar? Sad
Makes me sad.
Pages: 1 2