Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What are your wishes and expectations regarding Official Factions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Creating this thread to simply gather people's wishes and expectations when it comes to Official Factions.

Please don't turn this into discussion thread as it would not benefit anyone.
Instead let's make this an actual forum - a place to express your opinions.

I hope it can be used to improve upon what official factions can offer to community once leaders or members see a good and implementable ideas.
- First thing is democratic progress with the choice or dismiss of the/a leader.
- Make a recruitment suitable even for newcomers.
- Motivate your members to log.
- Create stuff that motivates to log.
- Improve the relation with other factions ooRP. FINALLY WORK TOGETHER !!!
- Stay with your NPC faction, represent it well, but evolve and RP in a logic and immersive way.
- Try to actively recruit indies, but don't enforce crap on them.
- Help each other, help invent stories, even loosing inRP must be an option for everyone. Everything comes down to a bigger frame.
Great thread!

Well for one Official factions should try and advance their faction and lore story line wise. I know story line devs control this ultimately, but there are really cases where some factions simply just exist and play close to their NPC lore. I'm not pointing fingers here. But that is one thing I wish for.
- Ability to make a clear cut between inRP and ooRP. If people steal/salvage/buy a ship from someone else/etc inRP, the faction should react to it inRP.
- Stop pretending they are the NPC faction. They are a representant of the NPC faction with limited rights. They are not the entire NPC faction.
- Being a guide to their indies. Some people have good reasons to not join the player faction but the NPC faction only. Those shouldn't be excluded from RP opportunities of any kind.
- Tutorials on forum-roleplay for the individual faction. Including the creation of message layouts, etc.
- Cooperation between the official factions at least inRP. Nobody needs to love everyone here, but grudges should kept outside of the RP environment.
- HOLY COW, DON'T LOG FOR RAIDS ONLY. Provide activity, don't kill it.
Stop being special snowflakes, stick closer to the corresponding NPC factions and use this to develop them further in a logical and inRPly fitting way.
I simply wish for official factions to show more dedication for their own things.
In the cases where an Official faction or member of one is playing the Role of a House Government (i.e. Liberty Government, Bretonian Government...ect ect), respond to RP request on the Forums in a timely fashion.