Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Congratulations, you finally made it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
That's it.
After two years of investing time, energy, passion into Discovery, into building my characters, and finally only one character in the end, I am leaving Discovery for good.

Thank you (and yes, that is bitter sarcasm), people so called "PVP Whores", for finally getting me over the edge, so I can finally leave.

Your constant hunt for "easy" prey, your luring and baiting of newbies and players not so skilled in pvp.
Your sudden attacks, with little to no rp, allowing no time to react rp wise.

I am not sure if you are some kind of lonely rotting forgotten bastards hiding at home, with no social skill, soziopaths who literally enjoy destroying others and see them suffer, or psychopaths, who are not even aware of what they are doing, but I do not care anymore.

Because of you, Discovery will die.

Cheers, I'm out.

-Draconaut

PS.: Freeze my character or delete them, they are not to be altered and not to be used by anyone OOC/IRP. (by Copyright).
Step one whenever you lose your temper because someone has ganked you or treated you unfairly in one way or another : step away from the game, go do something else, let it go in and out of your mind in a flash, like an image of your parents during sex.

Don't throw it all away because of one bitter encounter. This place has its issues and is certainly not devoid of evil bastards, but it's got a lot to offer. If the griefing is your only issue, report those who've done you harm, cool off and come back.
See ya Around.
Take a break, stay away from Liberty and all the guys who can't do jack without cruisers. Smile
I agree with Lanakov. I took a few months break to get things off of my mind rather then blowing up on the forums, it really helped me destress and relax. You just got to remember that in the end, its a game, people play differently, many in ways you'll like or hate and were all like that. I might not like how some people play here, but in their eyes there is nothing wrong with it.

If you mean the development, then there's a bug report area for a reason mate. I also want to say this, I was taught to PvP via the Judges back in the day, it took me 6 months to go up 1 rank, and that meant 2-3 days of weekly PVP training and even today I keep training to get better. In this case, people sometimes PvP daily, and I'll never be as good as them unless I in turn, train hard and learn how to counter them. Ship setup counters exist for a reason, different shields, different ship type and class and even weapons as a whole. And yes, there are those that know how to use that to the best that they can, and thats normal. There are traders that know how to make a billion in a day, there are researcher players that can invent things in a day. Some train, some take time, and others work for it.

Something I've come to learn is that if I'm defeated in PvP, is not to get upset, but train till I fight the person again next time, and while I can understand some people don't got time to train, you sometimes don't need to. I'm crap in snub PvP but extremely good with Gunships and sometimes Cruisers, its just how I learned to PvP. Everyone is good at something and other people are not, there are many roles on discovery in many shapes and sizes.

And if this is something related to LN, then remember that its a military faction, and I'll steal this line from Fallout "War, war never changes, people do, thorough the roads that which they chose" So just remember, keep trying to do better mate, don't give up!
(01-23-2018, 07:29 PM)DraconAUT Wrote: [ -> ]soziopaths who literally enjoy destroying others and see them suffer, or psychopaths, who are not even aware of what they are doing, but I do not care anymore.

I know the video might be considered trolling or throwing oil in the fire but I just think the man's words really describe some wisdom - why do you have to get angry and emotional over a game in which you really have absolutely nothing to lose (but maybe some pride). We're all here to have fun and if this game causes you more grief than happiness than you should really take a break, I guess. Enjoy your vacation and if you change your mind we'll be right here, where you left us. Take care. Smile
Quote:by Copyright
[Image: vHedWVd.jpg]
I am merely showing activity here to react to your replies.

First of all: It is not about players who can only play cruisers. It is never them. It is the lack of friendly aligned players, that seems always be present when I am facing, once again, and really, every time I log in, a PVP Whore, that just is online, to kill someone.

Secondly: I used to trade alot back then, but I got bored, I used to explore alot, but I bored. All my characters were delted by the admins, for inactivity, when I created my Liberty Navy character - and as I did, I hoped to get some quality RP in the space most populated.

Instead I got: Ignorance by newbies, smartasses, that constantly try to stall you or find a way to quickdock and escape you.
Lacking possiblities to hold of a smuggler you've just set down, because hey, let's just move and dock, because ***** RP

A bunch of PVP whores forming a group of criminals that hunts down Liberty Armed Forces, people who just log and live to kill other player's characters.
And of course have access to Destroyers, Cruisers and Battleships, that magically are never held off by NPC Forces first hand, because ***** RP, right?

It's only LOLberty, because people don't give a ***** about rp, rules and logic. That is the problem. So ***** RP? No, ***** YOU, ***** everyone who plays the way he or she wants for the sake of being special and individual, ignoring common sense and logic.

This Server was fun for the beginning, because it brought back old childhood memories, but the longer you play, the further you go in, the more things destroy it for you.
This Server used to have 90+ players, but they are leaving, and I am pretty sure, ithe PVPwhores do have to count most leavers on their account.
DraconAUT Wrote:PS.: Freeze my character or delete them, they are not to be altered and not to be used by anyone OOC/IRP. (by Copyright).

Not so.

Registration TOS Wrote:You agree content of your own intended for use by groups registered on the DiscoveryGC Community as "Official Faction" or "Unofficial Faction" of which you are a member at the time of posting will fall under a CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.
Thank you, Freeroamer, for being the smartass we all know.

"It's just game", yes it is, or maybe it's just "a waste of time".

No, I will not return anywhere but this thread/post, until it has died, cooled down, forgotten.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6