Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What is your dream?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I want to know what your dream is. Your ultimate goal in life. No matter how "unrealistic" it sounds(astronauts do exist in real life, sounds realistic enough to me). Do you think you'll ever be able to achieve that goal? Are you actively working or planning on working to achieve it?

For example; my ultimate goal(which I used to keep secret from everyone but myself because I was afraid of judgement) is to design something that can put things in orbit. Now that I have the chance to become qualified to be able to do that(in many years), I think I'll be working towards that non stop because there won't be another chance.

What about you?
I don't have such a goal. I try to enjoy my youth in all aspects as long as possible and just try to be happy with whatever circumstances I have to deal with.
Mine was lost to me a long time ago.
My dream is to create something that helps people like robots. Or better politics, maybe over the world.
woooo really? my dream? World peace. yeah right pfft. to travel back in time to live during Feudal Japan and be the most awesome female Samurai ever!!!!
Waking up on the next morning.

Tbh. Traveling through Space like in Disco / Star Citizen.
Music, art, happiness, to keep travelling, to live with my loved ones and not have to leave them every year because I travel. To make something that's worthwhile to others and make others happy. Keep writing and earn a consistent income off it. Keep making music for people. Enjoy being on the young end of my twenties. Worry less. Aquire new skills. Play my Harmonica, Accordion, draw something every day, learn a new music thing every week, stick to ambitions, never stop, never forget the things you're proud of and your power to make yourself who you want to be, stick my oar out, always be unique in experience and keen in aspiration. Share a smile every day. Relegate disco to 4 hours a week without having to totally leave to detox.
Grad school in Maths is coming up pretty soon - I’d like to finish that and go on to my PhD. Most of my specialty so far has been in statistics and data science. I also have a degree in computer science. I intend to contribute to Machine Learning research - especially with data driven applications.

I already have a full time job where I can apply some of it, but I’d like to be building more complex models.

I’m working to increase my income, and increase how much I save and invest. My ultimate goal is to have my PhD done in 10 years, and retire by 50, to consult and teach. But when I do that, I want to have enough money to do the things my wife and I enjoy.

I hope and pray that one day my children will understand why I’m so selfishly busy all the time. Even more than that, I hope they both work hard to build great lives for themselves, and contribute to the furthering of humanity. Most of all, I hope they learn that working as hard as possible for what you want to achieve is the most important thing in this world. That you need not concern yourself with the thoughts of others, because it is your life, and you MUST do what you want to be happy, even if it means delayed gratification.

Edit: I also want to pop bottles on the weekend.
be a normal functional human being (^:
(02-05-2018, 07:31 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]be a normal functional human being (^:

Yeah, this, for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6