Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Heung Hideyoshi, Daimyo Augus, The Blood Dragons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1a.png][Image: 7.png]

Honorable Dragons,

As you already know yesterday about 1700 SMT an anomaly connecting an uncharted system with Shikoku emerged in the system. The event has been picked up by Leiden Spyglass Network and we dispatched our scout wing to investigate. Upon getting there we encountered two vessels belonging to the Defilers being under attack by a large force of the Kusari Naval Forces, in total over four destroyers and about five small vessels. Our scouts attempted to support the Defilers but according to our knowledge all friendly vessels were destroyed.

We had previous dealings with the Defilers. I am disclosing an archived communication and a short dossier we have compiled after our initial contact.

Later on we have sent a full wing to scout the uncharted system. Close to the anomaly there is a planet with a moon turned into a base of the Defilers. In the north-east part of the system there is a base belonging to the opposing group called Pioneers. Upon finding it we have encountered a wing of Kusari Naval Forces. We have engaged them and shot down one of their vessels. Afterwards, the Pioneer opened fire and set their base defenses against us, instantly vaporized one of our vessels before we have managed to withdraw. The Defiler present at the scene invited us to their base in order to discuss possible cooperation. Later on we have invited the wing commanded by Daimyo Augus to join us.

The Defilers are worried about the widening anomaly. Right now only small vessels could use the wormhole to get to Defilers home world. However, if the current trends continue soon larger vessels will be able to slip through. It is only a matter of time before a large fleet of KNF invades the system. Defilers need support and are looking for allies. They posses a number of unique technological curiosities they are willing to share.

I would like to advise you to investigate the intelligence I have attached in this message. The Professorship believes aligning with the Defilers it is a good opportunity to strike the KNF and gain valuable technology.

Sayonara,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Opening transmission...

[Image: Ufd7Ctn.png]
[Image: 0yTmaDcm.jpg]
[Image: i2gPoJQ.png]

Encryption: High.

Sender: Sakurai Augus.

Recipient: Professor Nicole Hunter.

Konbanwa, Professor.

Even through i am not obliged to speak on behalf of the Shogunate as a whole - i will speak on behalf of my Clan: i have reviewed the information you have provided, i have had a chance for the conversation with one of the Defilers in person, and their words sound... honest. Even through this is just my opinion - i find it an enough evidence to assist the Defilers. We can not do a lot yet and we are quite short on resources keeping in mind the goals we're setting before our Clan... i will make sure to dispatch additional Clan assets to The Moon - as soon as we recieve the docking clearance. As by now - we will observe and make sure to fend off any Naval ships that will try to make their path into the system.
Let us hope the situation will not escalate at a too fast pace.
Dragon of Augus have spoken it's word.

Transmission terminated.

[Image: uRh4tnF.png]
The Augus clan.
Thinking beyond thought, being of non-being,
Certainty without reason and vision beyond seeing.
Everything and nothing, both infinite and finite.

[Image: avatar_30918.png?dateline=1449208332]
The Hideyoshi Shogunate
[Image: ZGmzd3s.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: RMOuwLa.png]

Encryption: High

Recipient: Nicole Hunter, Daimyo Augus

Sender: Heung Hideyoshi

Subject: Uncharted

Nicole Hunter

The Shogunates influence over and understanding of this situation is minimal and unreliable and as such we are unable to form a hard stance until more information is received. From my knowledge, there are two sides, the "Pioneers" and the "Defilers" if the names in which they have chosen to give themselves stand for anything at all then I fear we may have chosen the wrong side. The Shogun is not willing to condemn the "Pioneers" until we are presented with more information on them, such as why are they there, a reasonably accurate account of military and defence assets and a more detailed description of both sides philosophies.

That said, I understand how volatile these situations can be, and if action is delayed for too long we may find ourselves with enemies on both sides. Sakurai Augus you clan is clear to proceed how you see fit but it is advised that you make your way to Mito Shipyards at first as the Shogun has given your clan temporary access to the Yanabashi. May it serve your clan well for the next few weeks.

Arigato,
Heung Hideyoshi,
Shogunate Treasurer and Representative of Shogun Hideyoshi.

