Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Cash Ivankov of the Junker Marauders ⚡ From: Blackfriar, LH~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Infiltrator.Blackfriar.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 119a.png][Image: 4.png]

Mister Ivankov,

Blackfriar of the Lane Hackers speaking. I am assured you remember me from our past dealings.[1] First and foremost, I have to thank you. The equipment you procured me last time has exceeded all of my expectations, proving to be exceptionally valuable asset.

As you may have guessed, I am in need of your services once again. This time, I require a Cloaking Device Mark III - transport ship-compatible device. Please - Include the expected manufacture time and costs in your reply. Thank you in advance.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

...boosting.transmission.signal.strenght...
[img float=left]http://discoverygc.com/forums/uploads/avatars/avatar_28978.png?dateline=1393199547[/img]
Transmission feed OPEN
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
► Sender ID: Deputy Marauder Cash Ivankov
► Location: Beaumont, Texas
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
► Destination ID: "Blackfriar"
► Encryption: HIGH
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
► SUBJECT: Cloaking device

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Good day Mister Blackfriar. Apologies for the delay but I didn't want to quote a price until the process of actually obtaining the item you requested was completed. Should you find the price acceptable a transport classed cloaking device can be turned over to you for 225 million credits. If you deem this agreeable the item can be turned over to at any time.

On an entirely unrelated note, would you be able to tell me how often the Lane Hackers operate in and around the Kepler area? There is a potential business opportunity in the area and I wish to know if the Lane Hackers might be interested. Before saying more though I wish to know how often this area is visited by you and yours.
Transmission feed CLOSED
...uploading.data...

You have exceeded my expectations once again, mister Ivankov. We should arrange an exchange of goods, perhaps right now? That would be most preferable option for me. Of course, I understand you are a busy man so I'l propose something more convenient - 20:00 Sirius time tomorrow, at Beaumont Base in Texas. Let me remind you, using Spire's vendor as a middle-man is also a valid option.

On the unrelated topic, our activity in Kepler depends on the situation - while it currently cannot be considered as high, a lucrative business deal might change that. You have my attention. Please, continue.

...uploading.data...

The Professors have been pleased with your business proposition. Under their guidance, I have prepared a list of commodities that can we can deliver in larger amounts, as well as the price that will be beneficial for both parties. Your comments, critiques and propositions are welcome.

ItemPrice per unit
Copper ore7200
Uncut Diamonds8000
Platinum ore4000
Niobium ore7000
Silver ore7100

All other materials, supplies or provisions that are extorted are irregular, and the time required to process the paperwork for each individually, as well considering their price on the market is low, makes them not worth the hassle. There is only one more thing we can offer you, and it is Cardamine. As you well known, the price of the substance in Liberty is extremely high, and with a small risk-taking, your investment can be doubled. It is something we can get our hands on easily, thus, we can guarantee the steady supply, no matter the amount you require. My proposition on the price of it would be 4300 per unit.

[img float=left]http://discoverygc.com/forums/uploads/avatars/avatar_28978.png?dateline=1393199547[/img]
Transmission feed OPEN
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
► SUBJECT: Business

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Mr. Blackfriar I believe the listed prices to be fair and mutually beneficial. I do however have some concerns, the first of which is the Platinum you have mentioned. Due to the price I am assuming you are referring to the type typically mined in Alberta rather than Platinum hailing from Kusari?

On the matter of Cardamine, I agree that routing the Cardamine trade more through the northern sectors of Liberty is desirable. This is especially the case given the recent jumphole shift in Coronado as well as the current groups operating in the Tau regions. Assuming it is acceptable, I would however suggest that the price be set at 4000 per unit. This is because given the area it is actually less risky for our own captains to transport Cardamine up to that point and to offload there. This means that we would need a lower price to encourage independent captains to finish the route.

It will also take time for our vendors to be able to set aside storage space for the rest of the mentioned goods, however because of our own shipments we already have a decent amount of space set aside for Cardamine shipments. We should be able to accept any deliveries immediately.
Transmission feed CLOSED
...uploading.data...

The price refers to Platinum mined in Alberta's asteroid fields, of course. The transports moving out of Alberta often end up unexpectedly halted. Needless to say, we end up with a significant amount of ore we have no need for, hence the brokering is required.

I am glad you have seen prospect in Cardamine. The substance indeed is very valuable, and it will bring nothing but profit. The price, however, is something we should negotiate more further. While the risk taken by you to move it to its destination is great, there's also an significant effort from our side to successfully deliver it to your hub with upmost secrecy. The Freeport is full of prying eyes, often visited by the Navy, Naval Forces or foes alike, hence the price should reflect our choice of moving the commodities to Kepler and risking exposure, instead of our usual, much safer route into Galileo. How about we meet in the middle; 4150?

You can expect first deliveries within few days.

Transmission feed OPEN

I have forwarded the dock master the correct amount regarding Cardamine as I believe it to be a fair price. I am certain that it will be enough to encourage a healthy supply from your own people while providing enough of an incentive to ensure it makes it the rest of the way.

Given the varying purity's of minerals though, the docking master has also informed me that currently it would be unwise to purchase anything due to the unknown value of the materials being purchased. While I do not doubt the Lane Hackers, it will take additional time for us to procure samples in order to make sure that we can properly identify the quality of what we are buying. This process will likely be completed in the next two weeks. For the meantime this means that we are unable to purchase any raw minerals.

Transmission feed CLOSED
...uploading.data...

I am glad we managed to negotiate the price of Cardamine import to a level we're both satisfied with. As for the prices of other listed commodities; there is no rush. Our extorted ore supplies will safely be stored for the time being and we'l gladly deliver them to you complete the necessary preparations.

As I have promised, first shipments of Cardamine have arrived to destination:

Proof of delivery #1
Proof of delivery #2
Proof of delivery #3
Proof of delivery #4

In addition, we have delivered several shipments of Reinforced Alloys, Food Rations, Oxygen and Water on our expense as a sign of good faith, and in hope of future collaboration.

Transmission feed OPEN

Mr. Blackfriar I am pleased to announce that for the most part everything is up and running and has been for roughly a week now. Storage room for 25,000 of each ore has been set aside, although I'm certain the cargo will be moved quickly enough for us to never reach this amount. Unfortunately due to troubles in the Taus our quartermaster is currently unable to properly price Niobium and this will have to be rectified at a later date once the situation has calmed itself. I'm unsure if you are aware but currently it seems that the miners guild has struck a vein of Berylium so rich that they appear to have ceased Niobium mining entirely for the moment.

I will make certain that this is corrected as soon as possible. Assuming things go well on that front, I believe this matter is mostly taken care of unless you had something else to add. A channel specifically for declaring delivered goods will likely be created sometime in the future provided there there is no issue with it on your end.
Transmission feed CLOSED