Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: That throwback game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's the game or series of games that you always return from time to time and why?

My all time personal favorite will be Mass Effect. Usually during this period of the year I start playing the trilogy (and now Ill continue with Andromeda). An interesting feeling is that, I cannot recall why i have this trigger to play during spring the series, but it has to do to some sentiment I got a lot of years back when it coincided in the same period.

Still, I consider it to be always a well-done series and the forever flagship of PC sci-fi gaming. It always makes me wonder over the distant planets with the Mako or just depth into the scale of events, as you run here and there you remember the impending doom that it is to come.
Andromeda is an awful game. I really really recommend avoiding it. The trilogy is great and I sunk thousands of hours into ME3 in particular because of the multiplayer, but please please do not buy Andromeda. Watch a YouTube playthrough if you must, but it does not deserve a penny of your money.

I'm so excited to play some Tiberian Sun, though. That is far and away the best C&C game.
Discovery Freelancer. I thought there was escape, but I was wrong.
(02-27-2018, 01:21 AM)Dave Synk Wrote: [ -> ]What's the game or series of games that you always return from time to time and why?

You mean, aside from Freelancer?

The original Mega Man series. They're an old favourite.
[Image: MyRfHoQ.png]

Starbound. Currently playing it with Skorak (and effing KamiFaby who stole my Afro wig). I love to grind in that game since you have solid things you want to go for in order to get better. Upgrading the Matter Manipulator, the ship, getting all tech upgrades, upgrading the mech, building a space station, getting all kinds of unique items, getting Vault Keys, doing the main quests, doing them again for the rewards, capturing all the monsters, bugs, fishes, designing the interior of ship and starbase, building a colony on a planet, doing quests for your own people, getting a full crew, etc.

And then the Steam Workshop kicks in.
After Tiberian Sun try out the Twisted Insurrection mod. It's standalone and explores the alternate universe where Nod won the first game. You might like it!
(02-27-2018, 01:33 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ][Image: MyRfHoQ.png]

Starbound. Currently playing it with Skorak (and effing KamiFaby who stole my Afro wig). I love to grind in that game since you have solid things you want to go for in order to get better. Upgrading the Matter Manipulator, the ship, getting all tech upgrades, upgrading the mech, building a space station, getting all kinds of unique items, getting Vault Keys, doing the main quests, doing them again for the rewards, capturing all the monsters, bugs, fishes, designing the interior of ship and starbase, building a colony on a planet, doing quests for your own people, getting a full crew, etc.

And then the Steam Workshop kicks in.

I almost forgot about that game. Do you guys play on a particular server?
Far Cry 2.
Starcraft, Marathon, Freespace if it counts. Not sure it can/should given how well maintained it is.
Mechwarrior, Starcraft, Warcraft (3 in particular), Stronghold, Battlefront (the old ones).

Off of the computer though? Dragon Quest, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon (yes really), Robotech Battlecry, The World Ends With You.
Pages: 1 2 3