...uploading.data...

Konbanwa Hideyoshi-san,

We do also sympathize with true Zoner movements who struggle to maintain their freedom and independence far away from corporate and governmental oppression. The Lane Hackers are not interested in harming The Pioneers. From my understanding there was a certain equilibrium in the uncharted system. This understanding between the two groups has been broken by the Shikoku anomaly.

The reason why we decided to side with the Defilers are purely pragmatic. First and foremost, The Defilers posses a military-grade technology we would like to understand. Secondly, the Kusari Naval Forces have sided with the Pioneers and relocated a large fleet to Shikoku. The last thing we want is the KNF to increase their presence so significantly so close to Leiden. Your reasons could be similar. It is opportunity for you to hit the KNF hard and boost the Yamato project.

Sayonara,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

The Hideyoshi Shogunate

Professor Nicole Hunter

Do you believe that this equilibrium could be restored by disabling the Shikoku anomaly, or have the two side gone too far past this stage? I agree with you, harming Zoners isn't something the Shogunate would want to do either but if they have sided with the KNF then I am unsure if we really can consider them free and independent. What is the Lane Hackers next course of action and how can we assist?.

Arigato,
Heung Hideyoshi,

...uploading.data...

Konbanwa Hideyoshi-san,

It is highly probable that after the disintegration of the anomaly things will settle in this uncharted system. Especially, if we consider that so far we have seen little hostility between the two groups. All clashes and skirmishes we have recorded until now were aimed against the invading KNF. Recently we have sent several small shipments of food and basic amenities to the Moon. Besides that we are monitoring KNF movements and are prepared to disrupt their logistic lines.

Perhaps the Shogunate could temporarily relocate more of their assets to Shikoku to strengthen our position there? Morioka could serve as a perfect staging point for any operations in the region.

Sayonara,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

The Hideyoshi Shogunate

Professor Nicole Hunter

If it appears to be that outside influence has caused the rift between the two groups then perhaps it would be best if we permanently shut down the anomaly, that would require a vast amount of power and would not be worth doing for peace alone. We took your advice a stationed heavier vessels in the system, our forces then successfully pushed pushed back back Navy forces, severely damaging two capital vessels whilst suffering minor damage to our own.

While we have the upper hand it might be best that we try to take control of the situation to see if we could broker a diplomatic solution to their fighting, this way both the Lane Hackers and The Shogunate would be able to secure further agreements such as technology and resource exchanges with both parties. It may be a bit of a long shot but with our current stance of neutrality towards both sides, I feel it is worth trying. If you agree to our plan we could really do with your help.

We are unable to haul resources through the uncharted system in any reasonable measure, would you be able to arrange for a supply package, similar of that your forces sent to the Defilers to be sent this time to the Pioneers of the Freeport as a token of good faith during the upcoming attempts of diplomacy?

Arigato,
Heung Hideyoshi,

...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear Mr Hideyoshi,

It is a bit unfortunate you did not manage to inform us about your planned operation in Uncharted last week. If we knew considerably earlier we could have arranged a support wing not to mention our two destroyers which are on stand by mode in Galileo. However, I am glad you prevailed and defeated our common enemy.

As for a truce brokerage I do believe this is a very bold idea worth exploring. I have not received an official response from The Defilers for almost two weeks now. I will see if my contacts within TAZ can organize a meeting with Pioneers' leader. I will let you know if there is any progress on that front.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

The Hideyoshi Shogunate

Konniciwa, Professor Nicole Hunter

Although I appreciate your offer of assistance, I fear that if Lane Hacker military forces had have been involved in this conflict it may have led the Pioneers to believe that we were attacking the Naval forces on the Defilers behalf. Regardless, we managed to remove the KNF influence without any noticeable losses and without encountering the Pioneers. I will await a response from you regarding the TAZ relationship.

Arigato,
Heung Hideyoshi,

...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear Mr Hideyoshi,

A message was directed to the Pioneers by TAZ. Unfortunately, there was no answer so far. I have a feeling we might be forced to wait much longer for any reverse communication from both Pioneers and Defilers.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter