Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Aeon C'bal - Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hello Discovery Community.

May check out our Information and check out the history of the Gammuians. Please, feel free to give us a feedback and don't hesitate to throw out questions.
Best regards. Yours robots.
I want to see more of you around! Really, that is some quality RP there!
(02-03-2018, 02:46 AM)Schneidewind Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see more of you around! Really, that is some quality RP there!

Thanks, I hope we can manage getting through the "launching" phase, gathering some members and presenting good stuff for Discovery.
Good attempt and much closer to what I've always thought AI should be. Both Zoners and Colonials use Greek names - you really want to stay away from Greek names to avoid comparisons with Battlestar Galactica.

Why not Vedic names? Would work well with a faction of intelligences that are fairly immortal, much better than the Greeks who are all about slow death and a gradual decrease in power. You're trying to restore a system of order - that works much, much better for Vedic mythological names rather Greek ones.

Consider replacing Alpha, Beta, etc, which is fairly boring, with Aries, Taurus, etc, if you want to go the Zodiac route, or you could go for Gammu|Sunya, Gammu|Eka, Gammu|Dvi, etc, which basically fills the same numerical role, but looks more unique, and replace the complicated (intelligent) Greek names with entities, such as Mara, Soma, Indra, etc. That would be unique, stand out, and fit your lore better. If you do that, I'll join up and bring my SRP Gammuian with me.

Consider this: Every AI faction I remember for the past five years has done Alpha, Beta, etc. If you want to be new, get away from the Greeks. It doesn't fit what AI is.
(02-08-2018, 02:19 PM)Tænì Wrote: [ -> ]Good attempt and much closer to what I've always thought AI should be. Both Zoners and Colonials use Greek names - you really want to stay away from Greek names to avoid comparisons with Battlestar Galactica.

Why not Vedic names? Would work well with a faction of intelligences that are fairly immortal, much better than the Greeks who are all about slow death and a gradual decrease in power. You're trying to restore a system of order - that works much, much better for Vedic mythological names rather Greek ones.

Consider replacing Alpha, Beta, etc, which is fairly boring, with Aries, Taurus, etc, if you want to go the Zodiac route, or you could go for Gammu|Sunya, Gammu|Eka, Gammu|Dvi, etc, which basically fills the same numerical role, but looks more unique, and replace the complicated (intelligent) Greek names with entities, such as Mara, Soma, Indra, etc. That would be unique, stand out, and fit your lore better. If you do that, I'll join up and bring my SRP Gammuian with me.

Consider this: Every AI faction I remember for the past five years has done Alpha, Beta, etc. If you want to be new, get away from the Greeks. It doesn't fit what AI is.

Great suggestion . Have been already looking for a replacement of the default names. Change is incoming.
Where would the relations to this group stand with Auxesia considering the existing positive relationship we had maintained with PRIME?
(02-09-2018, 06:38 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]Where would the relations to this group stand with Auxesia considering the existing positive relationship we had maintained with PRIME?

Still recollecting all information of Prime. Could you appoint us to the RP between Auxesia and Prime? Having it would ease much?
(02-09-2018, 07:22 PM)The Gammuian Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2018, 06:38 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]Where would the relations to this group stand with Auxesia considering the existing positive relationship we had maintained with PRIME?

Still recollecting all information of Prime. Could you appoint us to the RP between Auxesia and Prime? Having it would ease much?

I'll have someone send you everything in a PM to the forum account.
(02-09-2018, 08:01 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2018, 07:22 PM)The Gammuian Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll have someone send you everything in a PM to the forum account.

After talking with the first assumption is that the relation between Auxesia and Gammuians needs further development. Can't say if this relation will stay positive though. It belongs to the future RP (a wall might be the nomad support of Gammuians), comparision of their goals, tasks and approach.
I started with a,i, characters before there was an ID. Before harvesters and since then I had seen this done well and done over and over again.

A handful of us of whom I am probably the only one left felt that an AI id was the answer. But it really isnt. The id if anything has stagnated the... Novelty that could be utilized.

Im not going to dog on you but.. from where this began. From where this id and shipset came from. needs to stop languishing were its been. Its been corn holed into one corner of the omicrons in a place where.. honestly even with the Easter eggs and the shadows of what was. ultimately you dont need. You dont need the past.

You guys need.. an honest future. So ill leave you with that. I think. really. past a rep sheet and a agenda use the id and the ships to.. free yourself from what all the other vanilla factions here have. Which is a much more. Constrained course.

Make your fate a good one.

Good luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8