Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(01-16-2018, 03:48 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid it will rather increase the number of Nephilims in Disco. And I'd rather not see anymore Nephilims. As indies don't even use it for the roleplay purpose it was initially created for, just to farm Nomad remains or sit outside a Freeport to enforce NFZ or something.
+1
this is exactly what they do
(01-16-2018, 04:14 PM)Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 03:48 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid it will rather increase the number of Nephilims in Disco. And I'd rather not see anymore Nephilims. As indies don't even use it for the roleplay purpose it was initially created for, just to farm Nomad remains or sit outside a Freeport to enforce NFZ or something.
+1
this is exactly what they do

And they do it because their Mobile Colony is equipped like a Battleship.

So wouldnt the logical thing be to remove the offensive weaponry?
(01-16-2018, 04:11 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]And would you be in favor of it?

Definitely. Many others are too. It's just that any constructive balance/RP suggestions for Zoner caps have been in limbo for years and never get implemented.
And why does it never get implemented?

Who opposes it?
Such questions make up life's great mysteries.
(01-16-2018, 03:55 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 03:54 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2018, 03:32 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]... should be permitted to dock Nephilim Mobile Colonies in House space.

They're crap at fighting anyway, cant attack anyway, will increase RP diversity, and will show new people an awesome sides of the mod intermingled with RP early on.

I'm quite convinced that's not how it gonna end up, so...

No.

Would you be in favor of removing the battleship weapons off of a Mobile Colony then?

Yes.

(01-16-2018, 04:19 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]And why does it never get implemented?

Who opposes it?

Zoners?

In case you've got some free time and interest you can browse the forums to find that time when it was proposed to turn Zoner caps into liners. Afaik Jinx even made them new models.
I don't think that allowing a Neph to dock at House Planets might be a good thing. However, allowing them to pass through the House Space or even docking at shipyards in purpose to restock, as they are still the Colony Ships, might be reasonable. Still, Nephilim is not a ship for such things, neither is Aquilon.

The Colony Ship is supposed to be autonamous and as an owner of one, I personally don't see any issue of Battleship Weaponry being equiped on a ship like this. It should be able to defend itself in open space and the best way to do so is to have battleship weaponry. There could be a solution, such as special Colony Ship Weaponry - a hybrid of Secondary and Primary turrets, which could make Nephs less of a battleships and more of a Colony Ships - but I don't think it can work out in our situation, as it will affect all existing caps. Naturally, all other capital ships would require such upgrades (in this case - carriers).
No they shouldn't.
I know because I was the one who proposed it in those threads.

I suspect that may be the exact reason why it wasn't implemented. Like a lot of other stuff too, even still currently.

Maybe the devs who know the reason could say something about that.
We all know how much good comes from Nephilims in house space.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15