Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New to Discovery, not to Roleplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-07-2018, 11:33 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Gamer Bro.....

Just so you do not get burnt out grinding credits for decent transport. Send me a ship name and I will be happy to donate some Sirian Credits to ya. I got plenty of loot....more than I know what to do with. So, if you are someone who is into the Role Play aspect of the game....drop me a line with a ship name and I will set you up nice like.

There are lots of different factions and corporations to RP out there, some better than other, some easier to RP than other from the start.

Best advice I can give ya....read the forums...the Official and Unofficial faction pages....and see what might interest ya.

Cheers, welcome to Disco and see ya out in Space.

Hey, I sincerely appreciate it! I will keep that offer in mind while I do a little researching. I played a bit this morning and two nice gents loaned me some cash to get a Liberty Freighter, I paid them back by helping them mine. I have been lurking the forums most of the day, reading up and seeing what may interest me. Thanks again, you may be hearing from me!
Welcome to Disco. I started out in DarkRP as a kid as well, but Got my roots in RP through a an anime-based RP community and later through Second Life (Which has a active RP Community in various genres). It's good to see ya here. If you need help with starting out, let me know. If you can get yourself a decent cargo ship (trust me, you'll thank me for this, it's one of the most profitable routes in Disco outside of the Gate Repair trade event) - Buy Helium from Emlenton in Pennsylvania (Or mine it if you can strap mining turrets to it and mine efficiently, or hire someone to do it for you) - and sell it on Manatum Relief Station in Cayman. It's the best route and I got 100,000,000 in around one or two hours using a 5k Zoner Whale (Which requires you to have a Zoner ID to use, and costs as much as that though - but if you can get that and apply for OSI, you can make some really good cash).

Also, hop onto the wiki and look at the lore, get yourself familiar with the world of Sirius in greater detail. There's a lot that someone like me who's been playing Freelancer for years, didn't know about FL's world until I dived into Disco.
(02-07-2018, 11:41 PM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Disco. I started out in DarkRP as a kid as well, but Got my roots in RP through a an anime-based RP community and later through Second Life (Which has a active RP Community in various genres). It's good to see ya here. If you need help with starting out, let me know. If you can get yourself a decent cargo ship (trust me, you'll thank me for this, it's one of the most profitable routes in Disco outside of the Gate Repair trade event) - Buy Helium from Emlenton in Pennsylvania (Or mine it if you can strap mining turrets to it and mine efficiently, or hire someone to do it for you) - and sell it on Manatum Relief Station in Cayman. It's the best route and I got 100,000,000 in around one or two hours using a 5k Zoner Whale (Which requires you to have a Zoner ID to use, and costs as much as that though - but if you can get that and apply for OSI, you can make some really good cash).

Also, hop onto the wiki and look at the lore, get yourself familiar with the world of Sirius in greater detail. There's a lot that someone like me who's been playing Freelancer for years, didn't know about FL's world until I dived into Disco.

Damn, I appreciate it! Will for sure be referring back to this posting later when I get back in game. I thought I was hot shit making 1mil or so... Looks like I was wrong. Anyway, I do appreciate the tip! I guess a question I do have is, where do I get different ID's at? I assume the are purchased from the relevant bases and locations?
You might find this helpfull

Also, in the Player Utilities tab at the top of the forum
WiKi (somethings are outdated...but lately it seems pretty up to date, thanks to the WiKi volunteers)
Interactive Nav Map-This will help you find your way around.
Welcome to Discovery! Have a good time here, enjoy the exploration! Aslo, take your time before joining any faction. Try out their indie IDs. Smile
(02-07-2018, 11:55 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: [ -> ]You might find this helpfull

Also, in the Player Utilities tab at the top of the forum
WiKi (somethings are outdated...but lately it seems pretty up to date, thanks to the WiKi volunteers)
Interactive Nav Map-This will help you find your way around.

