Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(01-31-2018, 01:53 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
If you want to hunt Nomad NPCs, chose an appropriate vessel, an actual warship, and an appropriate faction, Order, Core, Corsairs, or in the more extreme cases, house intel factions. If you want to fly Nephilims as a Zoner, use them appropriately and responsibly.

Nephilims are Colony ships with inRP hundreds of civilians on board the vessel. They have battleship-grade arms and armor to defend them, not to hunt the most dangerous aliens out there for their skin, and endanger those civilians on board in the meanwhile.

Don't farm Nomads in Nephilims. It's stupid and ooRP. Period.

Pretty much this, although I'd disagree on them needing battleship weaponry.

Here's a thought:

What if we introduced a new type of turret exclusively for ships like the Neph and the Bustard? Perhaps something focusing exclusively on defence (missiles to destroy equipment, pulses etc).
(01-31-2018, 01:57 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]What if we introduced a new type of turret exclusively for ships like the Neph and the Bustard?

Would these make the Bustard actually good?

Quote:Don't farm Nomads in Nephilims. It's stupid and ooRP. Period.

Yes it's OoRP, but it's fun, and it's something to do. Maybe people don't want to play as Core/Order... In that case no activity was lost, maybe people just like the looks of the Neph and just want a reason to use it? Honestly... I don't see the issue with people doing NPC missions, almost all of my experience on the sever has pretty much told me this "NPC's don't matter, kill at your leisure because they'll just keep being annoying and the Players of that faction won't mind."
Can anyone please share me a Nephilim and allow me to modify its armament?

You don't need to know what my plan is, but I will tell you right away: it is evil.
(01-31-2018, 02:11 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone please share me a Nephilim and allow me to modify its armament?

You don't need to know what my plan is, but I will tell you right away: it is evil.

Are you going to attempt die Gonk, auslander?
I'm attempting to gank everyone in conn, alone. I doubt it's as bad of a ship as most say, and I want to put that to the test.
(01-31-2018, 01:57 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty much this, although I'd disagree on them needing battleship weaponry.

If you do, you aren't disagreeing with me. I only explained that what they have is for defense, not offense, without commenting on the necessity of arms to this degree.
(01-31-2018, 02:48 AM)Arioch Wrote: [ -> ]tl;dr - don't change the ship. Change how players use them to fit the intent.

And here's the sentence that's at the root of 80% of discovery's problems again.

You tell people to try and magically change the (typical human) behavior of all the players doing something, and to keep trying that for every new player for the years to come. But you don't want to change the one game aspect that is causing.

The reason this keeps happening is because this is what the devs made a colony ship:

The best ship to do something that a colony ship isn't supposed to do. It's better at farming nomad BS remains than an Osiris because nomad BSs spawn at a range that makes it impossible to dodge their shots in anything larger than everything too weak to kill them alone.

The reason players use the Nephs to farm nomad Battleship remains and enforce NFZs around Freeports is because it's the best ship to do that. It's not because they're stupid, it's not because they're evil, it's not because they think colony ships should be sent into battle. And even if those players were that stupid and evil, there's nothing you can do to change that, and there's nothing you can do to keep similar players from coming.

What you CAN easily do, however, is turn a few battleship turret mounts into transport turret mounts and maybe buff their hull to compensate.

That will keep people from sending colony ships into battle.

That will keep it possible for Zoner players to RP as colony ship.

That will make if possible for the mobile colony to enter house space for RP purposes.

That will make the Neph a rare ship.

And IF Zoners really absolutely need a Battleship, turn their Carrier into a BS, or let them use their trade partner's BS, or make the special zoners who need a BS but think other zoners shouldnt use them write SRPs to get other faction's BSs, or make a new Zoner BS that isn't a colony ship at the same time.
Simply remove heavies and prims + replace them )and possibly add more) battleship light turret slots. Perhaps also boost its powercore to male those light turrets more appealing.
(01-31-2018, 09:21 AM)Neraxon Wrote: [ -> ]I mean it just takes time to go in a neph through a asteroid field, but I think the best way to use a neph is to use it as Mobile Colony Ship, stationary orbiting a planet making life possible on it , terraformorming , w.

I think the time it take to fly through a Asteroid field is up to that pilot and I have flown through many a field and it does take time. But is a challenge I gladly accept. If you think someone that has a Neph have no idea the difficulty of flying them. it is a challenge and I feel I have become a fairly good Neph captain. Does the Corvo have a Carrier deck? Last I checked it does not have a flight deck. That deck is used in our RP. To say it is over played. Maybe. But remember what the info card states

"Zoners have customized these vessels to fill multiple roles depending on the needs of crew, from heavy cargo transportation and logistics management"

So some people go one step further and do research.

Now the issue of just setting out side a planet in a stationary orbit.. yeah rrrrright. You just go ahead and play that role and tell me how that works out for you. They have not made the docking bays useful yet that I know of and who is going to pretend they are docking pffft.

Terraforming that would be great. But I have not seen any planet in this server that was terraformed. I would be all in favor of that. If it can actually have a end goal of the planet that the faction owns. I honestly do not think the Dev's would go along with it seeing if you want something dockable, they will just tell you to build a core 5 station.
(01-31-2018, 05:22 PM)MotokoSusu Wrote: [ -> ]Terraforming that would be great. But I have not seen any planet in this server that was terraformed. I would be all in favor of that. If it can actually have a end goal of the planet that the faction owns. I honestly do not think the Dev's would go along with it seeing if you want something dockable, they will just tell you to build a core 5 station.

Nauru was technically in a way although that's more like atmospheric manipulation and colonisation rather than outright terraforming(?).

But you speak of terraforming as if it's a process that can take seconds. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I don't think Cali Minor is due to be finished for another five years at least.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15