Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: POB changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
In response to the suggestions made we will now test run the following changed POB settings:

Damage tick interval: 120 seconds from 20 seconds
Damage per tick: 1200 from 200

This will drastically decrease the amount of repair commodities needed to supply a base.

Please drop feedback here after you had time to observe the changes.
Does the "Damage per tick" part also affect the core-level-dependent factor, or just the base damage?
Higher core bases only need more FOW/Crew.
Did you remove the core-level-dependent factor from the Wear & Tear damage entirely?
That was never a thing.
(05-16-2012, 02:21 AM)Discovery Freelancer Tutorials Wrote: [ -> ]
Base repair rates and damage rates are:

Wear and Tear Damage every 20 seconds = 200 + (base level x 200)
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2016, 09:50 by Discovery Freelancer Tutorials.)
I had to read the actual plugin. This seems to still be the case but it doesn't change anything.
Excellent!
That was some fast reaction time. Appreciated!
(01-20-2018, 12:15 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]I had to read the actual plugin. This seems to still be the case but it doesn't change anything.

If you don't multiply the core-level-dependent factor with six the same way you multiplied the base w&t damage the total w&t damage will not be six times the previous value and the relation between tick interval and damage per tick won't be the same either. My concerns lie in that this way it also affects base siege balance and some related spreadsheets will require massive recalculations if this change remains the way it is now.

In order not to alter the previous ratios and current base siege balance I'd propose the following setup:

Wear and Tear Damage every 120 seconds = 1200 + (base level x 1200)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6