Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Monster Hunter: World anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title says. Preferably on ps4.
I wish. My life is already consumed and I've played every game leading up to this. Now I've got it on the Xbone and I need it on all the other platforms.

#lance4life
How is it? I looked a lot on reddit especially about this game. People seemed to be "get it get it get it", so I'm waiting my order to arrive home.
(02-12-2018, 05:37 PM)Dave Synk Wrote: [ -> ]How is it? I looked a lot on reddit especially about this game. People seemed to be "get it get it get it", so I'm waiting my order to arrive home.

If you've played the others, then you'll really enjoy this one. The combat is more fluid, fighting monsters is more interesting. There's no more instancing during hunts. It's all one open area. Monsters will fight other monsters. Switch-axes are amazing.
don't u dare make this thread

it's not fair pc players have to wait because sony is scheming under the table :<
(02-12-2018, 05:40 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2018, 05:37 PM)Dave Synk Wrote: [ -> ]How is it? I looked a lot on reddit especially about this game. People seemed to be "get it get it get it", so I'm waiting my order to arrive home.

If you've played the others, then you'll really enjoy this one. The combat is more fluid, fighting monsters is more interesting. There's no more instancing during hunts. It's all one open area. Monsters will fight other monsters. Switch-axes are amazing.

:O Well I haven't played other titles before, but I was looking for this kind of game. It totally sounds cool. When you get it on PS4, give a sign Big Grin
I have no idea about your "scheming" Lyth, but I do know the "major" reason for it being delayed is optimization.

That and I just increased my thirst for this game even more, thanks.
When World was announced they said the PC version would come shortly after the console versions were released (after it had been optimised). And then a week before the console versions came out, they said the PC version would be released 8 months after the console release.

There were heavy rumours going around before World was announced that Sony was trying to put immense pressure on Capcom to make "an upcoming Monster Hunter game" a PS4 exclusive. This was apparently because they were not happy that the franchise was, seemingly, leaving Sony platforms and moving to Nintendo platforms instead. Instead of this, both parties agreed to various exclusive DLC deals for the PS4 edition of the game (with more rumours going around that they still wanted to shaft Xbone version whenever possible).

I'm extremely sceptical that they had to extend the optimisation period of a UE4 from probably 2 months at most to 8 without Sony being involved somehow.
Played it for 30 minutes. Hated 30 minutes of my life.

Simple as that.

Arrows not auto-replenish? Ick.
I've got the xbox one version - but I still prefer MH Tri / 3U...
Pages: 1 2