Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
i agree Karlotta, but .. since it is the only colony ship in game .. so should be open to others factions?! like somehow the bustard is, since is a liner and civilian?! or a corvo? even houses are expanding ... they could need a colony ship! like i said .. i don't care if the neph gets his bs turets remove and gets cruisers turrets for self defence ... the corvo was nerf because it is a exploration vessel and not a cruiser so ... do the same!! i vote yes!

about new battleship, i think the aquillon is enough! just make it a light battleship and not a supposed carrier!
Karlotta Wrote:I would never say that Zoners should disarm completely. People shouldn't be forced to RP them in one constraining way, since they are explicitly said to be diverse and loosely affiliated. I would be ok with it if Zoners got another Battleship as replacement. My beef is with the fact that:

I would agree on that. Zoners, due to the nomad situation in the Omicrons, not just in Delta but possibly in Theta, on occasion - Would require a Battleship. However, I still say a Colony ship should still have some kind of High-end loadout. if not a BS, then a extensive Battlecruiser/Destroyer loadout.

Karlotta Wrote:2. Because of the Battleship Status, potential RP of the Colony Ship as Colony ship is reduced because people see it as a Battleship threat instead of a mobile colony with unique RP potential.
I do have to agree. I personally like seeing the Neph as a Colony ship, Mobile Freeport or even a research installation on the move. It's why I chose the Aquilon rather than the Neph as my largest capital. I do love capitals, and I love the Neph as is, but I think the Neph should either be stepped up to a extremely high price Dread (with the same loadout) and a actual BS replacement be made, or the same thing, but with the Neph being downgraded to Battlecruiser/Destroyer loadout with the same turret count.
(02-01-2018, 01:04 AM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]I would agree on that. Zoners, due to the nomad situation in the Omicrons, not just in Delta but possibly in Theta, on occasion - Would require a Battleship. However, I still say a Colony ship should still have some kind of High-end loadout. if not a BS, then a extensive Battlecruiser/Destroyer loadout.

I feel the level of danger in Omicron Delta is a bit exaggerated, given Core pretty much dominates the system and it's mostly stable aside from Nomad incursions and a very minor Order presence. But hell, I would actually love to see a unique set of turrets for Zoners (only?) that encompass their values. Or some kind of gun that is less about offence and more about defence.
What ever the weapon are, they should be weapons that don't get mobile colonies exiled on the basis of being "war ships". I also think that the simplest solutions are the best solutions, especially sine at this point in mod history complex solutions probably will never get implemented. Therefore: transport turrets and buffed hull.
I think the fear of them being warships stems from the offensive capability of their guns. If they were things like pulse cannons to sap energy and missiles to destroy hardpoints, they might be viewed more favourably. I'm a staunch advocate for a change, but even I think transport turrets is a bit extreme. They should have gunboat turrets at least, I'd also warm up to the thought of Cruiser turrets.
22 cruiser pulses of neutrality, draining all the core from the enemies in self-defense while not harming them. Win-win.
New rule suggestion: 50% or more of your Energy and/or Shields gets drained, it is considered an attack.

EMPs still exist in a Freelancer-type universe.

Actually, they are the most annoying.

EMP battleship? No thanks.
Why not load out the Neph with Stand off weaponry. Say like MRLS turrets or something along the line of a Falinks System a high rate of fire Gatlin and flak turrets that have a greater range. that keeps bomber at bay and give it the ability to effectively counter the Torp spam bombers and keeps the lesser Caps at bay. If with stand off weapons you want to take on a actual BS then have at it sunny jim. Keep the Cone of fire with in 1.5 to 2.0k with a slight plus up tweak in the base armor. These stand offs have to have the abilty to shred the Shields and hual like they are butter on smaller vessels . Much in the same was the Chain Gun on a VHF. Hell for that matter there you have, a upgraded Chain gun I could live with 22 Plused up Chain Guns. The ammo needs to be in the millions and not a rate that breaks the bank or just make them a forever full gun.
I must confess to my shame that I have no idea how all these capship weapon gizmos work. But if EMP guns do drain power from other cap ships to zero, and flaks protect effectively against incoming torpedos, I wouldnt see too much harm in them. As long as house navies and polices see it the same way. Also the question is also how to make those weapons mountable only, without too much dev work.
Shield damage based weapons can also replenish the targets powercore. It requires a few things to be happening, like the target needing to have no shield and be in EK, but do keep that in mind. It can be used when coming out of cloak and the first shots are pulses, makes killing cruisers with battleships even easier..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15