Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: .:j:. Junker Congress Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
.:j:. - Junker Congress - .:j:.
[Image: avatar_7714.png?dateline=1464120333]

This is James Trenton. I address you now. Yes, you -- the Junker who wants to be more than another rodent scurrying about the wastes for his next meal and another day's oxygen for his CSV. Do you wish to be more? Do you crave dignity? Do you wish a better life for yourself, your family, for the Junkers next to you and abroad?

Then join us.

Join the Congress, and earn a better life for us all.

If you believe you are able to contribute to a brighter future for the Congress and all Junkers, submit your application here.

What will be expected of you:

Secrecy
- In becoming an operative for us, you will learn much about many different organizations. It is expected of you to keep such matters secret. It is expected of you to keep your knowledge of such matters secret. In our knowledge is our strength. In our apparent ignorance, we gain more knowledge. Keep silent and keep learning.
Subtlety
- We operate in places where we are subject to the laws of certain houses. We are allowed to operate in these places because we perform a vital service. While we may allegedly play host to parties and trade in commodities that they may frown upon, we do not advertise this. We can not afford to be painted as criminals. As long as we perform vital services and act as contributing members of society, while keeping any possible deals with the underworld off the radar, we will continue to be allowed to operate.
Discretion
- We maintain the appearance of a salvage operation. You, as a result, should be constantly seen by the locals when hauling salvage, and invisible when acting in the true nature of our organization. Remember, the weaker we appear, the greater the advantage we possess when the time comes to toss any pretenses aside.
Loyalty
- We look out for one another. You may have friends outside our organization, but your loyalty is to Junkers and the Congress first and foremost. We are your true friends, and your true family.

We are open for new Junkers who are willing to fill out this form:

This is your call forward, the first step on the path toward a new age for our society.

Come forth and seize your destiny.

Come forth and join us.

Power -- Profitability -- Security -- Freedom
Name: Juliette, Gagnon

Birthday and Birthplace: 801 A.S. - Rheinland, Planet New Berlin

Biography: Juliette Gagnon was born on planet New Berlin, on which her mother (Juliana Gagnon) lived. Juliette was named by her father and her name is derived from her mothers name, as she died during birth. She was raised by her german father (Duncan Gagnon) and they lived on his ship which was named Juliana to honour her mother. He was a Junker who dealt with scrap and smuggling, his English was just good enough to communicate but Juliette never had the chance to learn proper English. In addition to that he was a thug and alcoholic but he taught her everything she needed to know to survive even in the darkest corners of Sirius. Her father had about 13 crew members who were a bunch of criminals with an enormous alcohol consumption. Eventhough they were drunk almost all the time, you could always count on them. Juliette was used to their rough and brutal way of life and she called them her family.

When she was almost 18 years old, her father got killed in a bar fight (in which he got involved at least once a week). Juliette inherited everything he owned, thus his ship Juliana as well. From now on she was the captain and continued her fathers work. As time went on she improved the methods her father taught her and she increased the profit by dealing with premium scrap and improving her smuggle routes so she never got seen or caught doing it. One thing she does as well as her father did is kicking Xenos' and Hogoshas butts.

During her time as a captain she made a great sum of money so she bought a Salvager as a second ship. She installed strong weapons and upgraded the ships armour significantly. She named the ship 'Roter.Tag' ('Red.Day') as everyone who tried to fight it with her as a captain experienced a day ending in blood. In most cases she used the ship to support other Junkers in fights with Xenos, Hogosha or other fractions.

Nevertheless she spends most of her time with her family (her crew) on her ship Juliana.

How fast can you repair a broken Salvager?: I never stopped the time, but I'm faster than most guys.

How good are you at selling Premium Scrap to a stranger?: In most cases, I make a profit of 8000-9000 per unit and if I use my femininity even more, but it only works with men.

What would you do when you get caught smuggling?: I never got seen or caught doing it so far.

How good is your knowledge about Puerto Rico?: It is my home.

