Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
' Wrote:[Image: f_TheOrderFacm_65bdb81.png]
Faction Name: The Order
Faction Tag: Order|

Affiliation/ID: The Order / The Order Guard

Systems controlled: Omicron Minor
Systems owned: Omicron 100

Naming Conventions

Fighters and Bombers:
- Order|<firstname>.<lastname>
- Order|<codename>

Capital Ships:
- Order|<shipname>

“In 800 A.S, the defenders of a supposed extinct species known to humans as the “Nomads”, invade first the Rheinland house, and infest the leaders of the government. On a diplomatic envoy to visit the President of Liberty, the Rheinland diplomat is killed by a group of terrorists known only as “The Order”. After this event, Order agents are seen throughout serious committing what may seem to be terrorist acts. However their true targets are the attackers to humanity, the Nomads. The alien species has the capability to infect a human and presume control over its body. The plan; to turn the houses of Sirius against each other in order so that an attack by the Nomads can be successful. However in 801 A.S, the Order successfully manages to drive the Nomads back through an ancient jump gate they discovered, and since that day on, the Order has kept the aliens at bay and are ready defenders for all of humanity.”

“Leader of the Order was an ex LSF agent named Casper Orillion. Once he saw the problems rising within Liberty, he and a group of loyal followers stole Liberty’s new prototype warship, dubbed it “Osiris” and escaped into the depths of the Omicron systems, from where they launched their campaigns against the Nomads. To this day the Order maintains its home system in the Omicron’s and has an influence in surrounding systems. While Orillion ruled the Order, which was in essence, fairly small at the time, a small wing of elite pilots led by Jonathan Pryde arose to fly high-risk and dangerous missions for the Order. Once the great leader of the Order, Casper Orillion, passed away, Pryde came into control and became Grand Admiral of the Order. Pryde’s group of elite fighters came into control of the Order and for ~15+ standard years, Black Squadron was ruling the Order, with only small amounts of Order members flying independently for specialized missions. Pryde passed down leaderships to a young man named Dustin Hoff, who commanded the Order for the most time out of any other leader. After his retirement, a rather quiet man, known only as “Helljumper” became leader. Helljumper however, ruled for the shortest amount of time, as he himself retired, leaving Adrian McKinley in command of the Order. This was 816 A.S.”

“By the year 816 A.S, the Order was no longer a small fleet controllable by one man. Members from all reaches of Sirius had joined, and the “fleet” expanded into the main body and various smaller forces. The Order had also discovered a new system within the Omicrons and declared it their home. Having established friendly relations with the Corsair and Zoner factions, as well as hostilities with the Liberty and Bounty Hunter factions, the Order became a larger body. Naturally, a power struggle began, as many believed no one man should be “supreme leader” of the Order. Seeing these tensions rising, Adrian McKinley resigned as leader of the Order, temporarily keeping the Organization without a head. Sius Malacos, McKinley’s second in command, took action, and along with 4 other highly qualified members of the Order, created the Order High Command. This High Command, compromised of 5 members, took the role of the Order’s leadership, as a more democratic form of government.”

“The first initiative this newly founded group engaged in was the creation of a “primary fleet”. This fleet would be the largest among the Order, and would be compromised of what was Black Squadron, as well as newer members who decided to join the fleet to do greater good. While smaller groups existed, the primary fleet was the bulk of the Order force, being the largest and most powerful fleet the Order had yet seen. The group operated out of Omicron 100, and was led by non other than Sius Malacos, the man who greatly helped in creating the Order High Command.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

Links and other Information
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28187
-Order recruitment: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30976
-Laws of Order Space: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...pic=4605&hl
-Order Message dump: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30810
-Order Watering hole: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30811
-Order events: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27604
-Order Manuel: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=24502&hl=
-Complete Order Roster: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=24560&st=0

Current Roster (as of 1/21/09)
- Fleet Admiral SwissScorch
- Mid Admiral Seanthedestroyer
- Rear Admiral Lancer-X
- Colonel Satori
- Colonel Ali
- Captain Klaw117
- Captain Arkantos
- Commander Manuel
- Commander Rouge
- Major Jovek
- Major Artemis
- Major Walker
- Lieutenant USS_Reaper
- Lieutenant Reavengitair
- Lieutenant Monk
- Ensign ANero
- Ensign Nixter
- Ensign Bobafett
- Crewman DeiSol

Zone of Influence
[Image: f_ordermapwkem_eac6995.png]

Ranking Structure

Ranks:
Fleet Admiral
Mid Admiral
Rear Admiral
Colonel
Captain
Commander
Major
Lieutenant
Ensign
Crewman

