Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Attn: University of Cambridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Administrator, University of Cambridge

Greetings,

I do not think that I need to introduce myself. I have lectured often at Cambridge Medical and have sent a lot of my staff there for training as I have taken some study there of my own.
Today, I returned from a trip to Leeds, a trip that I spent but a couple of days planetside. I won't get into the details of the trip but I will only say that what I found was appalling. It is not often I look forward to leaving somewhere but I did this time. I just wish my camera system wasn't taken out by a stray rock as I flew to avoid patrols. Not that I would have been shot at but often explaining to authorities my missions at times makes my blood boil.

I rescued some 500 Bretonian children from Leeds. I found them all with a variety of health conditions ranging from simple filth to starvation to internal injuries. Suffice to say, I stabilized them all and gave them what treatment I could aboard my yacht on the way to Cambridge. I am sure that your people will not mind finishing what I started as you have more assets planetside than my yacht has. I can promise you this, I will return to Leeds and I will rescue more.

I will also be sending you a report on my findings. I would also like to meet with you when time allows. For now, I have a few of the children with me who wouldn't leave the ship. They are the most terrified of the bunch and you have my word as a physician and as a humanitarian that they will be well treated. And please, do not allow the Crown to know of my mission. One spy could ruin everything. They only need to know that someone cares.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
CEO, Med Force Enterprises
University of Cambridge
Date: 19/02/825 A.S.
Subject: Leeds
[Image: 6y9KDVJ.jpg]

Good Evening Doctor.
I must admit I am somewhat surprised to hear about your being on Leeds, and even more surprised to hear you tell me that you have made off with no less than five hundred children. My disapproval of this action is tempered only by your success, we do not send researchers and staff to rescue anyone from Leeds for fear that we will loose them all. However, you are not an active member of the university, and I am aware of numerous staff who do make the occasional trip when no one is looking. Thus I will not hinder your if you choose to do this again, but be aware of the consequences sir.

Your ship will be cleared to land and the medical staff will look after the children you a bringing with you. Child Psychologists will also be present to assess their mental and emotional states. I look forward to this report you speak off, and if it proves to be what I think it is, I may consider sending you on a rather special mission, if you are interested of course.

Scientia, sapientia, patientia

Chancellor William Mortimer
*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Chancellor William Mortimer

Greetings, Chancellor,

I didn't realize my message would find someone of such high ranking. I feel blessed.
Now, if I only did things that people approved of, I'd probably be quite boring nor would I have built my Enterprise. Mark my word, I shall return to Leeds. You will be receiving a preliminary report on your private channel. Probably not a lot of surprises for you but one does need to witness it to truly believe the horror that is now Planet Leeds. If you would rather, I will personally hand deliver it to you on Cambridge. It would, after all, be a good way to start discussing my doing some work for you all there of medical nature and the mission you may have in mind. As I said before, Cambridge is where I send most of my staff for training to include myself.

I am easily reached and look forward to meeting your disapproval with another load of children from my next rescue mission.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
University of Cambridge
Date: 19/02/825 A.S.
Subject: Leeds
[Image: 6y9KDVJ.jpg]

Doctor
I am not surprised by your course of action, and you may do as you wish in regards to the children of Leeds, provided they arrive at Cambridge unharmed. Upon your arrival, I will be more than happy to speak with you when you are here next. I would also like you to meet the dean of the medical school, she would have more of an idea of all medical matters more than I. I'm sure her and you can come to some sort of an arrangement.

Kind regards:
William Mortimer
Chancellor