Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Improving Azurite Gas and Nomad Remains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think the current implementation of both these commodities can be massively improved. As it stands, Azurite is a fairly unattractive ore that receives little attention and Nomad Remains are plagued with ooRP issues such as OC Dreads shooting Nomad NPCs in Major and Order battleships selling remains to third parties.

I propose the following...

Azurite Improvements:
  • Replace the requirement of Nomad Remains in POB equipment with Azurite Gas, as was intended from the inception of Azurite.
  • Move the Azurite reactor/field into Omicron Iota. This will encourage Core/Order players to leave the confines of Omicron Delta and venture into deeper, more dangerous Nomad space in order to extract the ore and reap its benefits. This will create a good trap for Nomad/Wild players to log on and intercept.
  • Improve the Azurite 'field' so that it's not a hassle to access or mine. I think the reactor model itself should be scrapped, or at least greatly enlarged to allow more players in a potentially larger field. It looks damn cool but it's a bit too cramped imo. I also feel that the defenses inside the field seriously hinder its appeal and make mining too frustrating.

Nomad Remains Improvements:
  • Turn Nomad Remains into a very lucrative mission commodity that sells exclusively on Core, Order and Intelligence faction bases. So several millions per remain, for example.

And as a small idea I've always thought could be interesting: perhaps even give mining bonuses to Nomad and Wild IDs, and give them a good sell point for Azurite in Iota? It'd give those respective IDs more to do, and show that there's more to their RP/lore than just mindlessly shooting things (they collect resources).

Azurite becomes a worthwhile ore that contributes more positively to activity because there will be greater, and potentially more lucrative reasons, to mine it. It also turns Iota into a good hotspot for activity.

Nomad Remains are no longer shrouded in silliness because their only purpose is to be sold to NPC bases that only the IDs that should be farming them have access to. It also creates a decent money making opportunity, as well as lots of activity (when Invicta was around, it bought remains from Core indies for good prices: this lead to a surge of Core indies taking missions in Delta, farming and creating activity).
Mining needs to be changed "from the ground". Small fixes to single ores will not change a thing as far as the main problem is concerened: too many things to do in too many places, which results in "nothing happening anywhere".

I am still hoping for the comprehensive mining update that I heard rumors about quite a while ago.
+1 and...,
+1.
Azurite Gas is only available from a field that is actively trying to kill (via consistent turret fire) any miners.

It needs to sell for more, for sure.
I've reworked the OP with additional suggestions.
According to Alley, any alterations to the PoB plug-in for new resources/content are a pain in the ass to do, which is why any alterations to the PoB plug-in in general have been met with a smile.
(01-18-2018, 11:09 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]According to Alley, any alterations to the PoB plug-in for new resources/content are a pain in the ass to do, which is why any alterations to the PoB plug-in in general have been met with a smile.

I suppose that could be why it wasn't done initially. Still, as they say, no pain no gain.

(I'm probably greatly oversimplifying things)
As the guy who mines Azurite every once in a while I say it's too easy peasy. Moving it to Iota would be the right move.
Then again, for peeps to actualy make the effort, it would need to promise better profit (for now, selling in Rho for some 6k/piece, 1 jump away is... actually not bad money, but boring as hell. I see why it's rarely visited.
(01-18-2018, 04:28 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]And as a small idea I've always thought could be interesting: perhaps even give mining bonuses to Nomad and Wild IDs, and give them a good sell point for Azurite in Iota? It'd give those respective IDs more to do, and show that there's more to their RP/lore than just mindlessly shooting things (they collect resources).
More mining options for even more IDs in even more places is exactly NOT what Disco needs.

Centralisation of activity, Unification of fields and Reduction of mining systems and commodities is what is needed.
Pages: 1 2