Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NPCs hailing you according to your IFF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it at all possible with FLHook --or any other way-- to make NPC ships hail you according to your IFF instead of as "freelancer" as they do with other NPCs? If not, it's understandable as I imagine it would requite either trickery or recording a ton of audio.
Sounds like a big effort for no real gain.
They would have to record all these IFFs and insert them in the loops of the hails. I also believe it's too complex and no real gain.

I'd say revert NPCs that could damage you, that's better gain to old gameplay. )
Pretty sure it is possible, but it's predetermined when a new character is created. Theoretically, I would assume it is possible to use the restarts to achieve this, but I think the only way to edit this was through one of Adoxa's hooks. I'd need to look at said code, but again, I think it is a global value. So one new callsign would be given to all players. (If we set it to LSF, everyone becomes LSF)

If I am wrong, I am sure the ones who know will be willing to correct me.
(01-19-2018, 06:30 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure it is possible, but it's predetermined when a new character is created. Theoretically, I would assume it is possible to use the restarts to achieve this, but I think the only way to edit this was through one of Adoxa's hooks. I'd need to look at said code, but again, I think it is a global value. So one new callsign would be given to all players. (If we set it to LSF, everyone becomes LSF)

If I am wrong, I am sure the ones who know will be willing to correct me.

You're right, there is an Adoxa plugin that does this but it's global.
The topic is NPCs hailing you, not buffing them again. Stick to that.
I'd be okay with damaging npcs near stations. But not along tradelanes, please. That'd make piracy far more challenging. I remember the days of tough npcs along lanes. I could get my butt handed to me by a low skill pvp snub simply because they would have 6-8 powerful npcs helping whittle me down. That, or a quick 10 minute fight drags on for an hour or more due to having to shield dodge against the npc fire.

But having them around stations makes sense, since the defenses around them would, realistically, be better than along tradelanes.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your post until after I posted,

NPCs hailing you appropriate to your ID/IFF would be pretty neat! I always thought it would be a nice touch for immersion, but I can understand that the amount of work necessary would be very time consuming. One can dream!
"No real gains" except total immersion in the world...But yes, if it's a ton of work, there's not much of a point to it. Glad to see it answered so clearly.