Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(01-31-2018, 10:57 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like for Order to not be brought up in this senseless debate. For us, in what form Juggernaught will be and in what capacity it is used (whether in tandem or opposition to its intended use is of no importance) has no connection as to how high or low the Order activity will be despite "allmighty Delta miracle man" Lythrilux would like to lead you to believe.

If you were a bit more connected to the state of the Omicrons, how things work, and this thread as a whole, you might realise I'm entirely on your side and trying to argue for a case that can only benefit Order.

(01-31-2018, 10:57 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]If it ain't Zoners, it will be LNS in Iota or way, far degeneratively worse

Which is why we crack down on all areas of idiocy to ensure the Omicrons are as clean as possible of silliness. This discussion is the first step forward. Other suggestions have been made for everything else thereafter.
(01-31-2018, 11:09 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Which is why we crack down on all areas of idiocy to ensure the Omicrons are as clean as possible of silliness.

You know people like being silly... Not everything needs to be a 24/7 drama theater.

And again, if people wanted to play as Order, they would. If they wanted to play as Core, they would. But InRP both factions are acting the ass right now and some people just don't want to play as the antagonists. So they play Zoner... Take the Neph's Battleship status away and all you do make them leave.
This isn't the way to go.
(01-31-2018, 11:14 PM)Jadon King Wrote: [ -> ]some people just don't want to play as the antagonists. So they play Zoner... Take the Neph's Battleship status away and all you do make them leave.

(In regards to farming) these people don't care about roleplay. It's irrelevant to them what the alignment of those factions are (NPC wise at least anyway Order RP isn't the same as the Official Player Faction). It's why they've picked up a Neph for the complete wrong purpose in the first place. Their priorities are as follows: firstly get remains for their obscure POB in order to build super cool POB equipment, and then do the roleplay much, much later. So much later that it turns from an afterthought into a forgotten thought entirely.
Do not mistake me ever as part of your own side, as what you intend to do with Omicrons and Discovery at large has no convergence with my own views or interests. You do not fix stupidity by cutting a hydra's head. There will be dozens up more and the other one will just regrow elsewhere. What you call "cleaning Omicrons" for me is just another case of your ego attempting to ruin Omicrons and by extension also Discovery for everyone, everywhere. The problem has its roots in how the game itself was designed, how Discovery itself was designed and operates, mentality of the people playing and dozens of other factors. If removing Zoners in their current form and shape was as simple as that, even the laziest of dev teams would had since implemented that.

I also disagree that Order are antagonist in any way. They have shades of grey and are neither fully black or white, and are controversial ever since Digital Anvil conveyed their first outlines for the plot. That's what makes faction good. This "antagonist-protagonist" type of simple thought is why Gallia had failed in the first place. They were meant to compete with Nomads on the evil'o'scale without a single relatable human motivation beyond playing cliche of "For me, it was just Thursday" Gallic king.

What happens with Zoner caps should be matter of consensus between Zoner playerbase and the devs.
(01-31-2018, 11:30 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Do not mistake me ever as part of your own side, as what you intend to do with Omicrons and Discovery at large has no convergence with my own views or interests. You do not fix stupidity by cutting a hydra's head. There will be dozens up more and the other one will just regrow elsewhere. What you call "cleaning Omicrons" for me is just another case of your ego attempting to ruin Omicrons and by extension also Discovery for everyone, everywhere. The problem has its roots in how the game itself was designed, how Discovery itself was designed and operates, mentality of the people playing and dozens of other factors. If removing Zoners in their current form and shape was as simple as that, even the laziest of dev teams would had since implemented that.

I also disagree that Order are antagonist in any way. They have shades of grey and are neither fully black or white, and are controversial ever since Digital Anvil conveyed their first outlines for the plot. That's what makes faction good. This "antagonist-protagonist" type of simple thought is why Gallia had failed in the first place. They were meant to compete with Nomads on the evil'o'scale without a single relatable human motivation beyond playing cliche of "For me, it was just Thursday" Gallic king.

What happens with Zoner caps should be matter of consensus between Zoner playerbase and the devs.

Two paragraphs of attacking lyth and one line at the subject. Good job.
(01-31-2018, 11:14 PM)Jadon King Wrote: [ -> ]You know people like being silly... Not everything needs to be a 24/7 drama theater.

Being silly has its own consequences just like any other choice and action, and the problem is with people who want to be silly and do silly things without having to face the consequences. People like that are the main sources of drama. The sooner the entire community understands that, the happier we all will become, but that's just an utopia for now...
(01-31-2018, 11:30 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Do not mistake me ever as part of your own side, as what you intend to do with Omicrons and Discovery at large has no convergence with my own views or interests. You do not fix stupidity by cutting a hydra's head. There will be dozens up more and the other one will just regrow elsewhere. What you call "cleaning Omicrons" for me is just another case of your ego attempting to ruin Omicrons and by extension also Discovery for everyone, everywhere. The problem has its roots in how the game itself was designed, how Discovery itself was designed and operates, mentality of the people playing and dozens of other factors. If removing Zoners in their current form and shape was as simple as that, even the laziest of dev teams would had since implemented that.

Your influence on the region has been a consistently troublesome blight for years ever since you knocked yourself out of your own spotlight. The reason why Order are, unfortunately, seen as antagonists is that your constant bumbling and mishandling of your own faction has rendered Order the equivalent of the village idiot in the Edge Worlds - but instead of doing silly harmless things, you threaten people you're supposed to protect with bombs. At first, it was funny to watch you torpedo yourself, but now it's getting a little sad. The irony is that your lack of participation and general positive contribution to the region and your own faction has rendered Core having to take up your role for you. I've yet to see you spurn Order indies into logging, more so that we do, for quite a long time.

You can have the right to criticise my success once you finally do something to the Omicrons. When The Core, in tandem with the Corsairs, Outcasts and everyone else brought the Omicrons up from dust, where were you? You were whining about PvP, and like an angry child you got up in a huff and removed yourself from the play area because you couldn't play nice with the others.

In your utter arrogance and ignorance, you refuse to see that I am actually trying to help your faction by suggesting a way to stimulate your indie base. But alas, your pettiness and narrow-mindedness is exactly why we are at odds in the first place. When can I expect a new Order| 1ic so that things can finally stop moving backwards?

Moving on from this quick interlude of faction feedback, let's return back to the topic at hand instead of you coming here just to take potshots at me.
Lovely, this is turning into another Order VS Core thread, did someone ring the Lock bell?
Edit: Whats Ironic is literally no one here beyond Lyth and Golly care about their feud in the least but its still funny how they drag it onto the forums
The name of the thread is Zoners, not Order v Core. I know that much to my chagrin, I started this whole mess, but I meant the statement as a neutral, showing that both sides, past and present, have caused us to abandon our usual "violence is a last resort" beliefs. Can we please, end this discussion civilly?
Zoners are enforcing neutrality even on the forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15