Which ships are you already owning?: A Pilgrim liner called Juliana and a Salvager called Roter.Tag .

OORP Part

Post the ID rules of the Junker ID here: The Junkers are a group of smugglers and black market traders who maintain a legal front through scrap peddling. They are rumored to deal with a lot of unlawful factions, but are enemies of the Xenos and the Hogosha.
Pilot carrying this quasi-lawful ID is a member of the Junkers, who:

Can attack any ships in self-defense, to protect another Junker ship, or in defense of a Junker base.
Can demand cargo and credits from ships outside of Rheinland, Liberty and Bretonian house space, and attack them if they do not comply.
Can attack Xenos and Hogosha anywhere.
Cannot use any transport with more than 4,300 cargo.
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats

Are you allowed to pirate in Liberty as a Junker?: No it is not allowed.

Do you got any interaction with a Congress member so far, if yes, what was his ship/charname?: Unfortunately not.

Your Skype or Discord details: Discord = Julie#7878 ; Skype = https://join.skype.com/invite/e4nyjBfD3PDW

Mrs. Gagnon, we are sorry to hear that your mother died directly at the beginning of your life and your father in the later years. The Congress is able to give you a hand so you can get a new and bigger family, of course we know that we can't replace your old one.

Move yourself to Puerto Rico and visit Arbiter Rick Tiltman at the Ruff Tuff bar on the Vieques Shipyard to get introduced in your new family.
>>>Encryption Active<<<

>>>Cross-reference all data and biometric tags with archived Congress records<<<
Name: Hannibal Bishop

Birthday and Birthplace: September 30, Whitecote Megacity District 44-J, Planet Leeds

Biography:

Here's the short version, minus all the juicy bits.

> Bretonian clan junker
> shifted over into arms dealing in Liberty
> Sold a Xeno affiliated militia some sabotaged small arms on Houston through an intermediary
> It went badly, they tracked him down and shot him nearly dead, leaving him as he tumbled into a biomass processing culture.
> He was saved by a group of affluent junkers known as the Congress.
> Much of his body is a gestalt of cybernetics and synthetic flesh, it's not quite seamless and so he moves slowly with a distinct limp.
> Went on to join the Congress
> Captained the gunship Caveat Emptor, enforcing the Yanagi Depot NFZ and securing diplomatic and trade relations with the GMG for a period.
> Vladimir Tinkerbell stepped down as Arbiter, Hannibal accepted the mantle alongside Jack Crow
> Some time later, Bishop stepped aside to pursue covert goals
> Lost contact in Gallia while returning confirmed Gallic Junker double agents to their house of origin, in exchange for information.
> It was around this time the GJ were being liquidated by the Crown
> Bishop is unable to confirm his returning prisoners was coincidental in the timing of this event
> Has been in intelligence extraction site for years, hatched a do-or-die escape attempt upon overheard intel about a fleet maneuver to New London that would use the debris field as cover
> Failed to reach Trafalgar in time

How fast can you repair a broken Salvager?: Could be a day, could be a six month overhaul. Who needs this done and how much do they want to pay?

How good are you at selling Premium Scrap to a stranger?: People snap up my wares almost as though I threatened to shoot them if they didn't. Funny how that is.

What would you do when you get caught smuggling?: I have a permit for that. And the three thousand others.

How good is your knowledge about Puerto Rico?: Different than it used to be. Committed a lost crewman to the rift once, he died aboard my ship defending Yanagi from a major Wild assault. Wish he'd been the only one I've lost over the years.

Which ships are you already owning?: Serenity-class transport Spirit of Trafalgar. All I could get with what I had left. A lot of my assets were tied up there. Guessing most of them got scavved. Ironic.

OORP Part

Post the ID rules of the Junker ID here: Pilot carrying this quasi-lawful ID is a member of the Junkers, who:

Can attack any ships in self-defense, to protect another Junker ship, or in defense of a Junker base.
Can demand cargo and credits from ships outside of Rheinland, Liberty and Bretonian house space, and attack them if they do not comply.

