Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Request: Camera Ship 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edit: See the bottom of my wall-o-text for a TL;DR

I would like to propose an alternative to the current Camera Ship sold in Connecticut.

My request is for a freighter style Camera Ship; one that utilizes a slower paced engine and doesn't induce motion sickness when turning. Being a freighter, it would also feature Turret Zoom, which the current Camera Ship is lacking.

The main reason I ask for this is thus: The Camera Ship has potential for being used as someone who prefers to RP as a crew member aboard someone else's ship. This way, the one in the Camera Ship can enjoy the RP environment with none of the stress involved with the PvP aspects of the game. However, the current Camera Ship's turret view is zoomed out to an extreme distance, meaning that you cannot get a good three dimensional look around you while in turret view, which is half the fun of RP for some folks: Admiring the ships of those around you in a relaxed RP situation.

Typically, a player using a Camera Ship in this way would be inclined to just form up on the "mother ship;" the one upon which their character is, inRP, actually aboard. As it stands, with the high sensitivity of the current Camera Ship's turn speed, in addition to a very odd third-person view, trying to hone in on something without going first person is tricky.

The main hope here is to take a Kestrel freighter, and simply trick it out like a Camera Ship - Invisible, can clip through objects, outside the RP environment, etc., but leave it with a gentle turn speed and modest zoom in/out distance in turret view.

This would greatly benefit folks like myself, who would like to invest in a PvP-heavy character, but feel hesitant to do so, when my non-PvP pal/fiancé can't even fly her ship without the F4 key.

I feel like this would be an easy and beneficial addition to Discovery, as it would allow many folks who enjoy RP over PvP to pal around with their PvP-inclined friends and acquaintances.

Of course, there is also the added benefit of allowing folks who would want to use this for picture taking to utilize turret zoom for artistic purposes.

TL;DR: A Camera Ship with,
-Turret Zoom.
-A non-zoomed in third-person perspective.
-Slow turn speed so those with motion sickness don't get dizzy.
-Better potential as a 'ship' someone uses to RP a crewmember of someone else's ship.
-A slow and steady strafe and impulse speed, versus the current jittery controls of the Starflier Camera Ship.
-No-Clip, like the current Camera Ship, so that it cannot be targeted by players.

Any thoughts and/or opinions are appreciated.
In hindsight, I probably should have added a poll to this thread... Ah well, I've added a TL;DR section, at least.

Bumping in case this was missed.
I like this idea.