Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Guys...FL universe IS about capital ships.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

After playing SoSE with Tomislav ive come down to sudden realization.

Gunboats and cruisers are 80% of any house fleet and its NORMAL.
Its not about capwhores or pvp abuse but its logical rp here.

Cruisers, fregates, gunboats are the 80% of an army. Battleships are for bigger battles, bombers are made ONLY to take down those cruiser and fighters are made ONLY to counter those bombers.

So basically the everyday millitary ship is a Cruiser.
Fighters are paired up with bombers to protect your cruisers from the enemy cruisers and bombers.

So the usual "fighter only/bomber only" armies are oorp much?

Not really, still cheaper to outfit a fighter (30mil or so) than a cap, but, yeah.

Also that SoSE has win.
Sindroms... too far:P
what is SoSE?
80% is too high in my opinion.

Discovery is whatever you want it to be. It doesn't revolve around capships for me, I get by just fine in a fighter.

And don't be so insulting; fighters are not ONLY for destroying bombers. Fighters were here first.

Noo, im not insulting, im not x.x

Just saying things make more sense now.

and SoSE is

Sins of Solar Empire.

Www.youtube.com go look it up.

And i dont mean it should evolve around capships. Just that capspam is more or less explained now.
GTFO Capwhore!

No really, as much as we want 'realism' in this game, you gotta realize that Freelancer wasn't designed to have playable capital ships. In my opinion, Freelancer's capital ships are just larger and slower fighter ships, with bigger guns. So combat isn't that close to what it's supposed to be, that's why there's this bad relationship between capital ship users and the rest... To me, capital ships are a brilliant roleplay instrument, and they're a must need on this server. Just not in industrial quantities.
You cant base what disco should be like compared to another game that is completely unrelated.

Do the singleplayer campaign for freelancer again. 90% of what you encounter is fighters/bombers, with larger ships being used as command centers and heavy firepower for those fighter groups.

Tenacity, ffs, im not saying im telling you how to do things. Im just sharing how i see, thus showing that capspam is more or less normal x.x im not pressing my opinions on anyone. jeez.

Edit: what you said, that only means that the fight is between the big ships as its always the true victory when a BS falls. Just saying if you reffer to them as command centers, then its the goal to kill them.
' Wrote:Tenacity, ffs, im not saying im telling you how to do things. Im just sharing how i see, thus showing that capspam is more or less normal x.x im not pressing my opinions on anyone. jeez.

Edit: what you said, that only means that the fight is between the big ships as its always the true victory when a BS falls. Just saying if you reffer to them as command centers, then its the goal to kill them.

Tenacity makes good points. You're acting like spazdragon a bit here. I can't speak for him, but I know you're not telling the community what to do. You would have been hung, drawn and quartered by now.:P

Capspam is not justified in Discovery.
The genius of the twitching dragon prevails yet again!

Tis a pity such revelations are wasted, for lolwutters and such would surely corrupt the purity of this idea!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6