Are you allowed to pirate in Liberty as a Junker?: *sigh* no.

Do you got any interaction with a Congress member so far, if yes, what was his ship/charname?: Recently? Haven't run into you guys much.

Your Skype or Discord details: Rudo#4135

>>> END ENCRYPTION <<<

Mrs. Bishop,
as a returning Congressman you're always welcomed!

Move yourself to Puerto Rico and visit Arbiter Rick Tiltman at the Ruff Tuff bar on the Vieques Shipyard to get your old transponder back.
Name: Bubba Nelson

Birthday and Birthplace: February 22nd, Pittsburgh

Biography:

Hell, I ain't think me life's complex 'nough t'need one'a these. 'S like I'm a fancy author er sumthin'. I tell ya what, I was born on Pittsburgh. 'S like a regular craphole under'a port'o'potty but I made it work. Started demo'in' all them abandoned properties as a teen, moved up t'scrappin' 'soon as m'pop'd let me go fer my flyin' with wot money I done earned. 'M a simple man, always been workin' wit' my hands since I's can 'member. 'Came a junkie an' moved my rear end t'Beaumont an' been scrappin' an' repairin' ever since. Been 'bout twenty years now. Ain't no thing to it. 'Ccasional odd job 'o take this there an' that back an' this'un right here t'there but y'know how it goes.

How fast can you repair a broken Salvager?: Wot ye talkin' 'bout 'ow fast? Wasnae 'nyone faster'n m'station. I've eaten, slept an' banged 'n these beautiful women fer years now.

How good are you at selling Premium Scrap to a stranger?: M'pop always taught me ya can sell anythin' ya want at wotever price iffin the customers stupid 'nough. Rings true, it does. Hell, 've sold scrap ain't worth wipin' yer rear with fer premium prices. Corporate suckers're suckers wit' deep pockets.

What would you do if you get caught smuggling by a member of law enforcement? What about if you're stopped by a bandit while smuggling?: Smugglin'?! Aw hell, wot'd they put in me 'old on Trafalgar? I don't know nothin' 'bout no artifacts, 'm jus' takin' these here crates from point A t'point B. I ain't paid to check wot's wot in 'em, ya can def'nitely confiscate them an' I'll see wot I can scrounge up fer who's the dirty lil' cheat connin' m'into carryin' 'is illicit goods, I tell ya what! Bandito only gon' need some dosh, isnae problem.

What knowledge do you possess of the Puerto Rico systen, if any?: Isnae been on me travel brochure, got plenty'o work t'do elsewheres.

What ships do you already own?: Salvager, 'course!

OORP Part

Post the ID rules of the Junker ID here:

Are you allowed to pirate in Liberty as a Junker?: Only if you pre-empt it with an irus) in local. (No.)

Have you had any interaction with a Congress member thus far? If yes, what was his/her shop or character name: Have interacted in the past with various characters. Usually on my xeno. Nobody in particular rings a bell.

Your Skype or Discord details: thatthirdguy.. and Evo#9142

~ Message Lost ~
Name: James Wheeler

Birthday and Birthplace: August 8th, 780 AS

Biography: Well there aint much to tell, really...

I was born on a Hegemon-Class miner in the scrap-yards of Texas. We were stuck in the fields after some scrap interfered with our comms and we got lost, leading to use getting lost about 20 000K below the average-surface, or so the story goes. My mom was pregnant with me and they had no choice but to do the delivery right there on the cold hard floor of the beaten-up miner. I came into this world knwong nothing but second best and backup plans.

Fast-forward 12 years and I'm fixin' up some old rusty Help-Bot and my dad stumbles through the walkway, his intestines charred, filling the room with the smell of singed flesh and running blood. I wanted to run and get help, but he pulled me close and simply said: "Son, do better than me. Be the man I never was..." Those words run through my head up until this day. I will never forget them, nor will I forget the smell of burnt skin and Xeno-fueled blasters.

