Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
why?

ech

WHY?!

why do you keep goin with this thread?!

(02-22-2018, 09:06 AM)t0l Wrote: [ -> ]killing zoner battleships in house space gives me a hardon tho

I have the very same feelings on this matter.
(02-22-2018, 09:08 AM)OmicronAir Wrote: [ -> ]Why won't this utterly ridiculous argument end?

The argument will end when the ridiculous state that the Neph has been in for years is changed.

And for those who missed it...

I also asked for the Neph's capitol ship status to be changed to non-capitol ship by giving it transport turrets.
Even if Nephs would be allowed to dock in house space by rules, they would be still expelled by house laws for obvious reasons. Houses and their law enforcement do not like idea of big ships with the most destructive class of weapons freely roaming their space with unknown people at helm. That may change only if they would have transport turrets only (though there will be still inRP reasons to not allow them to enter even in such case, but that´s another topic).
(02-22-2018, 10:31 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Even if Nephs would be allowed to dock in house space by rules, they would be still expelled by house laws for obvious reasons. Houses and their law enforcement do not like idea of big ships with the most destructive class of weapons freely roaming their space with unknown people at helm. That may change only if they would have transport turrets only (though there will be still inRP reasons to not allow them to enter even in such case, but that´s another topic).

What reasons?
Well, for example Bustard has only transport turrets too, yet it´s still regulated in some houses (Rheinland, Kusari) because it´s massive capital sized ship with docking capabilities for a snub swarm so it can serve as possible secret carrier for an ambush (scenario when Bustard with neutral identification is boarded or purchased by some middleman and then given to unlawfuls, and then used to approach police/corporate station in a house space to launch a massive attack on it). Though Neph would have better position than Bustard because lore states it is rare ship and Zoners control strictly who has them so there might be argument that any stolen Neph would be immediately reported to authorities and thus risk of mentioned scenario is significantly lower.
Ive personally been trying to push to have Nephs be a restricted buy rather the change the ship itself, The ship i think is fine as is for the most part maybe remove battleship grade weapons and downgrade to cruiser so that its more defense focused. #
But the issue i think is just how readily available it is and the fact that it has the flexibility granted by the Zoner ID. if you get a lolcap your still for the most part restricted by the Zoi and RP of Liberty ships, where as the neph can technically go where it likes and be what it likes.
"Oh my neph is a research vessel"
"My Neph is supplying relief supplies".
"My neph is defending no fire zones".

its to easy to get one and as such its purpose is ruined. It should be a ship we see every so often and when we do see it it should be surrounded by RP not "i shoost bad guys with it" Like if you want a Zoner Cap for battle you get a fearless or an Aquilion because thats their purposes.

I Personally think the ship needs to be a restricted buy, either via SRP or via Official Faction approval. That would solve the Plague of Nephs we have, i dont use one purely because everyone and their son has one.
(02-22-2018, 04:57 AM)darkxy Wrote: [ -> ]debates like these killed the server. for seven years i couldnt log for half n hour at ANY time of the day. ANY!

kudos to doc and wiz, good to see u two guys. respect

(02-22-2018, 09:08 AM)OmicronAir Wrote: [ -> ]Why won't this utterly ridiculous argument end?

Then stop bumping it lmao.

I'm doing a little project to create a special type of transport turrets that'd be fitting for defence. I'll post it on the forums at some point.
(02-22-2018, 10:47 AM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, for example Bustard has only transport turrets too, yet it´s still regulated in some houses (Rheinland, Kusari) because it´s massive capital sized ship with docking capabilities for a snub swarm so it can serve as possible secret carrier for an ambush (scenario when Bustard with neutral identification is boarded or purchased by some middleman and then given to unlawfuls, and then used to approach police/corporate station in a house space to launch a massive attack on it). Though Neph would have better position than Bustard because lore states it is rare ship and Zoners control strictly who has them so there might be argument that any stolen Neph would be immediately reported to authorities and thus risk of mentioned scenario is significantly lower.
>Transport Turrets
No. The Bustard has Cruiser and Light Battleship armament - More precisely (if I recall right) - 6 Heavy Cruiser turrets and 1 Light BS turret.
I am afraid it is impossible to fix Zoners.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15