Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jump Drives and You: A Guide.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to Jump Drive:

Step 1: Procure a ship with either a 3600000 (Battlecruiser, Series II is the only drive it can use) or 7000000 (Light BS/Bustard powercore)
Step II: Mount the Jump Drive.

Step III: Input coords whilst in space. Now, because coords are really big and finicky, a free third-party program called AutoHotKey is a lifesaver.

Attached is a script that inputs coordinates for Omicron Delta.
Code:
^3::
  SendInput, /setcoords 1DFFC205-E068CBA7-95878B24-1C2EE725-57A5D071-C7E9B33B-6165EE75
Return

The "^3" means Ctrl + 3, for reference.

Step IV: Say /charge

Step V: Wait for charge to be full

Step VI: Say /jump

Jump Drive II consumes 420 batteries and charges in 60 seconds, consuming 7 batteries per second
Jump Drive III consumes 450 batteries and charges in 30 seconds, consuming 15 batteries per second
Jump Drive IV consumes 450 batteries and officially charges in 200 seconds, but is closer to 225 seconds now according to community tests, consuming 2 batteries per second
Are there no small jump drives?
(01-23-2018, 11:24 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Are there no small jump drives?

I always found it odd that there is no "Jump Drive I." No love for cruisers or, dare I say, heavy gunboats?
Do we really need multiple tutorials of various quality and detail for the same feature?
(01-23-2018, 02:19 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]Do we really need multiple tutorials of various quality and detail for the same feature?

I would guess, it is because there is no way for someone to update a guide, that was made by someone else.

And since stuff gets changed all the time....
(02-08-2018, 12:56 PM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2018, 02:19 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]Do we really need multiple tutorials of various quality and detail for the same feature?

I would guess, it is because there is no way for someone to update a guide, that was made by someone else.

You know people aren't forbidden to contact Laz and offer their help so he doesn't have to do everything alone, right?
People want recognition for their effort rather than simply having mega-tutorial of some sorts.
(02-08-2018, 01:03 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2018, 12:56 PM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]

You know people aren't forbidden to contact Laz and offer their help so he doesn't have to do everything alone, right?

Laz? What does he has to do with it?

Anyway, stuff like this should be on wikipedia, so anyone can do the update, without having to contact someone.

But this discussion should probably continue somewhere else. Maybe a moderator could clear this thread so it stays on topic, which is you know, Jump Drives?
(02-08-2018, 01:13 PM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]Laz? What does he has to do with it?

He's the member of Angels trying to update all the tutorials in the tutorial section posted by or in other way related to Angels, including the one about Jump Drives. He's the "someone else" you mentioned before. I don't know if there is anyone helping him and it bugs me that people do the same stuff on their own just to get the credit for it instead of working together.

It's good so see you are well informed enough to post in here.

EDIT: Laz also handles Discord bots, recently added a feature providing infomation when queried by a keyword, it is available in the #help_and_support channel of the DiscoveryGC Public Server. It already provides up-to-date information regarding Jump Drives. And more.