How do I know? I worked with anything I could find. One day I picked up an old blaster from our local scrapyard, must have been dropped by some passer-by. My dad said it was Xeno. I looked around at anything I could shoot with it, and I saw some bottles stacked up by Old Man Jimmy: He must have been drinking there. I shot the blaster and the woft of smell instantly shot up my nose, and believe me it isn't a smell that you want to remember.

Anyway, after the ordeal my mom shipped me to the Omegas. I worked at some bar on Freeport-1 for 9 years, saving up for that Eagle in the docking bay. I wanted it so bad, that I considered stealing it more than once. Bar tending does not make as much as you would expect on a space station as renown and frequently used as Freeport-1. I never made the money, instead I was to be shipped back on the first flight home. We barely left the base until a group of pirates commandeered our ship, killing every captain and crewman they found. I have seen death, one too many times.

A blaster lay by my feet, must have been one of the guards'. I picked it up, aimed, and shot. I went into a hallucinatory dream-state. My body was not my own. I shot every single pirate. i too sustained quite a lot of injuries myself, don't get me wrong. I'm no Rambo...

I sold that ship for the last amount I needed to buy my dream-ship. I hesitated. No.... I didn't want this. I want to trade. If I buy this ship, I will become what killed my childhood so long ago... The Serenity....

That's me today, I pilot The Serenity. I still owe many pilots credits and hope to pay them back sooner rather than later. I hate debt....

How fast can you repair a broken Salvager?: I can fix anything with an electric current, at half the price of the next vendor with double the quality and triple the warranty, for a small fee, of course!

How good are you at selling Premium Scrap to a stranger? I can sell a rock to the President of Rheinland by simply advertising it as "Ze Rock" and slapping a half-off sign on it. Long story short, pretty quckly...

What would you do if you get caught smuggling by a member of law enforcement? What about if you're stopped by a bandit while smuggling?:I would rather use my wit rather than my fire-power. I don't like unnecessary violence, although it is quite satisfying to see a Xeno ship burn into the horizon... In case of law-enforcement I would simply oblige to their rules. They are anyway too stupid to think of anything else if I end up doing what they don't expect: Listening.

What knowledge do you possess of the Puerto Rico system, if any?: I don't know much about it. I stumbled into the tradelane once thinking I was somewhere else: The navmap was acting up again. Fixed my ship and sobered up at Vieques Shipyard before I was shot at by multiple pirates. Bottle in one hand and Steering-Stick in the other I bolted out and headed for Texas.

What ships do you already own?: Well I fly the Serenity, best ship I have ever l had ever had the honor to fly. Called her Ol.Faithful. Looking to get myself a Salvager though, just for the mining.

OORP Part

The Junkers are a group of smugglers and black market traders who maintain a legal front through scrap peddling. They are rumored to deal with a lot of unlawful factions, but are enemies of the Xenos and the Hogosha.

- Can attack any ships in self-defense, to protect another Junker ship, or in defense of a Junker base.
- Can demand cargo and credits from ships outside of Rheinland, Liberty and Bretonian house space, and attack them if they do not comply.
- Can attack Xenos and Hogosha anywhere.
- Cannot use any transport with more than 4,300 cargo.

Are you allowed to pirate in Liberty as a Junker?: I am revolted by the thought of pirating, but I would not bat an eye in helping a fellow citizen or better yet a junker to take down a Xeno smuggler. It is wrong to pirate otherwise under these conditions.

Have you had any interaction with a Congress member thus far? If yes, what was his/her shop or character name: I found out how to join the group by speaking to one of the members called "Juliana" with the tag before her name of course.

Your Skype or Discord details: Jamickin#5476

Mr. Nelson,
even as a simple man, you are more then welcomed to the Junker Congress.

Move yourself to Puerto Rico and visit Arbiter Rick Tiltman at the Ruff Tuff bar on the Vieques Shipyard to get your new transponder.

