Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ingenuus R&D: Lab 010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Silence*

Like the beginning and the end. There is silence. Yet like everything, it must come to an end and be broken. The airlock cycles.
Air floods in and pressurise the interior - and then? Silence.

Only when the door opens, is it broken for good. Before Eve was a pristine lab, white and shiny, right out of a book. Everything was neatly arranged and completely organised. The IRG knew how to run a lab, that was for sure. Walking forwards, Eve looked before her and around. The lab split three ways, three sections.

The main section in front of her was the one currently being populated. White lab coats marched back and forth between the different lab tables. Computers lined one of the walls, most of them processing scientific data from recent studies. Chemicals brewed inside some of the isolated environments. Everyone knew their job and got on with it happily.

A few of the researcher's idly chatted while going about their work while others were in deep thought or discussing their work amongst themselves. Before even fully making her way into the lab, Eve was greeted by one of the female researchers who had noticed her presence.

"Hey there! Hi, you must be Eva." The girl excitedly stated. The word girl was appropriate. She must have only been a few years younger than Eva, and Eva thought she was young.

"Oui. That is me." She instinctively replied.

Eva had a rather strong Gallic accent, but it was still rather tame compared to most you hear in Gallia. She realised that she spoke Gallic, rather than full English, and that was going to be a weird habit to break.

"Took you a while to get here right? I guess Gallia is pretty far away. You want me to show you around?" Her voice was so perky and upbeat. It was so odd and such a change of pace for Eva. In Gallia, or at least from her experiences, everyone was all business.

"Sure, I'd love to look around. But first, pleasantries are in order. You already know my name, but what is yours?" Eva maintained quite an intellectual demeanour while she conducted herself, but it was semi-clear she was putting it on. The well-known phrase "first impressions matter" was stuck in her head, and she wanted to appear intelligent.

"But of course! My name's Trisha, but everyone calls me Q (don't ask)" A bit of embarrassment could be detected from this girl, there was clearly a reason she had earned that nickname.

As they finished with the pleasantries, the young girl led her through and around the lab. She started by leading Eva into one of the subsections to the left of the entrance. While the main area they left seemed to be where the majority of work went down, there seemed to be individual smaller labs and offices dotted around. Each one seemed to have a particular focus.

As they walked around, everything was explained by Trisha, it was like the entire experience was being narrated by a really giddy child, but Eva's thoughts were a little condescending. In reality, there was only a small gap in age between them.

After doing a full loop, the had gone past everyone and viewed the section on the right. The end result Eva being given some information on almost every part of the lab, with a few amusing work-related stories to boot. After they were all done, Eva was lead back into the left section and around a few corners, to a nice and isolated room at the farthest point from the entrance.

"Alright, here we are! This will be your private little study, as it were. Every one of us gets one, but this one has stood empty, now our lab is completely filled! Isn't that great?! Anyways, get yourself settled. You'll find your login detailed pinned to the desk."

Eva nodded to her has you left, but the moment the door sealed behind her she let out a big sigh of relief. She was glad the people are friendly, but the energy of that girl... too much!

She sat down and got acquainted with her workstations, and then got herself setup on the network.

IRG Network
Login: ELeroux
Password:
••••••••••

Login Successful. At least there was no tech problems, this time.

"Well, lets take a look then shall we?"