Rank Descriptions:
Fleet Admiral: The Fleet Admiral is the leader of the Order|. Only one person may hold this rank at once and has full authority over the rest of the fleet.
Mid Admiral: The Mid Admiral is also the right hand man of the Fleet Admiral. Only one person may hold this rank at once. In case of vacancy, the Rear Admiral will step up to occupy this position. High expectations, it all does pay off with the title of being an Order Admiral. This person should work close with the Rear Admiral to work on things in case the Fleet Admiral is on absence.
Rear Admiral: The Rear Admiral is the first Admiralty rank available to one person. Only one person may hold this rank at once, and expectations will rise above any in a previous rank. Chosen by the Fleet Admiral with confirmation of the fleet, the Rear Admiral is expected to be a person the fleet may go to for issues, and will have important duties to perform. However this responsibility will be aided with the commissioning of a Carrier ship if this person chooses to do so. Welcome to the Admiralty.
Colonel: The rank of Colonel. This is the last rank before an Admiralty position and will be the hardest to achieve. Less in numbers than any other rank available, expectations will be quite high as will their active duty. However all of it does pay off as a Colonel has essentially full access to the Order’s arsenal. Their name should be well known among the Admirals, as any vacancy will be surely filled in with a Colonel.
Captain: Well into the ranks of the Order| a Captain is expected to stick to their rank and have a definitive presence in their capital ship if they choose to have one. Requirements to move on will be hard, but it will be all the worth.
Commander: Welcome to the 2nd tier. Your passing the requirements to come this far has shown your true worth in the Order. Less in number than any 1st tier rank, a Commander has special privileges such as permission to commission a large vessel. From here on out, requirements will rise, as will your expectations. Do not let the Order down.
Major: Congratulations. As a major you may equip yourself with a gunboat class vessel in addition to your mandatory fighter class vessels. Responsibilities will increase, and your actions will now have a more definitive influence as a person reaches their last position in the 1st tier.
Lieutenant: Having come this far, a Lieutenant has gained more authority. Knowing the Order like their ship, a more active role play presence is required and their characters should be somewhat well known in space.
Ensign: Upon having met the basic requirements, a pilot becomes an Ensign, at which stage they will be required to show their commitment to the Order and worth to move on in its ranks.
Crewman: This rank is provided to any person that wishes to join the Order| but does not have a properly tagged and ID’d fighter and bomber.

Tier Descriptions:
1st Tier
- Crewman
- Ensign
- Lieutenant
- Major
2nd Tier
- Commander
- Captain
- Colonel
3rd Tier
- Rear Admiral
- Mid Admiral
4th Tier
- Fleet Admiral

Ranks were divided into 4 separate tiers. To go from tier to tier as part of promotion, there will be additional requirements added on to standard requirements.

Ship Restrictions
Fleet Admiral
Mid Admiral
Rear Admiral

Colonel
Captain
Commander

Major
Lieutenant
Ensign
Crewman

Green = Battleships, Carrier and under
Blue = Battleships and under
Yellow = Cruisers/Destroyers and under
Orange = Gunboats and under
Red = Bombers and under

Usable Ships:
The Order (we are the Order)
Corsairs (Allied)
Zoners (Allied)
Hogosha (Allied)

Battleship Class Vessels:
• Order Osiris
Cruiser/Destroyer Class Vessels:
• "Geb" Class Order Light Assault Carrier (Admirals only)
• "Resheph" Order Reconnaissance Cruiser
• Corsair "Praefect" Cruiser (Requires Authorization)
• Zoner "Fearless" Destroyer (Requires Authorization)
Gunboat Class Vessels:
• "Hathor" Class Order Gunboat
• Zoner (Requires Authorization)
• M26 Class Corsair Gunboat (Requires Authorization)
Bomber Class Vessels:
• 019A "Sekhmet" Order Bomber
• CTE-10000 "Roc" Civilian Bomber (Requires Authorization)
• M14 Class "Praetorian" Corsair Bomber (Requires Authorization)
Fighter Class Vessels:
• 07A "Anubis" The Order Very Heavy Fighter
• 015A "Nephthys" The Order Very Heavy Fighter
• 042A "Bastet" The Order Very Heavy Fighter
• M10 Class "Titan" Corsair Very Heavy Fighter (Requires Authorization)
• CTE-6000 "Eagle" Civilian Very Heavy Fighter (Requires Authorization
All members will be expected to have a working Fighter class vessel at all times in addition to any other ships they choose to obtain permitted by their rank.