Mr. Wheeler,
as a born Junker and following your history life was never easy for you. I think the Junker Congress can change that and finally show you the good side of the life.

Move yourself to Puerto Rico and visit Arbiter Rick Tiltman at the Ruff Tuff bar on the Vieques Shipyard to get your new transponder.
Name: Ian "Wolf" Howler

Birthday and Birthplace: 25 August, 798 AS, Planet Manhattan? Rochester? Unsure.

Biography:

I am the son of a Junker father and a plain civilian mother.
Their ideals always clashed, and for the first many years of my life, I didn't like Junkers.
That changed when I was a young teen...I came to respect everything they stand for.
Now, being older, I realize that I was born a Junker, and that it runs in my veins with fury.
It just took too long to realize it.

Quite recently, my father passed his torch to me.
This came along with his ship and his scrap operations.
Part of me always suspected this would happen.
Overnight I went from wanting to be in space again, to being in space again...

Problem was I had to learn ship repair, and quick!
The CSF I inherited worked quite fine...the Salvager was another story.
I have since quietly grown quite a personal wealth, and my own fleet to choose from depending on mood.
Ship and weapon repair has become quite enjoyable for me, even if I don't know what every doohickey is called.

Since becoming a fully-fledged Junker, and not just a son of rust...
I have felt fulfilled by my own actions for the first time in my in my life.
Ah, yes, I have only been at this a few months now.

All in all, I'm not very interesting.
I am, however hard-working and mostly honest.

How fast can you repair a broken Salvager?: Best case, in an hour or so. Worst case, within a day or two...depends what's broken.

How good are you at selling Premium Scrap to a stranger?:
You ask why you would want to buy scrap?
Well, it's extremely versatile! Our Premium Scrap contains salvageable-quality hull panels, and other reusable and refurbish-able ship parts.
Anything you don't need can be melted down, as well.
Not to mention it's much more affordable than buying new materials or parts, at the same or comparable quality.

Ah -- you'll take the lot? Good deal, smart man!

What would you do if you get caught smuggling by a member of law enforcement? What about if you're stopped by a bandit while smuggling?:
"Huh? What contraband?
Oh...wow. You're right.
Must have been among the wreckage of that Hogosha I put out to pasture.
My bad, I tractored in everything that looked salvageable."
If they fine me anyhow, I'll of course comply. No need to fight the law.
As for bandits...I suppose they're just easier to pay off, unless the situation looks like I could end them.

What knowledge do you possess of the Puerto Rico system, if any?:
It is our home system, where we operate a smelter and our shipyard.
I'm more than sure that more goes on under the surface.
If memory serves correctly, we build our Salvagers on Viques.
There is a strange anomaly known as The Puerto Rican Rift which can eat all but the most heavily armored ships, but it's rather interesting isn't it?
We have jump connections to Bering and New Hampshire, though for travel I'd say the former is safer.
Ah, yes, isn't there also a Rogue depot of some sort?

What ships do you already own?:
I currently own:
A heavily armed and armored Combat Service Freighter (Personal)
A Gitano (Personal)
A Salvager (Commerce)
An AS-1300 Retrofit Transport (Commerce)
And a TTR-1130 Series Pilgrim Liner (Commerce)

OORP Part

- Can attack any ships in self-defense, to protect another Junker ship, or in defense of a Junker base.
- Can demand cargo and credits from ships outside of Rheinland, Liberty and Bretonian house space, and attack them if they do not comply.
- Can attack Xenos and Hogosha anywhere.
- Cannot use any transport with more than 4,300 cargo.

Are you allowed to pirate in Liberty as a Junker?: Absolutely not!

Have you had any interaction with a Congress member thus far? If yes, what was his/her ship or character name:
Tiltman (He was flying .:j:.N.S.A) (I was flying my ship named Oxide)

Your Skype or Discord details: Galaxian#0648
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9