Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Let's talk about dogfight strategy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TBH my biggest gripe with FL is the dogfight. When I fight with NPC, especially those faster ships, I often find myself feeling really bored with just following the little red cross without any way to "out-smart" the enemy. The enemies are also big bullet sponges, like 80% of time after taking down their shields, after a few missed shots their shield is back up and we are back to square one. It can take 5-10 minutes to complete a job and it's so annoying.

Do you feel the same? Do you ever wish there's some feature in FL that allows you to out-smart the enemy with strategy, for example a way to position yourself at the right place behind the target and just let go all your guns and watch the enemy explode. Like how it feels in Call of Duty, I'm not trying to make a comparison here but you know when you play CoD multiplayer you out smart the other team by getting behind them, or taking an educated guess with your nade into a 2nd story window, or simply take a good aim and land all your shots with no misses and win a head on fight. Those feel good and makes you feel that you've got the "skillz".

Do you know of any existing strategy in FL that helps ending dogfights faster and making it more satisfying?
Cloak is the only ambush tool for already ongoing fight. Space is without corners otherwise to go behind.
*cough* Dual Nova bombers to run jobs *cough*
(01-22-2018, 06:41 PM)Teresa Brooks Wrote: [ -> ]*cough* Dual Nova bombers to run jobs *cough*

haha yea but that's just taking advantage of specific ship powers Smile
(01-22-2018, 06:41 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Cloak is the only ambush tool for already ongoing fight. Space is without corners otherwise to go behind.

how about positioning yourself so that the little red cross aligns with the enemy, i.e. either matching velocity or going in the same (or opposite) direction.
(01-22-2018, 06:39 PM)Rotorist Wrote: [ -> ]any existing strategy in FL that helps ending dogfights faster and making it more satisfying?
(01-22-2018, 06:39 PM)Rotorist Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know of any existing strategy in FL that helps ending dogfights faster and making it more satisfying?

I call it the A/)-ACV-Predator. It has 140 missiles and can kill 4 ships while only firing 66, leaving 84 left in the tubes. Fights end fast and victory is assured.
Swarming, let no room for quarter for the enemy Big Grin
If it is only NPC, just go in reverse, or engine kill away from NPC, they will soon start following you (going more or less straigh for you) which will align red cross with enemy, and if you have weapon with long enough range , you can shoot them before they enter in range(at which point they will stop going straigh).
Also, missiles!
Try fighting players instead of NPCs. A lot more fun.
Pages: 1 2