Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Finished Ingame Help System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The thing is, this already works without any FLHook, as is, by simply copy pasting what I posted here into files and infocards.

Having an additional FLHook command that opens the map to the system (in addition to the already existing way of going to the Sirius map and opening the system there), would be nice but is not necessary for this to work, and shouldnt be another reason for more delay.
I made a test server and can confirm that, as is, the Help System is visible for everyone without need to explore it first in multiplayer as well as single player.

So the only thing needed to have this Help System ingame right now is for a dev to copy-paste what I posted here into the mod as described.
Check out "Content Post 2" this can be added as soon as it's approved, no need to wait for dev patch.
(02-14-2018, 04:25 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]Check out "Content Post 2" this can be added as soon as it's approved, no need to wait for dev patch.

I think at this point, the amount of "dev work" needed to include the entire system as a map is... manageable. It's possibly also easier on the server load to get the texts client-side from the mod instead of server-side from flhook.

Also, there are more texts (three times as many topics) in the system I finished on my own, including Combat and History of Sirius topics.

So I'd recommend just making a FLHook command to call up the system's map, which is easier to oversee than multiple console commands.

Is it working now because you used the texts I shortened to be below 1024 characters, or because the bug was fixed? I "upgraded" the texts posted in this thread and fixed some typos too after I shortened them.

If you want to do something with the FLhook tool you made, you may want to do something about server rules (I think you already started something about house laws?), which may change in time more often, or from server to server if this mod ever gets used on multiple servers again (kinda doubt it with the present activity level).
(02-14-2018, 06:12 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]So I'd recommend just making a FLHook command to call up the system's map, which is easier to oversee than console commands.
That would require a client-side hook, which is not only harder, but impossible for me to do given the code for dsace is not public.
(02-14-2018, 06:12 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]Is it working now because you used the texts I shortened to be below 1024 characters, or because the bug was fixed?
The laws plugin is what was causing the bug, and I still have no idea what was causing it. Thats why there are a lot fewer laws now than there were before. Much more streamlined to fix said bug. (My guess is something to do with too many xml tags?)
(02-14-2018, 06:12 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]multiple servers
Personally, I do not care at all about other servers.
Well the Help System map is perfectly easy to access without any FLHook too.

If you can't find a solution for the laws, there's always the solution of making them accessible through the system map the way I did. Are the (exact) texts you're using somewhere on the forum?
(02-14-2018, 06:30 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't find a solution for the laws, there's always the solution of making them accessible through the system map the way I did.
When my entire aim was convenience, this would be the opposite of the intended effect.
(02-14-2018, 06:30 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]Are the (exact) texts you're using somewhere on the forum?
They are not. I had my team help me with its creation.
If you want me to stick them into the Help System you can make them available to me somehow.
(02-14-2018, 06:35 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]If you want me to stick them into the Help System
I do not.
Why not?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7