Weapon Restrictions
Fighter and Bomber class weapons:
• "Death's Hand" series The Order Laser Cannons
• "Reaper" series The Order Neutron Cannons
• "Salamanca" series Corsair Neutron Cannons
• "Tizona/Colada del Cid" Corsair Pulse Cannons
• "Fury" series Zoner Photon Cannons
• Codename Weapons
• "Human Modified" Nomad Energy Blasters
• "Human Modified" Nomad Energy Cannons
• ANC-1 "Nova" Antimatter Torpedo Launcher
• AN-2 "Supernova" Antimatter Cannon
• "Mini Razor" Tachyon-Antimatter Cannon
Capital ship class weapons:
• Order Capital Turrets
• Corsair Capital Turrets
• Zoner Capital Turrets
• Basic Capital Turrets
• Battle Razors
• Mortars
• Infernos
Diplomacy
Allied:
• The Brotherhood - [+]
• The Benitez Family - Corsair-?_Benitez

Friendly:
• Temporary Autonomous Zoners - [TAZ]
• Jupiter Guild [\JG/]

Neutral:
• Everyone else

Unfriendly:
• Molly Republic - [MR]
• Red Hessian Army - [RHA]
• Hessian Tears - [HT]

Hostile:
• The Phantoms - [Phantom]
• Hideyoshi's Guard - [HG]
• Liberty Navy - [LN]
• Liberty Security Force - =LSF=
• Liberty Police Inc. - LPI-
• Outcasts 101st - [101st]
• Shadow Stalkers Organization - SSO|

War:
• The Keepers - Keepers.NAME
• Das Wilde - Wilde.NAME
--------

NPC/Unaffiliated Players Diplomacy:

Friendly:
• Corsairs
• Zoners
• Hogosha

Neutral:
• Everyone Else

Hostile:
• Das Wilde
• Nomads
• Outcasts
• Bounty Hunters
• Liberty Security Force
• Liberty Navy
• Liberty Police
Order|Orillion is a character I just saw on the server.

I was wondering, would that be Casper Orillion?

I was also wondering, why the choice of name?
' Wrote:Order|Orillion is a character I just saw on the server.

I was wondering, would that be Casper Orillion?

I was also wondering, why the choice of name?

I believe that's a Honor ship, Like he has a ship named after him

Edit:I am sure Swiss will correct me if i am wrong
Order|Orillion is my carrier. I named it after the founder of the Order.

Sorta like how in modern days, navys name their carriers and ships after presidents and leaders and such. So yes, Rouge is right, it's named after Casper Orillion in his honor.

sorry for the confusion, heh'
If that is so.

Thank you for the information.

Have a nice day.
I believe your shiplist could do with an update...with all the shiny new toys, you can afford to cover everything from VHF to battleship without grabbing everyone else's tech (TBH, I don't like seeing Order in other people's stuff, their shiplines are supposed to be top of the range tech...no real reason to grab someone else's, but I guess you could leave the option open for special curcumstances)...all that is really needed is an Order LF (someone make one, so I can switch my character into it >.>).

Also, it would be kinda cool if you guys would come out a bit more. The Order is supposed to be checking for signs of infection amongst all of humanity, and keeping an eye on aliens everywhere...yet I have never seen you move against the Wilde or the Keepers outside of the Omicrons.

It would be pretty cool if some house forces were fighting back a bunch of aliens, and you guys jumped in, assisted, then vanished as soon as the house forces are gaining the upper hand...
Don't bug them about the LF, its my fault they don't have one. I'd made one some months back but lost the dev files for it and never got around to replacing it.

For 4.86, promise.:P

Regarding the Order itself, I find that you're too self-contained, too isolationist. The role set for you is that of devout protectors of humanity, but I hardly ever find that you conduct yourselves that way. Your actions honestly just seem like every other house military...

I also think naming your carrier Orillion was a mistake, its just bound for confusion. Its a little fresh to be using the name in such an honourific sense. If you're set on i though, some adjoining literature explaining its naming might be a good idea.
oh, just realized I never updated this with the new faction post I put up after .85 came out hehe. Doing that now. I have an updated ship list and everything... just not here:)

edit: ok, updated. All non order ships on there (allied ones) have requires authorization after it, which no one's every going to get. As far as I know all the Order| members fly 100% Order ships.

The Orillion, well, I know there's some stuff mentioned about it in Tenacity's carrier RP. I forgot if I wrote something in my big story thread (Master and Commander), I'd have to check.
I'm still not comfortable with having the allied caps, especially the Fearless, there, even if they are "restricted"...a "terrorist" running around in a Zoner cap is not gonna be good for the Zoners' relations with the Order's enemies...it was vaguely understandable in .84 when the only available cap was the Osiris, but even then, I think most people chose a Praefect over a Fearless...

' Wrote:Don't bug them about the LF, its my fault they don't have one. I'd made one some months back but lost the dev files for it and never got around to replacing it.

For 4.86, promise.:P

Oh, so it's you I have to repeatedly poke to make me my LF...I hoped I'd be able to find the culprit in the end...hehe
hmm. True. I used to have a fearless, but it served as my research vessel (now it's an order cruiser). It has never seen real action, but the zoners are one of our closest allies along with the corsairs. Running around is something I don't think the Order does at all. I don't know anyone who is using a fearless, but if the Zoner council requests, that ship will be removed from the list. I guess that could go the same for the Corsairs, as I wouldn't be too happy to see a corsair or someone with an Order ship, however I do ask that we be allowed to use allied weaponry.

edit: And yes, that lf was quite nice.

edit2: I mean, it still is:)