Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GRI ID hostile rephacks (to Junker bases, others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello.

Several restarts ago or so, was the GRI ID rephacked hostile to Junker bases (as well as some other lawful bases)?. When I first made my ship, I checked FL stat and saw the ID had no rephack. I had bought a bribe previously and got my rep up to green so that I could dock throughout the Houses and properly make use of GRI's quasi-lawful status. I would assume this is because the (Gallic) Junkers were (afaik this at least hasn't been retconned) used as the OG GRI to gain intelligence on the Houses. Therefore, as a result, they'd use those older ties to help move GRI agents around.

Gameplay wise, this change now punches a hole straight through the ID and severely limits places it can go and stay at, making it very difficult to use compared to other House intel IDs.

Am I delusional or was a change applied?
Bump.
I mean to me, of any Gallic lawful faction out there, the GRI would be the most likely to land on a Junker base (Though I'd imagine they would do so discreetly while no one non-Junkery is looking). I also recall that Junkers were the original spies for Gallia, hence why Gallic Junkers were a thing in the first place. If the Junkers aren't currently friendly towards Gallia's intelligence agency, I can see Junkers at the bare minimum allowing Gallic Agents to shelter themselves upon Junker bases, so long as the Agents are hush-hush about it, which is what intelligence agencies are known for in the first place.

I would support a neutral/friendly rephack; absolutely! I'd like to be able to run into Gallic vessels all over Sirius, rather than simply in parts of Bretonia and one border of Liberty.
+1 I'd like if this was to be fixed..
Bump.
(02-06-2018, 02:59 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: [ -> ]I mean to me, of any Gallic lawful faction out there, the GRI would be the most likely to land on a Junker base (Though I'd imagine they would do so discreetly while no one non-Junkery is looking). I also recall that Junkers were the original spies for Gallia, hence why Gallic Junkers were a thing in the first place. If the Junkers aren't currently friendly towards Gallia's intelligence agency, I can see Junkers at the bare minimum allowing Gallic Agents to shelter themselves upon Junker bases, so long as the Agents are hush-hush about it, which is what intelligence agencies are known for in the first place.

I would support a neutral/friendly rephack; absolutely! I'd like to be able to run into Gallic vessels all over Sirius, rather than simply in parts of Bretonia and one border of Liberty.

I also think this would be a good idea, but what happened to the Gallic Junkers anyhow?
The Gallic Junkers were eliminated several updates and over two years ago. Their historical relationship with the Sirian Junkers has been retconned even before that.
(02-08-2018, 02:48 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
The Gallic Junkers were eliminated several updates and over two years ago. Their historical relationship with the Sirian Junkers has been retconned even before that.

Their historical relationship with Junkers wasn't retconned. Only them stealing the blueprints for Jump Gates and Tradelanes for Gallia was retconned.
As far as I know both were flushed because the two are kinda related. The relationship explained Gallic Junkers acquiring the blueprints through their Sirian descendants/cousins, once that concept was scrapped there was no need to keep that origin story for the Junkers either.
Lythrilux Wrote:Am I delusional or was a change applied?

The latter I think. The newest story update had the GRN destroying Trafalgar base wich probably did not help relations between Gallia and the Junkers.
Pages: 1 2 3