Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Multi-Boxing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am sure that I know the answer to this but after reading a few posts on this I am confused, My query is:

Is multi-boxing allowed in any circumstance?

I have a miner and would wish to move my ore to my transport. To this I would need to multibox for a few minutes but I believe this is forbidden. I understand the problems of bandwidth and know that multiboxing could encroach on this.

Thanks for the assistance.
5.5 Connecting to the server with more than one character at a time (Multiboxing). Players who share a network connection and play together must not engage in trading/mining while doing so.

the point of mining is to have more than 1 person doing it
It is as I thought as I saw the rules but was confused by the interpretation of the rules by others. Very clear to me, thanks.
Thanks Corile. To a point I would agree with you but I enjoy mining and do not have the a suitable time each day to commit with another player or faction.
(01-17-2018, 08:30 PM)Bellepheron Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Corile. To a point I would agree with you but I enjoy mining and do not have the a suitable time each day to commit with another player or faction.

Mining factions offer pretty casual playstyle and don't ask much of a time in return, so I'm sure they would offer you exactly what you need. The most active ones are Kruger and IMG. Check them out! Playing alone gets boring pretty fast...
You can fill your own transport with your own miner tough, there is a trick to do it, but it is only worth to do it with big miner ships, like Hegemon, Kamome or Salvager.
You first park both miner and transport in same base near mining place, then mine ore, Go back to base, drop ore no closer than 400 meters from base, dock, F1 and change ship to transport, dock-off. If you are fast enough, ore will still be there for you to pick it with tractor beam.
Practice with worthless cargo, like water to not loose money. Watch for NPC, they will steal your ore, so wait for NPC to move at least 1500 meters from you before you drop ore.
Do that twice with big miner and even your 5000 transport is full, while with Freighter you need to do it 10 times, much more with Light miner.
IMG and Kruger both have multiple mining player-owned bases, and if you join one of their factions you can easily mine alone if you have to and run into plenty of good people when they're around so you don't have to play alone.

If you're determined not to join a faction, most of the ore fields still have an accessible player owned base, or one that you just need to do some simple forum RP to get access to. That way you can mine alone when you need to, but you'll be in a perfect spot to start group mining if random people log on. I'm thinking of Xuanming trade center in Nagano for Platinum Ore (one post forum RP for access), and there are a few around Dublin (Eldorado?), Munich, and Ile-de-France, too.
Thanks Karita Your advice taken and I apprieciate your help. I awite a response to my post