I was looking at that and the technology chart, that tech thing may be a big concept to grasp hah!
(02-08-2018, 12:00 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Discovery! Have a good time here, enjoy the exploration! Aslo, take your time before joining any faction. Try out their indie IDs. Smile

That is what I was planning on doing! I always like to start out indie, make my own way, then commit to something bigger! Thank you!
(02-07-2018, 11:45 PM)Rvg5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2018, 11:41 PM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Disco. I started out in DarkRP as a kid as well, but Got my roots in RP through a an anime-based RP community and later through Second Life (Which has a active RP Community in various genres). It's good to see ya here. If you need help with starting out, let me know. If you can get yourself a decent cargo ship (trust me, you'll thank me for this, it's one of the most profitable routes in Disco outside of the Gate Repair trade event) - Buy Helium from Emlenton in Pennsylvania (Or mine it if you can strap mining turrets to it and mine efficiently, or hire someone to do it for you) - and sell it on Manatum Relief Station in Cayman. It's the best route and I got 100,000,000 in around one or two hours using a 5k Zoner Whale (Which requires you to have a Zoner ID to use, and costs as much as that though - but if you can get that and apply for OSI, you can make some really good cash).

Damn, I appreciate it! Will for sure be referring back to this posting later when I get back in game. I thought I was hot ***** making 1mil or so... Looks like I was wrong. Anyway, I do appreciate the tip! I guess a question I do have is, where do I get different ID's at? I assume the are purchased from the relevant bases and locations?

Yep. For instance, you can get a LIBNAV (Liberty Navy) ID at places like West Point in NY, Zoner IDs at Any Freeport. You can get Freelancer IDs anywhere - What you need to pay attention to when picking an ID is that you realize that IDs come with their own rules. For instance, the Freelancer ID can only engage others in:

A. Self Defense
B. In Defense of a allied/friendly installation or player.
C. If being paid to engage them (Be them on the spot or for a bounty).

Furthermore, Freelancers cannot fly Capital ships - What you can fly under the Freelancer ID are : Fighters, Bombers, Transports (Under 3800 Cargo Units sans the Pirate Train - IIRC), Freighters, Liners, Gunboats and the Bustard Carrrier (due to the fact it is classed in game as a liner.)

There are also In-RP regulations regarding the various houses, which can be seen by clicking the In-Roleplay House Laws button on the hotbar at the top of the page. They're all mostly straightforward, going over restricted equipment, weapons, ships, contraband and illegal activities, as well as the definitions of their territory.
(02-08-2018, 12:07 AM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2018, 11:45 PM)Rvg5 Wrote: [ -> ]

Damn, I appreciate it! Will for sure be referring back to this posting later when I get back in game. I thought I was hot ***** making 1mil or so... Looks like I was wrong. Anyway, I do appreciate the tip! I guess a question I do have is, where do I get different ID's at? I assume the are purchased from the relevant bases and locations?

Yep. For instance, you can get a LIBNAV (Liberty Navy) ID at places like West Point in NY, Zoner IDs at Any Freeport. You can get Freelancer IDs anywhere - What you need to pay attention to when picking an ID is that you realize that IDs come with their own rules. For instance, the Freelancer ID can only engage others in:

A. Self Defense
B. In Defense of a allied/friendly installation or player.
C. If being paid to engage them (Be them on the spot or for a bounty).

Furthermore, Freelancers cannot fly Capital ships - What you can fly under the Freelancer ID are : Fighters, Bombers, Transports (Under 3800 Cargo Units sans the Pirate Train - IIRC), Freighters, Liners, Gunboats and the Bustard Carrrier (due to the fact it is classed in game as a liner.)

There are also In-RP regulations regarding the various houses, which can be seen by clicking the In-Roleplay House Laws button on the hotbar at the top of the page. They're all mostly straightforward, going over restricted equipment, weapons, ships, contraband and illegal activities, as well as the definitions of their territory.

Makes sense, That cargo unit restriction is nice to know. Thanks for the help!
Hello and welcome

(02-08-2018, 12:12 AM)Rvg5 Wrote: [ -> ]Makes sense, That cargo unit restriction is nice to know. Thanks for the help!
I will just correct, that it is actually 3.600 cargo maximum.

You might want to take a look at https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=153175 it is a very useful tool.
Pages: 1 2 3