Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Moonlight Sonata
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Entry log#1

Nerva suddenly wakes up to the sound of alarms beeping all around him.Alright, alright... Can you all just shut up! he taps the consoles couple of times and all the alarms shut down.
Nera start unity's long range... he then remembers that there was no Unity, and there was no Nera. He quickly starts moving his hands all over the main console. To an untrained eye, Nerva's movements would seem random and chaotic.
After a couple of minutes, he stops and a small drone is launched from his ship. Let's see if at least one of the drones are still working.

Drone #5 Feed
[Image: QSgUHFs.gif]

An extremely deformed image starts to appear on his screen. Oh, this is pretty bad... let's see if we can do something.
He then starts to try and adjust the image....

Entry log#2
The closest planet to the Sun seems very active. From my initial analyses it seems it is tidal locked to it's parent star. He then starts to type a short description based on the initial scans. Might as well do something until the drone comes back. Oh... I should also name this planet.
Helheim
Since its average temperature is hotter than the surface of the sun, this planet could well be another circle of hell. A year on this rocky planet only takes five hours, but a trip to its surface would be much shorter. My spaceship wouldn’t even have time to melt in its extreme heat, but would vaporize. At about 12,000 degrees Fahrenheit (6,800 Celsius), the planet itself is evaporating, soon to be another victim of its parent start.
[Image: JAkM1e7.gif]

Entry log#3
Ok, this is a odd one. He was looking at something that seemed to be a failed moon. How the....? How did those three rocks merge like that? That is not normal... The level of radiation was extremly high, and it seemed to be generate by the fragments of rock that were gravitating around the Failed Moon.
[Image: 2vbjXTE.gif]

Entry log#5
This rock seems out of place. He did find it strange that although it was so close to the planet, the large asteroid was not falling towards the it. Now where is it.... there should be a... Nerva circles the base couple of times and the he manages to find what seemed to be a hangar door. Welp, that is a Skull, that is a big a*s skull painted on the hangar door. Realizing that he is not equipped to deal with whatever might come out of that base, Nerva quickly departs from it into the vast emptiness of space.
[Image: q5PQFgu.gif]

Entry log#6
Nerva noticed that this system was giving off a strange feeling of familiarity. It looked a lot like the edge world systems he was so used to.
Inhospitable planets, strange, yet fascinating rock formations... and, of course, radioactive asteroid belts. Welp, I do not have that much food left, and the engine will soon overheat. I should eat what it's left and let the engine cool down a b... Nerva dropped his last sandwich and started staring at the long range scanners. He was shock to see an extremely familiar base signature. But that is a F.... Why.... neah, it can't be...
[Image: o9oE5iD.png]

Entry #What The Actual ?
His engine alarms sound like the end of the world is approaching. Nerva pushed the already beaten up engines to their maximum, trying to get as fast as he can at the coordinates that he saw on the radar. In these moments I do regret using a capital ship for such a long time.
I lost almost all my skill when it comes to fighters.
Suddenly a loud sound is heard inside the cockpit and the Sutinga starts to tremble for several seconds. Just calm down ALREADY! Yelled Nerva at his ship which was acting just a like a crazy horse refusing to obey his jockey. Several seconds later, although it lost a good chunk of its speed, the ship was still cruising at a decent speed. At least I can still engine kill without completely stopping my ship. Fifteen minutes later he was approaching the coordinates, and the base was visible tothe naked eye. He could not believe his eyes... It was a Freeport, he had never seen this freeport's name on any list, but a FREEPORT was right in front of him.
[Image: rCeUP6V.png]

Entry #What The Actual ?
Nerva hails Freeport Pioneer on a direct channel This is Zoner vessel ScTrd/4/2 Prof. Nerva, I am in need of assistance. He waits a bit and then tries again. This is Zoner vessel ScTrd/4/2 Prof. Nerva, I am in need of assistance. Nothing, not even static. Great... another Freeport that does not respond. Suddenly the ships proximity alarms start going crazy, a large ship has been detected. I mean it could not get any worse, right? Mere seconds after he uttered those words, the Freeport's weapon platforms start powering up...
[Image: daYHTsK.jpg]

Entry #No way out
A volley of rockets and cerberuses is coming towards his stranded ship. Not good! NOT GOOD! says Nerva while trying to strafe and dodge, but his engine was not responding. Brace for im... like that would help in this small fighter. He stares at the combination of light and steel that is coming towards him; opens up his last apple cider bottle and prepares to meet his creator.
[Image: v7miomq.jpg]

Entry #Not alone
First projectiles scrape Nerva's ship. The razor plasma bold passes so close to his ship that he is almost blinded by the light.That was close! THAT WAS TOO CLOSE! Second volley comes, his time guided misses. Incoming misses! Incoming misses! Incoming misses! The sound of the alarms was unbearable.You think those are coming for us? You are SUCH A SMART TOASTER! The missiles zoom past him and continue their trajectory further away from the Freeport. Then he suddenly hears a voice on his coms Unknown Voice:Hidin' with the frikkin Zoners? Ay? He was not alone....
[Image: mlfbk9V.gif]

Entry #The Defilers
The missiles zoom past his ship and into the wast emptiness of spac.Those should not have missed, the is no way that those missiles were aimed at me. Unknown Voice:Hidin' with the frikkin Zoners? Ay? He heard the rough sounding voice again.Huh, where does that come from? Unknown Voice:Turn around, ya tool! Nerva slowly turns his ship around and sees the origin of the signal.... from the distance it seemed to be a pirate ship, he then thought it was a Corsair ship. Since they were outside his scanner's range, he could only guess from visual cues.
[Image: nZyRkFm.gif]

Pages: 1 2