Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A question of sanity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
University of Cambridge, University Hospital landing deck
Date: 4/02/825 A.S.

The Landing pads were busy, as usual, paramedics running to and fro from the various shuttles that were coming and going, some had patients others had supplies. These pads were reserved specially for those with medical needs, the Hospital would not tolerate any non medical landings. The open fields of Cambridge stretched on for miles in the sun soaked woodlands of Cambridge. The hospital seemed to be located in the middle of a paddock which was surrounded by a forest when the reality was it was still in a city, it was just that the city had a great many trees.

Doctors Thomas Scott and Franz Fischer stood on the far side of landing pad 32 eagerly awaiting their invited guest, who fancied herself a goddess. Both were high skeptical about such a claim and discussed all sorts of possibilities before she had even arrived.

Scott argued that it could be schizophrenia whereas Fischer believed that it was probably a case of Narcissistic personality disorder, but both agreed was better to wait and see. So they both produced a different kind of tobacco, Fischer a pipe and Scott a pouch of snuff, and they began chatting about the war and how likely it was that Cambridge would become over-populated by the end of the year.
From the void uncloaks a lone sichel fighter at cruising speed, heading in a straight line towards planet Cambridge. In the dark cockpit a slender hand reaches towards a teacup cup.
"So here we are at Cambridge..."
Megaera takes a sip from her hot tea, being illuminated only by the soft purple glow coming from her flight computer.
With her left hand she types in the new coordinates towards the designated landing pad, while holding the teacup with her right.
She leans back and lets the ship fly on its own.
"Let us see what the mortals have to say to us."

A few moments later the ship enters Cambridge atmosphere.
Megaera drinks up the last of her tea and sets the cup down next to her in its holder.
The sichel shoots through the sky, still at cruising speed, untill she suddenly cuts the engines right above the landing pad.
She sits upright and looks down on the landing pad.
"Such a poetic sight. The eyes of god looking down upon the world."
Megaera sits back down and with a bored gesture gives the command the land.
"They better make it worth my time."

After the ship touches the landing pad, Megaera does not take long to leave the ship.
Looking around her, she realises the beauty of the place and breaths in the fresh air.
A gentle wind carries a strand of her dark hair into her face.
"Now here is a nice suprise... This is alot better than I expected. I guess this satisfies my mood for now."
She turns around to see two men watching her suspiciously.
The two men, garbed in typical white coats and armed with nothing more than their wits and experience approached the new arrival, who was staring at them, with a calm grace and a friendly yet somewhat sympathetic demeanor. ''Frau Megaera'' Doctor Fischer began ''Willkommen in Cambridge, I am doctor Franz Fischer and this is my colleague doctor Thomas Scott. You are here for a little talk with us no? Perhaps you would like to follow us inside?''

Doctor Scott meanwhile looked around to see if she had any bags with her, or companions, seeing nothing he also greeted her with a small, kind smile. ''We spoke via letters. if you remember. How lovely it is to meet you in person.'' he said extending his hand.
Megaera looks at the extended hand for a moment, but decides to shake it.
"Greetings gentlemen, you were not waiting long I presume? I was not expecting a Rheinlander. Did Kruger sent you? They still owe me some rheinbier." she said with curiosity.
She then turns to Doctor Scott.
"I remember the letters, for I am not Lethe. Let us go inside and see what you can offer me."

The two men go ahead and Megaera follows closely behind them, towards the large building. They discuss her persona, inaudible to her ears, while they lead her to the open doors. Megaera does not pay much attention, being more preoccupied with the landscape.
Fischer held back a biting remark before letting it go and giving his colleague a concerned look before being ushered onward by their guest's arrival. A few short minutes later and they arrived in a bright, open examination room with glass windows that gave an unobstructed view of the surrounding forest and the alps in the distant background. Both doctors invited her to sit beside the window, Scott prepared some tea while Fischer continued to speak with her.

''So'' he began ''Tell us, who are you and where do you come from?'' by now, the elderly Rheinlander had a notebook and a pencil in his hand ready to note down anything that took his fancy.
She refuses to sit down and instead stands walks towards the windows. There she stands admiring the view with her back turns towards them.

"I am Lady Ishikawa, a Kusari citizen. I was born on New Tokyo."
She then turns around and sits with them. The aroma of the tea could not be ignored.
"Is that all you wanted to know?"
''Of course not'' came the reply from Scott, ''How old are you, where are your parents, what are your hobbies and where have you been? These are all questions we will ask, as well as others. It would be far better to have this conversation in a polite and civil tone with a calm atmosphere, wouldn't you agree? This will not be a five minute conversation my dear.'' He said without looking up from the tea he was making.

Fischer on the other hand had already began making notes of what little personality he had found and said nothing, but did agree with scott. ''How do you take your tea?'' Scott asked ''Black, or white?''
"Black, no sugar, please.
I am sorry. I guess I was impolite. This is unlike me. I will proceed is a more calmly manner.
You ask how old I am? I am 25 years old, my parents are long dead. They were fragile, unlike me.
My hobbies? I do not think I have any. I guess I entertain myself with whatever I can find. Like this conversation.
Where I have been? Everywhere and nowhere."

She folds her hands under her chin and observes the two men with a sly smile.
Fischer paused in his writing, ''Everywhere and nowhere?'' he repeated with a confused tone ''What do you mean? and what do you mean that your parents are long dead, did they die when you were young?''

Scott bought her tea over, as she had asked it to be made, placed it by the windowsill and sat down beside his colleague, glancing at his notes before giving Megaera his full attention, his facial expression mirroring Fischer's own.
"Well I wander around Sirius. The fates carry me to where I need to be. And now they carried me to you...
As for my parents.
They died on the moment of my rebirth. The moment I shed my shackles and became the woman I am today."

Megaera takes up the teacup and takes a sip, studying the faces of the two men.
Pages: 1 2 3