Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So what is the actual situation in Kusari now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
>expecting Discovery to ever get decent lore in any way, shape, or form

Good joke. Part of this is why writing any kind of Disco story always ends up feeling aimless and disconnected - there's absolutely nothing concrete nailed down anywhere about pretty much anything. Crew numbers, technology levels, what each planet is simply like to live on - nobody has ever given enough of a shit to write any of this down.
(02-18-2018, 02:49 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]>expecting Discovery to ever get decent lore in any way, shape, or form

Good joke. Part of this is why writing any kind of Disco story always ends up feeling aimless and disconnected - there's absolutely nothing concrete nailed down anywhere about pretty much anything. Crew numbers, technology levels, what each planet is simply like to live on - nobody has ever given enough of a ***** to write any of this down.

This reminds me...

Still looking for people to tell me about the history of Gallia. No one except Thyrzul seems to know anything about his or bothered to write it down.

If you know anything about Gallia, you can write it here:

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=153468
(02-18-2018, 02:49 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]>expecting Discovery to ever get decent lore in any way, shape, or form

Good joke. Part of this is why writing any kind of Disco story always ends up feeling aimless and disconnected - there's absolutely nothing concrete nailed down anywhere about pretty much anything. Crew numbers, technology levels, what each planet is simply like to live on - nobody has ever given enough of a ***** to write any of this down.

There's a lot of concrete numbers, but the devs keep them secret so that there would not be even more inter-faction squabbling and drama.
Hm, releasing concrete information and data about what planets are like, how good some factions are equipped/how powerful etc. seems like it would prevent a lot of drama such as "My faction has 300 battleships" when it only has like 10 or something, as an example. Would also not require anyone to run to the devs and annoy them with questions such as "How powerful is faction x" but that is just my assumption.
The dev team has several pages of info covering fleet strengths, planetary populations, population/refugee movements, planetary conditions and mineral wealth. Most of these were kept under wraps for several reasons, the three most obvious being:

1. To stop pointless arguments about "relative strength"

2. Prevent people trying to abuse/unbalance/skew/game numbers

3. Because it makes absolutely no difference to the players anyway

The only time those numbers would mean anything is if the server mechanically enforced the amount of ships available to each faction, and I'm fairly certain that isn't going to happen. All apart from population which can be collected by adding up the numbers listed on infocards (I think most are up to date now).

As for Kusari, well that is up to the respective players to decide.
Pages: 1 2