Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need a small media help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i have a dumb question. I know it aint complicated at all but i wanted to ask u for the simplest way to edit pics like the one i attached to the post, coz i enjoy rp-ing my char and making beautiful pics to compliment the story, which others did for me back then. Thankyou sincerely in advance!
Preferred size?
I use a program called Gimp. I do not know what kind of "Edits" you are trying to make. Size? Blend two pics? But what ever you need. www.gimp.org will have it for you. It is free open source software. Lots of tutorials to help you along as well.
gimp and photoshop are photo/image manipulation software, in that image is a 3d rendered ship, unless you can hand draw to perfection a 3d image, youll need some kind of 3d renderer
Looks like a ingame Picture. The guy was probably in the turret view, moved his camera and edited the background etc. then.

So, for me it looks like he didn't used any 3d renderer etc, since you can clearly see the turets, and where are they aiming, which are they doing when you are using turret view ingame.
good point

although turrets can be added to an object

but yes i see what you mean now

hes done screen grab, and overlayed with a purple layer
(02-21-2018, 09:35 AM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]good point

although turrets can be added to an object

but yes i see what you mean now

hes done screen grab, and overlayed with a purple layer

You got it.
First off, install GIMP, already linked it to you few posts above. It's a cool software, much better than a Photoshop. Why? It's free to use and it has ~80MB installation, so you can get it easily.

I'l assume you want the result like the picture above ( cool in-game pic ) so I'l explain you how to do that. First, go in-game. Under the "Controls" find the "User interface". There, you'l find control called "Disable HUD". Add a key to it, preferably one that you will not accidentally press while playing. Now, when you're ready to take a screenshot, hit the "Disable HUD" button, and if you have time, wait for few seconds so all server messages disappear from the screen to get a clear picture (or disable "Show joining players" and "Show leaving players" in the Launcher ) . Take it with Print-Screen button.

If you had no time to wait for a perfect shot, and there's a nasty text, message or something in your screen you'd not like to be there, GIMP has a tool called "Clone tool". Use it by clicking on it, then while holding Ctrl, click on part of the background that is exactly the same as background below the text. Clone it above the text. Takes time to figure it out, but I've managed to remove stuff from in-game screens perfectly, so it is possible.

The result is this

Now, to add some cool color to it, GIMP offers another tool. Go under "Colors" menu and click on "Colorize". After moving the Hue to 285, adding a bit of Lightness and Saturation, you get this

GIMP offers tons of filters too, you can find them under "Filters". The section I'm mostly using is "Artistic". Subtly adding those effects really make FL screens look nice. But hey, I won't explain everything to you, I'l just say - go play with them, you'l figure it out.

Edit: Right, few more things. "Crop Tool" for cropping the image, "File" > "Export as" for saving the image. Make sure you turn it into .jpg format by just typing it under the Name, as it'l lower the size of images greatly. Upload it to Imgur or some other web service, resize it using the DiscoveryGC forum photo resizer - "Insert an image" and write new resolution. This way, the quality remains perfect, while GIMPs resizer messes it up.
To all of you, sincere thanks for the input! Dino, i got two words for you - love you man! Well, thats three..