Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rep to Buy missels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I finally decided to make a new char that used missles for his primary weps. I am using one cannonabll missle and one firestalker missle. I have found that while I can buy cannonball missels from almot every faction that is neutral or allied, I cannot by Firestalker missles from factions that newtral. In fact in order to buy them I have to have at least 1 bar away from max green rep oythewise it does not work.

Am I missing somthing here??
Any help would be useful I just want to know why this happens

Thanks,
sidewinder
well that sounds right, if i remember right even the un-moded freelancer some of the equipement had rep requirments.
Indeed, in the original FL, the Firestalker missile was available only to good rep people on Corsair on Outcasts; kinda like how the Sunslayer is restricted to the BUndcheh(sp?)

-Ent
And Zoners will not sell you Fury 3's without 1 bar from full rep. Starkiller torpedoes usually required some green with a faction to get them if I am right..
Yeah, it's the same in Vanilla. But beileve me, it can get annoying ; )
Rep has always affected what weapons and ammo you can buy, in SP your level does too, which is one of the major advantages of MP.
I'll make ammo buyable for everyone regardless of rep in 4.81. It seems right that players should be able to buy ammo for their weaponry from any stations they can dock to.

However, this won't affect missile launchers in any way. You'll still need to get friendly for getting those.