Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Professor will be in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Fall 2011 I began a Master's Degree program in US history, finishing in Spring 2016. Today I received my first decision letter from one of the five PhD. programs I've applied to. Next Fall, I'll definitely be starting a PhD, somewhere, just need to hear from the other four before I can decide where.

It's been eight years since I decided to pursue this, and the road has been full of unexpected twists and turns, including some very frustrating delays, but this proves that it has all been worth it. Sometimes the only thing you can do is just keep pressing on and being patient for your dreams to finally arrive in their own time. Work hard, pray harder, never ever give up.

And no, I did not remark on my time as a Professor in the Lane Hackers in my admissions applications. I thought I'd save that for grant proposals down the line.
Looks like new title , Professor , will be in order , you earn it . (sun)
Professor Economist Dev has a nice ring to it Nicely done!
Good luck! PHD is no mean feat.
Who killed Kennedy?
Congratulations Smile Im a bit ahead of you there and have started with PhDing a bit over a half year ago. Just from my experience, whatever frustrating stuff you had to deal with until now, there will be much worse waiting for you (sun)
good luck smart person!
Best of luck with your PhD, Xoria Smile
Generally, I tell PhD students to think about if they really need it for the jobs and careers they want to pursue. 50% realize that they dont, sooner or later. But since you want it at age 40, you probably already know it'll have the contrary effect of helping you find jobs, and that's not why you want it. If you're really serious about this and about publishing research, be very careful about not being made to work for free by professors who will pass your work off as their own, especially if they're accepting 40 yo "students".